The championship chit chat thread

To think not long ago that Bolton, Pompey, Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield wednesday were light years ahead of us with all that premier league cash!
There has to be some lessons to learn. The list (you have to search for it) of all premiersip clubs on their own website is not a great advert, not sure why they would want to have them in there at all. Just shows you can have it good for a few years then if relegated the aftermath is terrible for so many. The list of casualties is endless…. Along with the twat supporters, day trippers, giant hands and 50/50 scarves I think I’m happy in the Championship.

I was just checking out the Premiership website as I was looking for the format of the U21’s league (ours play Hull in the semi final on Monday). There is a table of all the teams who have played in the Premiership, it includes the likes of Bolton, Charlton and Derby. The amount of them that are now screwed is beyond belief. I’m starting to think that we may have dodged a bullet.
Yes it's a good point

Add in Leicester that are probably coming down. 6 years ago they were champions.
Depends how they handle their finances, if they use the parachute money to gamble their club away and fail to go back up, it’s risky game. That’s why if Wall ever go up I’d only want us to take the cash, get some solid loan signings and offload them when relegated. The gulf between the current Premiership teams and the rest is destroying football’s promotion/relegation system.

was sure i read heard years ago Manchester City were the only ever side to be Relegated the season after being crowned champions

Did a bit of digging and yep see this
1936-37
Manchester City became the only team to have been relegated in the season after winning the league title as well as the only team to ever be relegated from the top tier of English football having scored the most goals in that particular season !

And scored the most Goals ! wtf Got to love a bit of football history trivia aint yer

Also the wall may have played a small part in their decline that season as the Lions knocked them out of the F a cup as a third tier side at The old Den the year they won the league

Season 36 7 City won it look at the top 3 table Div 1 Prem

1936/37 - English First Division
#TEAMPLDWDLGFGAGDPTS
1Man City4222137107614657
2Charlton42211295849954
3Arsenal421816880493152

Norwich seemed to have signed Ashley Barnes on a free.
34 in October and only scored 6 this season in 1900 minutes in a great Burnley side.
I suppose they need a ready made replacement for Pukki as it is their last season of parachute payments.

Norwich seemed to have signed Ashley Barnes on a free.
34 in October and only scored 6 this season in 1900 minutes in a great Burnley side.
I suppose they need a ready made replacement for Pukki as it is their last season of parachute payments.
Can’t see the point in buying a 34 year old forward, even with Champ or Prem experience!

Pacy forwards are what’s needed in the Championship, especially if you’re up against ageing, slow defenders!

Can’t see the point in buying a 34 year old forward, even with Champ or Prem experience!

Pacy forwards are what’s needed in the Championship, especially if you’re up against ageing, slow defenders!
Pukki wasn't quick and I assume they want a big lump to hold the ball up.

They also need someone to get on the end of the keepers long ball, that's after the defence has f*cked around with it for 2 minutes and gives it back to him to lump forward.

Cambridge United‘s Sam Smith, 25, has scored 35 goals in 109 games for Cambridge, and will become a free agent on June 30th 2023!

1 goal in 3 isn’t a bad return, though whether he could do it in the Championship is another matter!

No transfer fee to pay, just whatever personal terms the player, his agent and us come to an agreement about!

Cambridge United‘s Sam Smith, 25, has scored 35 goals in 109 games for Cambridge, and will become a free agent on June 30th 2023!

1 goal in 3 isn’t a bad return, though whether he could do it in the Championship is another matter!

No transfer fee to pay, just whatever personal terms the player, his agent and us come to an agreement about!
Screenshot_20230515-073644_Samsung Internet.jpg

I personally think he’ll be a great signing for them. Was quality this season & age doesn’t mean as much anymore it seems, some of these players are doing great as time goes on. They only need a good season out of him.

Personally IF we ever had the prem money I would hope we used it to stabilise the club, fill in two corners buy several up and coming quality players, no journey men or has beens