THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

We are slowly chipping away at bringing some decent quality into the club and unloading any surplus players. Very early days yet, but, after the colossal events of a couple of weeks back, personally, I'm so glad we still have GR and his stability at the club. He must be having a big input into who's joining Millwall, as there seems to be a real effort to push the club forward without spending stupid money.

:clap:

I think LB/RB & AM. They seem to play him along side another Am. Very strange formation as the two forwards play wider than normal. Dont remember any English team playing that formation.
Wikipedia says RB/Def Mid and the last few games he played, he played as 1 of 2 Defensive midfielders, that is all I have seen.
It might be that he takes the place of Shackleton.

When you’re sat in Row Z and the ball hits your head, that’s De Norre…
Fucking hope not! Not if we’re paying good money for him!

What about, “When the ball finds the net, you can always bet, that’s De Norre!”

We probably won’t sign the ‘Bermondsey Belgian’ now! :mad:

Not sure if this has already reported but Rich Crawley tweeted this https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/excl...eal-for-oh-leuven-midfielder-casper-de-norre/

Anyone know more?
Was told by carpark man over the weekend that we were trying to finalise a deal for an overseas player. Maybe this could be the one. Definitely the place to go looking cause these players are reasonably priced and keen to play in England cause it puts them in the window for premier clubs to take notice.

He must be having a big input into who's joining Millwall, as there seems to be a real effort to push the club forward without spending stupid money.
We've had a full time scout living and working abroad for two seasons now. It is a good route to go down for value and technically adept prospects. The championship is a big platform for players to be tested, ply there trade and get noticed.

When you see what the likes of Declan Rice and slab head go for you can understand why smaller clubs like Brighton, Brenford and us are looking further affield for talent.

The English market is skewed with ridiculously overpriced average players that often lack the technical ability and hunger of those from abroad. Quite exciting times for a club of our size and very refreshing to see us proactive and forward thinking.

I think i need a lay down

#Smallwall.

Last edited:
Credit to James Berylson for continuing the work his father did by backing the manager.

This lad seems to have some pedigree and can play in a few positions, is a good age and I assume he speaks the language.

I like the fact we take time to do our transfers and that there is due diligence.

I think things have changed for some "smaller" clubs in that they have beneficiaries and so don't actually need to sell. They can hold out for higher or even inflated prices for the big clubs. It's the bigger clubs that are now desperate to sign the talent and therefore have to pay the price, often inflated price.
We don't need to sell Flemming to keep the club going like we had to in the past with the likes of Cahill etc. We were desperate for the cash at the time.

We don't need to sell Flemming to keep the club going like we had to in the past with the likes of Cahill etc.
To some degree we do have to sell players if the price is right so we can fund other transfers. We have to saty within FFP rules and can only spend what we earn from the footballing side of things.

He was bought with a view of being sold on for a good profit at some point. It's quite likely that prospective signings are told that when Aldo and Kavanagh meet the player and his agent. Do the business here and you'll go onto bigger things, It's a good sales pitch and incentive for the player.

The Flemming money can fund the recruitment of another two/ three players and we'll still have change from it. This route works as long as you can keep finding the players that live up to the clubs expectations. We must become more self sufficent because we are hamstrung by financial bounderies.

On top of that we don't want to be keeping players that get much better offers elsewhere if they want away. I think the board will be mindful of that and won't stand in the way if it benefits the club. I doubt we'll see anothe Jed situation happen again.

If the reports are true a 3 year contract with an optional 1 year extension

Casper the ghost seems very useful and from the highlight reel looks like he will add quality to what we already have

Still relatively young at 26 and will get better as he still ain’t at his prime

very exciting signing and hopefully gets confirmed tomorrow

with regard Flemming would be gutted to see him go but if he gets the chance to play for Lazio and we get 15m can’t see how we can not wish him luck

15m for us is a huge amount of money and could help us bring in 2 or 3 quality for us players

That's what does me in. We can argue over Flemming being worth £15m or not, but if you had to take a £15m punt would you go for a number 10 who excelled in the Championship and understands the English game or an unknown player from the Swiss league who demands a 5 year contract and is undoubtedly on more money than Flemming would be offered

Wes Harding, Rotherham defender possibly en route.
Although Luton and Cov sniffing around.
Doubt we’d get him if Luton make him an offer, but he’s certainly a versatile player, able to play at CH, full back or wing back, so ideal if we have injuries and/or suspensions in those positions which he can fill in for!

Left back is covered already, so maybe Rowett is interested in Harding primarily for the wing back role? If so (and we buy him), does he get the nod as Rowett’s 1st choice or will it be Danny?

For me, Danny is a great tackling defender, it’s just that his crossing (IMO), was poor last season! Hopefully, if he’s been practicing more in training, he’ll overcome that side of his game and become the complete player we all want him to be!