THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

After almost breaking our transfer record and looking to buy a real goal scorer it all seems a bit disappointing, oh well just what we are used to so nothing changes, life as a Wall fan and I will be there on Saturday with you lot. Whoever it is once they pull on the shirt and cross the white line will get behind them 100%.

Watmore to score being ex Sunderland and Boro, worth a couple of quid!!

Fat Dan also said last season that Olly Burke was signing on a permanent and put up a picture of him claiming he was on the way to Calmont road. He was on his way alright, to Gatwick to catch a plane to Germany. Don't belive a word that dodge pot says, he's a proven liar and bullshit merchant. He's worse than ever cause he's found a way of making money from his lies and bullshit via his youtube channel. Blokes a liar and chancer that's happy to spout lies to wall fans that he makes money from. Absolute shitcunt.

Nah, they're just behaving in the correct and proper manner. Think we have dodged a bullet personally, player was moaning that we didn't send a car and club representative to meet him and drive him to the medical.
Burke was about to sign but at the last minute demanded 3000 a week more .very suprised hes back to be honest

I;m not disappointed Nesbitt hasn't signed. Real goal scorer? Unproven outside of a poor scots league, was a huge gamble.
It’s a shame that the 2.5M we was buying him for won’t be seen now, straight back in the bank until next season maybe !

It’s a shame that the 2.5M we was buying him for won’t be seen now, straight back in the bank until next season maybe !
Yes unlikey now, think we'll stil get one or two in by the end of this window. I know the club are trying hard for a striker on loan, hopefully we can get it over the line in time. Still, i think the two signings today are good ones and means Vlog can play more central now ( not that i think he's the answer). We're certainly stronger than we were a week ago!

Boro fans on Watmore:

"I’ll miss Watmore. Always put a shift in and nothing more can be asked. He never down tooled, threw his toys out of the pram or put in a half arsed performance."

"To echo the feelings on here, I will be truly sad to see him go. I remember when he came in, there were some complaints, but I think he has done himself and the club proud putting himself about when we really had very few options up front and keeping us competitive."

"Love Duncan Watmore a most likable lad and a true grafter.

Wish him all the best at Millwall their fans will love his attitude."

"You know I am going to miss him a lot. Came in at a time when he wasn't expected to do anything & won the fans over with hard work & passion.

Hope he does well for Millwall."

"Wish him nothing but the best if he does move on. Really pleased for him that he grabbed the opportunity we gave him with both hands and has managed to revive his career. He reminds me of Nugent in that he wasn’t the most prolific but he ran himself into the ground every game and never gave less than 110% which I think really endeared him to me."

Some on the Boro forum speculating that the Watmore deal could be dependent on us terminating the Cresswell loan so he can go to Middlesbrough. Not sure about that.

View attachment 20796Boro fans don’t seem happy to see him go
And to a team that will be fighting them over a play off spot. Could come back to bite them on the arse if we finish above them. Think Watmore is a very good player that can change a game, a real crowd pleaser at times. More than happy that we've got him on board.

Last edited:
I have a feeling we aren’t done in this window.
Rowett is not stupid, he will know we still need a striker. The two signings (Burke and Watmore) are versatile, can play on either side or through the middle which is a bonus, and give us much needed strength on the wing. However, we are still short of an out and out striker.

We need a presence, someone who occupies centre halves, ideally with a turn of pace to boot. Bradshaw harrasses defenders, but he is never an out ball, can’t hold it up well and never spins in behind. He’s meant to play with a partner.