THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Fat Dan on Lions TV reckons we’ve already signed a left back on a free transfer whose contract ends June 30th 2023.

Someone in his comments section reckons the left back is George Cox. I Googled him and guess who he plays for?

Fortuna Sittard!

Reckon old Zian has had a word in Rowett’s shell like and given him the heads up! That obviously ties in with the rumour that Rowett has been looking at players in the Netherlands.

Cox is 25, 5’6 tall and can also play left sided midfield.

Fat Dan reckons we won’t go for Styles because he still has 3 years left on his contract, and the Barnsley chairman won’t let him go on the cheap, so better to spend what he thinks we’d have to spend on Styles (£2.5M) and use that money to buy Travis, and get Cox in on a free transfer.

Millwall have so far put in 4 bids for Travis, with the last bid reported to have been upped to £2.5M which Blackburn have still rejected. Will Rowett up the bid again to £3M, and is this player really that good (and is he really going to change our midfield fortunes round if we sign him), for us to part with the most we would ever have paid for a player, in the club’s 138 year history?

Wouldn’t it be better (and get more bang for our buck), if we could spend that £2.5M - £3M on getting in another attacking midfielder, and possibly a player in another position (maybe another forward as cover for either Bradshaw or Nisbet), as opposed to just buying this Travis bloke? £2.5M - £3M is a lot to spend on a player who’ll be 26 this October, especially if he ends up not working out for us!

Last edited:
Fat Dan on Lions TV reckons we’ve already signed a left back on a free transfer whose contract ends June 30th 2023.

Someone in his comments section reckons the left back is George Cox. I Googled him and guess who he plays for?

Fortuna Sittard!

Reckon old Zian has had a word in Rowett’s shell like and given him the heads up! That obviously ties in with the rumour that Rowett has been looking at players in the Netherlands.

Cox is 25, 5’6 tall and can also play left sided midfield.

Fat Dan reckons we won’t go for Styles because he still has 3 years left on his contract, and the Barnsley chairman won’t let him go on the cheap, so better to spend what he thinks we’d have to spend on Styles (£2.5M) and use that money to buy Travis, and get Cox in on a free transfer.

Millwall have so far put in 4 bids for Travis, with the last bid reported to have been upped to £2.5M which Blackburn have still rejected. Will Rowett up the bid again to £3M, and is this player really that good (and is he really going to change our midfield fortunes round if we sign him), for us to part with the most we would ever have paid for a player, in the club’s 138 year history?

Wouldn’t it be better (and get more bang for our buck), if we could spend that £2.5M - £3M on getting in another attacking midfielder, and possibly a player in another position (maybe another forward as cover for either Bradshaw or Nisbet), as opposed to just buying this Travis bloke? £2.5M - £3M is a lot to spend on a player who’ll be 26 this October, especially if he ends up not working out for us!

Souffian El Karouani of NEC Nijmegen is another possibility along with the Nigel’s Tayo Adaramola​

If it is George Cox then he is a quality player and an excellent signing. He would be a huge upgrade on what we have. I would say he is ideally suited to the wing-back role, but not exclusively. He has pace, a good technique, can defend and has quality delivery from corners. He is big mates with Flemming.

If we get him I would be delighted.

If it is George Cox then he is a quality player and an excellent signing. He would be a huge upgrade on what we have. I would say he is ideally suited to the wing-back role, but not exclusively. He has pace, a good technique, can defend and has quality delivery from corners. He is big mates with Flemming.

Pops up with a few goals as well.

Where did you get your info Robbo - just curious? 🤔

Where did you get your info Robbo - just curious? 🤔
Life with the lions, who got it from fat Dan's youtube, from someone who comments on there who was having a guess. Silly season really. I like it when we hear from the media of the club, not fat Dan's youtube channel comments from car park Clive

Life with the lions, who got it from fat Dan's youtube, from someone who comments on there who was having a guess. Silly season really. I like it when we hear from the media of the club, not fat Dan's youtube channel comments from car park Clive
Clive is the most informed man I know. And everyone knows him! 😉

Blackburn were interested in him in January. As has been said. Zian could have given GR the nod. Left backs are like rocking horse sh*t. Would be a good addition to the squad.

Cox, full back, 5'6" ?? He would have to be in the Nigel Winterburn class?

Travis, anybody recall his quality for Blackburn in the first half against us?
I must have missed it. Happy to be wrong, especially for that money!

Styles is a worthy target. May need too play the long game with Barnsley. See where they are in their league come Christmas.

Cox, full back, 5'6" ?? He would have to be in the Nigel Winterburn class?

Travis, anybody recall his quality for Blackburn in the first half against us?
I must have missed it. Happy to be wrong, especially for that money!

Styles is a worthy target. May need too play the long game with Barnsley. See where they are in their league come Christmas.
My favourite Millwall full back, Ian Dawes, wasn’t much taller than that.

Again, I wasn't speculating. I don't watch Lions TV. I have no interest in it at all.

Last edited:

Members online