THE DEFINITIVE TRANSFER IN/OUT THREAD!!!

Jamal Lowe allowed to leave Bournemouth on loan this month, reckon we will be in for him.
Rumoured to be on £12,000 a week at Bournemouth, so wouldn’t be expensive if we paid half that amount on loan (or could even pay the full whack, now that Afobe has gone!)

Primarily a winger (right footed), so not sure where he would fit in, especially as GR is playing Vogi the right side of a front three! He could play the German in a front two and bring Lowe in as the right winger, but I really can’t see GR changing the formation at the moment!

Hasn’t really been pulling up trees since joining Bournemouth in 2021, having scored 7 goals in 36 appearances (1 goal every 5 games), so don’t really know how getting him on loan is going to improve us that much!

I would be well pleased if Jamal Lowe came and played for us,think it's just what we need,a winger who don't mind taking defenders on. Premiership might not be where he is at but Championship would be perfect

When he has played against us he always seems to me like Bertie Big Boots. He promises a lot but fails to deliver. He would probably play for us….if he joined….wide right in Vogi’s slot but I don’t think he is better than Vogi so I don’t see a lot of point in signing him.

On another tack Rich Cawley is suggesting that there could be interest in George Evans, who had only made 8 appearances this season and is looking to play more regularly. He would not be a loss in my view.

I agree with Silver, I think he flatters to deceive.

Buying players is so difficult to get right. I, for one, thought that Liam Delap would be a fantastic loan signing but he has scored 3 in 22 games. That's Parrott-esque.

Vogi is not a winger. Everybody knows that. At the moment we're playing a striker and a centre midfielder out wide, and we need natural wide men.

We've tried to sign Lowe a couple of times, I'm not convinced that he would be a waste of time trying for again.

Last season in the Championship he got 12 starts and 27 sub apps, averaged 42 mins per game, but still churned out 7 goals and 3 assists. Thats a goal involvement every 4 games without ever being in the side properly - not terrible by any means.

Someone looking at Vogi's stats for the season would be hard pressed to find many positives, 1 goal and 1 assist in 21 games, but we all know his value to the team.

I think we need a winger and a couple of strikers ideally.

Also I fear that we are overly reliant on Flemming for our attacking output and are lacking someone who can slot in to that No.10 role seamlessly in his absence. Perhaps Styles could do a job from what I've seen, he's technically very good.

He does look like a great player in the making. Would be interesting to see him in the team.

Edit- this was in reference to that young Brighton striker, Ferguson.

Last edited:
Vogi is not a winger. Everybody knows that. At the moment we're playing a striker and a centre midfielder out wide, and we need natural wide men.

We've tried to sign Lowe a couple of times, I'm not convinced that he would be a waste of time trying for again.

Last season in the Championship he got 12 starts and 27 sub apps, averaged 42 mins per game, but still churned out 7 goals and 3 assists. Thats a goal involvement every 4 games without ever being in the side properly - not terrible by any means.

Someone looking at Vogi's stats for the season would be hard pressed to find many positives, 1 goal and 1 assist in 21 games, but we all know his value to the team.

I think we need a winger and a couple of strikers ideally.

Also I fear that we are overly reliant on Flemming for our attacking output and are lacking someone who can slot in to that No.10 role seamlessly in his absence. Perhaps Styles could do a job from what I've seen, he's technically very good.
Vogl pissed the crossbar challenge though.

Members online