Team v Sky Blues

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game against a side who are in form and on a roll. Eleven points above us and scoring goals for fun. We have spells where we look good and a threat and other times we look poor like the first half last week. We really do have to start well and sustain our good play for 90 minutes and start to believe that we can play our way out of the poor spell. Joe is quick to say that we lack consistency but we do have to have our best players in the side who are going to sweat blood for the cause. I was really hoping the Hutch would be back for this one but he has had a setback in his recovery from his calf strain and is out for a bit longer. He is a real leader and we need leaders on the pitch if we are to play our way out of the spell.
Shark is bound to wear the gloves despite not recovering quick enough last week when a good shot came back off the bar. There was some debate last week about BNC having a shocker but I am sure that Joe will still start him as RWB. Similar debate about Wes and unless Joe takes a chance and starts Leonard or moves Murray to CB then Wes will start alongside Tango and Cooper with Joe at LWB.
Midfield is always a debate and we need to see more from Sav and Casper or Honeyman will step in to displace Sav. Tom will lead the line alongside an improved Flem and a debut for Mayor who has pace, a decent shot and is not afraid to stick his foot in and get a yellow.

My thoughts are,

Shark
BNC Tango Wes Cooper Joe
Casper Sav
Flem Tom Mayor

Subs Bart Danny Leonard Murray Esse Billy Campbell Watmore Oba

Sarkic
Danny, Harding, Cooper, Dora
Tanganga, Casper, Honeyman, Mayor
I'm Afobe or Tom ,Fleming
Depending on how fit Oba and Tom are as to which one starts then gets tugged off.
Want Leonard in but wouldn't risk him from the off.

A tough game against a side who are in form and on a roll. Eleven points above us and scoring goals for fun. We have spells where we look good and a threat and other times we look poor like the first half last week. We really do have to start well and sustain our good play for 90 minutes and start to believe that we can play our way out of the poor spell. Joe is quick to say that we lack consistency but we do have to have our best players in the side who are going to sweat blood for the cause. I was really hoping the Hutch would be back for this one but he has had a setback in his recovery from his calf strain and is out for a bit longer. He is a real leader and we need leaders on the pitch if we are to play our way out of the spell.
Shark is bound to wear the gloves despite not recovering quick enough last week when a good shot came back off the bar. There was some debate last week about BNC having a shocker but I am sure that Joe will still start him as RWB. Similar debate about Wes and unless Joe takes a chance and starts Leonard or moves Murray to CB then Wes will start alongside Tango and Cooper with Joe at LWB.
Midfield is always a debate and we need to see more from Sav and Casper or Honeyman will step in to displace Sav. Tom will lead the line alongside an improved Flem and a debut for Mayor who has pace, a decent shot and is not afraid to stick his foot in and get a yellow.

My thoughts are,

Shark
BNC Tango Wes Cooper Joe
Casper Sav
Flem Tom Mayor

Subs Bart Danny Leonard Murray Esse Billy Campbell Watmore Oba
Sorry, can't agree. We will get mullered in midfield without ball winners. Honey man should start ahead of CDN, and the much maligned Billy Mitchell for Sav to start. Also no point in loaning Prem players if they don't start, Mayor may have to wait. All about opinions.., and outcomes.

Also no point in loaning Prem players if they don't start,
Was thinking about this earlier. I think i'd prefer Millwall players being selected given our current plight. We're in a dog fight and relying on players with no experience and even less loyalty to the club to dig us out of a hole. Saying that we have fans that would rather us go down playing nice football than stay up playing effective football. The mind boggles

:slap:

Was thinking about this earlier. I think i'd prefer Millwall players being selected given our current plight. We're in a dog fight and relying on players with no experience and even less loyalty to the club to dig us out of a hole. Saying that we have fans that would rather us go down playing nice football than stay up playing effective football. The mind boggles

:slap:
Particularly loan players who are a bit suspect or clearly unfit!

I hope Edwards will throw Mayor in from the start, as the boy is definitely match fit and we desperately need an outlet down that left side.

We’re becoming far too predictable, even from kick off, when the ball is passed to Cooper from the centre spot, only for him to then bang one long over to Cuffy to get an attack going down that right side.

Maybe Mayor down the left and whipping in crosses from the byline will give the Coventry defenders something to think about?

or clearly unfit!
Well yes. Fuck knows how long it takes to get these lads that haven't played much football up to match fitness. Although we may benefit later from them being a lot fresher than those that have played all season. Then there's the question of trying to intergrate these players quickly and hope they can adapt whilst players drilled to play basic stuff are being asked to adapt to a new style.

Save Leonard for the last game of the season, that way we may be able to keep him fit. Great when he does play but never too far away from another injury. I agree with the above its about whos up for the scrap now, we will see over these next couple of months

I hope Edwards will throw Mayor in from the start, as the boy is definitely match fit and we desperately need an outlet down that left side.

We’re becoming far too predictable, even from kick off, when the ball is passed to Cooper from the centre spot, only for him to then bang one long over to Cuffy to get an attack going down that right side.

Maybe Mayor down the left and whipping in crosses from the byline will give the Coventry defenders something to think about?
I think toms forte is getting on the end of crosses, not creating goals for himself. So nice whipped in crosses would Suit him.

Bart

Danny Tanga Cooper Bryan

BNC Honeyman Casper Mayor

Bradshaw Flemming

442, back to basics, get enough points to stay up then start the revolution!
I think the approach, as of now, is more evolution than revolution. Things are not changing overnight.