Team v Tractor Boys

Bart is the best shot stopper we have had since Keller IMO (Bart saves the 2nd goal on Sunday), even with dodgy knees and not being to clever with the ball at his feet he is head and shoulders above Sarkic.

If Sarkic stays in goal for the rest of the season we will be bang in trouble, bring Bart back NOW for the rest of the seaon!!!

Not sure which game some people were watching on Sunday, the saves Sarkic did manage were routine, he either flapped at or dropped eveything he came for!!!!!

Bart drops as many bollocks as Shark. Both are decent keepers who are both capable of Clown moments. There is little between the two of them in my book.

Being bang in trouble would be a collective fuck up from all the players involved
in the squad, not just an individual, such as Shark.

Maybe if players didn't miss decent chances on a regular basis, we might be getting at least a point a game, and possibly three. That would avoid being 'bang in trouble'.

It's all swings and roundabouts...init.

:grinning:

Last edited:
Bart is a good shot stopper with balls in the air but too slow to react to low balls and cost us a few goals where he has not been quick enough to get to low balls.

Bart drops as many bollocks as Shark. Both are decent keepers who are both capable of Clown moments. There is little between the two of them in my book.

Being bang in trouble would be a collective fuck up from all the players involved
in the squad, not just an individual, such as Shark.

Maybe if players didn't miss decent chances on a regular basis, we might be getting at least a point a game, and possibly three. That would avoid being 'bang in trouble'.

It's all swings and roundabouts...init.

:grinning:
Bart drops as many bollocks as Shark.

Never in a million years!

Tanga took a lot of stick for their goals that I think is a little bit unfair.

Goal 1: when the player who feeds into the box receives the ball, Danny is way out of position, as is Wes; De Norre is tracking back and Honeyman is wrong side of him. Three players around him! Tanga had the choice of picking up 2 players i.e. the one to his right or Wright who runs into the box. His initial movement is to the right before going with Wright and the rest is history, albeit he wasn’t far short of getting the ball.

Goal 2: The biggest culprit was Cooper getting unnecessarily sucked forward then roasted. Again Tanga the choice of closing down the player with the ball or backing off and trying to intercept the pass to Wright (a no win situation). On another day, Sarkic would have saved Wright’s effort but I think he anticipated a curler to the far post and was slightly wrong footed.

Both goals were conceded because of players getting caught too far forward.

This is the major problem not Tanga or Sarkic 🤷‍♂️

BTW: Watch the highlights and see how many saves Sarkic made!
Good viewing purley, tanga was on a hiding to nothing for first. He’s dangerous running with the ball. Patience and time required.

Bart drops as many bollocks as Shark.

Never in a million years!

Blimey, it wasn't long ago many wanted him put in the stocks, now he's the relegation saviour.
😁

Like I said above, in my opinion we need to score goals consistently, that might go a long way to helping out our points total more than anything else. Hasn't that been our problem for
quite a while now, including under GR's term? I should think tactically, JE would see that as a priority, not flipping a coin on who's the best keeper.

Blimey, it wasn't long ago many wanted him put in the stocks, now he's the relegation saviour.
😁

Like I said above, in my opinion we need to score goals consistently, that might go a long way to helping out our points total more than anything else. Hasn't that been our problem for
quite a while now, including under GR's term? I should think tactically, JE would see that as a priority, not flipping a coin on who's the best keeper.
Like you say we haven't scored consistently for ages, so expecting the team to start banging them in ain't gonna happen, so the next 15 games are as important as any run of games in our recent history.

We need a keeper to play the next 15 games who has experience and is still a top quality keeper, look what happened when GR thought Long was better than Bart, the useless cunt was throwing them in!!!

Hahaha. Bart was dropped and we went on along unbeaten run with Long in goal. We Always want a scapegoat.
Goalkeeper is the most exposed position on a football pitch. One mistake is usually costly and in the last 2 seasons some have been quick off the mark to blame Long and Sarkic for poor defensive results, albeit Bart seems to have got off relatively scot free 🤷‍♂️

Look at some of the rickets made recently by Premiership keepers.

In goalkeeping terms Sarkic is a relative novice and my gut-feeling is he’ll good 👍

Goalkeeper is the most exposed position on a football pitch. One mistake is usually costly and in the last 2 seasons some have been quick off the mark to blame Long and Sarkic for poor defensive results, albeit Bart seems to have got off relatively scot free 🤷‍♂️

Look at some of the rickets made recently by Premiership keepers.

In goalkeeping terms Sarkic is a relative novice and my gut-feeling is he’ll good 👍
PS: Look at Ederson’s error for Man City (arguably the best club team in the World) tonight 🤷‍♂️

Hahaha. Bart was dropped and we went on a long unbeaten run with Long in goal. We always want a scapegoat.
Bart will not get a game unless it's forced , JE wants a goalie who can use his feet and barts got 2 left ones when kicking / passing the ball , Septic not much better so it's the case of 2 evils

We need to remedy this problem commented on in NAD

THE LIONS THROW AWAY YET MORE POINTS

“This is getting very repetitive. It’s also becoming very costly for Millwall. They have now dropped a staggering 24 points from winning positions this season. Sixteen of those have come in the 16 games in which Joe Edwards has been in charge.

The Millwall head coach knows how he wants this team to play, but the debate is, does he have the right players to play the system? That would not be the case at this time, with eight of those 16 games ending in defeat.

Presently, the problems are all individual mistakes. Tanganga’s mistake led to the penalty, and some positional errors in the defence, along with some questionable goalkeeping from Matija Sarkic, saw Millwall go from being 1-0 up to 2-1 down in the space of three second-half minutes.

It has been noticed a few times this season that Millwall seem to struggle for 10-15 minutes after conceding a goal to regather their composure. If you think back to the Ipswich game at the end of November, the Tractor Boys found two goals in seven minutes. You also saw in the recent home game against Preston that after their equaliser, they took control of the contest, something that Edwards is very concerned about and that he and his staff are working hard to alleviate it.”

We need to remedy this problem commented on in NAD

THE LIONS THROW AWAY YET MORE POINTS

“This is getting very repetitive. It’s also becoming very costly for Millwall. They have now dropped a staggering 24 points from winning positions this season. Sixteen of those have come in the 16 games in which Joe Edwards has been in charge.

The Millwall head coach knows how he wants this team to play, but the debate is, does he have the right players to play the system? That would not be the case at this time, with eight of those 16 games ending in defeat.

Presently, the problems are all individual mistakes. Tanganga’s mistake led to the penalty, and some positional errors in the defence, along with some questionable goalkeeping from Matija Sarkic, saw Millwall go from being 1-0 up to 2-1 down in the space of three second-half minutes.

It has been noticed a few times this season that Millwall seem to struggle for 10-15 minutes after conceding a goal to regather their composure. If you think back to the Ipswich game at the end of November, the Tractor Boys found two goals in seven minutes. You also saw in the recent home game against Preston that after their equaliser, they took control of the contest, something that Edwards is very concerned about and that he and his staff are working hard to alleviate it.”
Here’s JE’s take: https://southwarknews.co.uk/sport/football/millwall/edwards-leads-coventry-narrative/