Team v Preston

silverlion

Staff member
After last week’s abject defeat in West London I can confidently predict that there will be changes. There are very few of the starting eleven who could hold their heads up with any conviction. However we do not have a squad the size of Man City or Chelsea so JE will have been watching carefully at Calmont Road to see who looks up for it. He will also been weighing up in his mind who needs a sharp kick up the rear and who needs an arm around the shoulder. Like it or not many of those who played last week will be starting this week but we all hope that they will play with more energy and skill. As JE said after the defeat….we are better than that! Saturday is the day to prove it. Preston are six points and six places above us so not that much better than we are.
I don’t think that JE will punish Shark for spilling the shot which led to their second goal so I think he will start. Danny played OK last week and he and Cooper did apologise for the team’s poor display so I think he will retain his place. Depending on Tan’s training this week he could start on Saturday. I thought that Wes and Cooper played OK but we lost so maybe JE wants a fresh look to the back four. My mate, who was at QPR said that Joe did not look interested at LB and he did get hauled off to be replaced by Murray so that could lead to a change at LB.

Midfield must have changes and surely Sav and Casper should replace Billy and Honeyman. BNC should start wide right with maybe Longman replacing a largely ineffective Watmore on the left. The big question is whether Oba starts or is on the bench. He is an energetic livewire but he has only played twice this season so maybe he starts on the bench and comes on with 20 to go and is an impact sub. If that is the case the Flem will probably start with clear instructions to go for it from the start. The same could be said for Rab who was poor last week. He has got to play better.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

Subs Bart Tan Joe Billy Esse Campbell Watmore Honeyman Oba

After last week’s abject defeat in West London I can confidently predict that there will be changes. There are very few of the starting eleven who could hold their heads up with any conviction. However we do not have a squad the size of Man City or Chelsea so JE will have been watching carefully at Calmont Road to see who looks up for it. He will also been weighing up in his mind who needs a sharp kick up the rear and who needs an arm around the shoulder. Like it or not many of those who played last week will be starting this week but we all hope that they will play with more energy and skill. As JE said after the defeat….we are better than that! Saturday is the day to prove it. Preston are six points and six places above us so not that much better than we are.
I don’t think that JE will punish Shark for spilling the shot which led to their second goal so I think he will start. Danny played OK last week and he and Cooper did apologise for the team’s poor display so I think he will retain his place. Depending on Tan’s training this week he could start on Saturday. I thought that Wes and Cooper played OK but we lost so maybe JE wants a fresh look to the back four. My mate, who was at QPR said that Joe did not look interested at LB and he did get hauled off to be replaced by Murray so that could lead to a change at LB.

Midfield must have changes and surely Sav and Casper should replace Billy and Honeyman. BNC should start wide right with maybe Longman replacing a largely ineffective Watmore on the left. The big question is whether Oba starts or is on the bench. He is an energetic livewire but he has only played twice this season so maybe he starts on the bench and comes on with 20 to go and is an impact sub. If that is the case the Flem will probably start with clear instructions to go for it from the start. The same could be said for Rab who was poor last week. He has got to play better.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

Surprised if honey is dropped, been a shining light for us recently. Casper only played about 20 mins in couple of months. Joe is a left back so he could well start, experienced and scores too, although off last week, same as most. I think obafemi will replace Duncan obviously if he is fit, speedsters tend to pull hamstrings when not match fit. Not sure what his defending is like but could do with him staying up at their corners, give him licence to do what he wants. I’d drop flemming too if obafemi plays can’t have 2 luxury players. Japh I assume will start, which hopefully boosts the team knowing they have 2 premier players helping them out. Think the den will be buzzing

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

Longman is not at his best on the left. We all saw how effective he was playing on the right v Boro.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

Cannot believe you have selected Fleming to start again, Honeyman may not be the best but always gives 110% which is about 100% more then Fleming of late, the man,s not interested and is turning into a 1season wonder , good players sstep up when the going gets tougu but manage s to hide for almost 90 minutes, in our position cannot afford luxury under performing playersI

After last week’s abject defeat in West London I can confidently predict that there will be changes. There are very few of theJ starting eleven who could hold their heads up with any conviction. However we do not have a squad the size of Man City or Chelsea so JE will have been watching carefully at Calmont Road to see who looks up for it. He will also been weighing up in his mind who needs a sharp kick up the rear and who needs an arm around the shoulder. Like it or not many of those who played last week will be starting this week but we all hope that they will play with more energy and skill. As JE said after the defeat….we are better than that! Saturday is the day to prove it. Preston are six points and six places above us so not that much better than we are.

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

My thoughts are,

Shark
Danny Wes Cooper Murray
BNC Casper Sav Longman
Flem
Rab

Cannot believe you have selected fleming to start again ,Homeyman maynot ne the best but always gives 110% which is about 100 more then him, he is a luxury we can no longer afford in our position hoping he might do something ,turning fast into a 1season wonder, Rab will struggle without the service as roadshow did, Preston are a very good team and a point on Saturday will be great

Can't see him switching to a back 4 so.
Sarkic
Cuffy, Danny, Tango, Cooper, Wallace
De Norre, Savile
Honeyman
Nesbit, Watmore

If he does surprise me and go with a 4
Sarkic
Danny Tango, Cooper, Wallace
De Norre Savile
Longman, Honeyman, Watmore
Nesbit

Still prefer Bart over Sarkic but can't see it happening
Bryan don't convince me at all.
Prefer Honeyman in the 10 to Flemming
Nesbit is all we have until Obafemi is ready

Sarkic
Tanganga, Wes ,Cooper, Wallace
Longman,De Norre, Saville ,Honeyman
Nisbet, I'm Afobe or Flemming

Shark
BNC Wes Cooper Wallace
Longman Casper Sav Honnyman
Nesbit Flemming
Subs Bart Tang Danny OB1 Bryan Watmore Billy

I’m sorry but Watmore is absolutely pony.

A good game every so often is not good enough. Runs with his head down, frustrating player.
Agree, thought Watmore was the only other fit striker we had available but just remembered we’ve signed Obafemi.

Also forgot we now have Tanganga, so revised lineup:

Sarkic
Danny, Tanganga, Cooper, Bryan
BNC, Honeyman, Saville
De Norre
Nisbet, Obafemi

JE interview, expect I'm Afobe to be on the bench. Not long back from injury and Burnley had a 10 day winter break afterwards so wise not to risk him from the off.

Sarkic
BNC Danny Tan Cooper Bryan
Honeyman Sav
Flem
Oba Nisbet

Subs. Bart Harding Murray Casper Billy Watmore Esse

Members online