THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

De Norre played the majority of last season in central midfield. No doubt he can probably play the wing-back role, but I think he has been bought to play in the middle.

The move for Wes Harding seems to confirm this.

It's obvious the passing of John Berylson led to a stalling of our business and understandably so. Things seem to moving on a pace now, so credit to everyone at the club for negotiating what has been an unbelievably tough few weeks.

De Norre played the majority of last season in central midfield. No doubt he can probably play the wing-back role, but I think he has been bought to play in the middle.

The move for Wes Harding seems to confirm this.

It's obvious the passing of John Berylson led to a stalling of our business and understandably so. Things seem to moving on a pace now, so credit to everyone at the club for negotiating what has been an unbelievably tough few weeks.

Just read a Rotherham fan commenting that although he can play there at a push, Wes Harding isn't really a wing-back and that his Nan can play better than him in that role and he is really a centre-back. So discount everything I just said because I know fuck all.

Millwall are in talks with former Rotherham United defender Wes Harding.

The 26-year-old Leicester-born player is a free agent after leaving the Millers in the summer – turning down a contract extension.

Harding’s versatility makes him a useful addition. He can play at centre-back, full-back or wing-back.

Really not sure he will add anything to be honest. 6 at the back??

Last edited:
Someonw
Millwall are in talks with former Rotherham United defender Wes Harding.

The 26-year-old Leicester-born player is a free agent after leaving the Millers in the summer – turning down a contract extension.

Harding’s versatility makes him a useful addition. He can play at centre-back, full-back or wing-back.

Really not sure he will add anything to be honest. 6 at the back??
Weve lost Cresswell, Hutchinson’s injuries are becoming more frequent and he’s not getting any younger. Alex Mitchell and Okoli are maybe not quite ready for the step up and neither can play fullback if needed.

I think we could do worse than signing a 26 year old versatile defender with championship experience on a free transfer!

As far as I am concerned all of this positive stuff will count for nothing if Flemming goes. This would indicate to me that we are not serious about trying to get promoted.

8) Kevin Nisbet (Hibernian to Millwall, £2m)
Here we have a striker with zero Championship experience, but this does not mean that Nisbet is not an exciting signing for Gary Rowett’s side.

Millwall broke their record transfer fee last summer on Zian Flemming (who was bloody brilliant) and they have bettered this again with a reported £2m fee being spent on Nisbet, who scored 12 goals in 20 appearances during an injury-disrupted season for Hibernian in 2022/23.

Seventeen-goal Tom Bradshaw carried the scoring loads for Millwall last season as they narrowly missed out on the play-offs once again. But the 22/23 campaign proved that they are gradually on the rise and the added threat of Nisbet could help the Lions finally end up in the top six this time around.

7) Joe Bryan (Fulham to Millwall, free transfer)
While Nisbet is an excellent signing for Millwall’s attacking department, Bryan is a sure-fire upgrade on 32-year-old Scott Malone, who the Lions took the decision to release upon the expiration of his contract.

Bryan fell down the pecking order at Fulham prior to his nightmare loan spell at Ligue 1 side Nice (where he made just ten appearances in 22/23), but he was among the top left-backs in the Championship during his time at Bristol City. Aged 29, he is returning to the second tier with a point to prove after barely getting a sniff last season and if he can shine as he did at Bristol City, he will be a superb freebie for Millwall.

Jamie Shackleton has returned to Leeds United this summer after a loan spell with Millwall in the Championship last season, and he has posted on Instagram for the first time following his time in London – with a three-word message.

Shackleton, 23, left Leeds on loan last summer after 79 senior games – following his path into the Leeds side under Marcelo Bielsa. Of those 79, 27 came in the Premier League. But Jesse Marsch chose to send Shackleton on loan.

He did well at Millwall – glimpses of quality, his talent, his unrelenting work rate. He struggled to nail down a starting spot and Millwall, who did have an option to sign him permanently, decided not to sign Shackleton this summer.

So what was the 3 word message then???

I think the transfer market in general seems to be quiet.
As far as the club is concerned they would prefer for us to first hear about any transfer after the deal is done.
Loans will slowly increase soon as most clubs are like us, looking at how youngsters play in friendlies before deciding what to do with them.

Definitely agree there mate, more so for our league and below it seems very quiet.

Will be interesting to see if we grab anyone in on loan as a lot of the stories surrounding us are all permanent deals.

Jamie Shackleton has returned to Leeds United this summer after a loan spell with Millwall in the Championship last season, and he has posted on Instagram for the first time following his time in London – with a three-word message.

Shackleton, 23, left Leeds on loan last summer after 79 senior games – following his path into the Leeds side under Marcelo Bielsa. Of those 79, 27 came in the Premier League. But Jesse Marsch chose to send Shackleton on loan.

He did well at Millwall – glimpses of quality, his talent, his unrelenting work rate. He struggled to nail down a starting spot and Millwall, who did have an option to sign him permanently, decided not to sign Shackleton this summer.

So what was the 3 word message then???
Where's Kev gone.

Last edited:
Apparently we had an option to buy Shackleton too? I'm not sure why we wouldn't?

Versatile, works hard and a better than average Championship player.

Shame the loans of Styles, Cresswell and Shackleton weren't already permanent. Would of been an unreal squad with Nisbet and Bryan.