Team v Preston

Really need a win tomorrow. Looking forward to it. I’m a weirdo but I quite like the meaningless nature of this season. Feels like we are regrouping

Last edited:
After last week’s abject defeat in West London I can confidently predict that there will be changes. There are very few of the starting eleven who could hold their heads up with any conviction. However we do not have a squad the size of Man City or Chelsea so JE will have been watching carefully at Calmont Road to see who looks up for it. He will also been weighing up in his mind who needs a sharp kick up the rear and who needs an arm around the shoulder. Like it or not many of those who played last week will be starting this week but we all hope that they will play with more energy and skill. As JE said after the defeat….we are better than that! Saturday is the day to prove it. Preston are six points and six places above us so not that much better than we are.
I don’t think that JE will punish Shark for spilling the shot which led to their second goal so I think he will start. Danny played OK last week and he and Cooper did apologise for the team’s poor display so I think he will retain his place. Depending on Tan’s training this week he could start on Saturday. I thought that Wes and Cooper played OK but we lost so maybe JE wants a fresh look to the back four. My mate, who was at QPR said that Joe did not look interested at LB and he did get hauled off to be replaced by Murray so that could lead to a change at LB.

Midfield must have changes and surely Sav and Casper should replace Billy and Honeyman. BNC should start wide right with maybe Longman replacing a largely ineffective Watmore on the left. The big question is whether Oba starts or is on the bench. He is an energetic livewire but he has only played twice this season so maybe he starts on the bench and comes on with 20 to go and is an impact sub. If that is the case the Flem will probably start with clear instructions to go for it from the start. The same could be said for Rab who was poor last week. He has got to play better.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

Subs Bart Tan Joe Billy Esse Campbell Watmore Honeyman Oba
What a bench

Got a 10 pound bet with my nephew on who comes highest in the league took 20 pounds off him last year so need to win today coyl