Team v Burnley

Maybe old school 4-4-2
Bart
Danny. Cooper. Hutch. Muzza

Flemming. Saville. Honeyman. Burey

Voggy. Bradshaw

Too basic for the modern game, but play in lines like Reading did against us on Saturday and sneak a goal on a counter maybe.

I'm very apprehensive about this game. We cannot afford any stupid mistakes, be extremely disciplined and stay in the game. I'd take a 0-0 right now.

I've just tried to pick a team but apart from Voglsammer, Burey and Flemming up top, Evans, Saville and Mitchell in centre mid and Hutch at the back, I can't decide the rest. Malone, Cooper, Cresswell, Shackleton, and even Danny have not been great. It's going to be very difficult. Rowett has his work cut out.

Ok, fuck it. I'd go 4-3-3, pack the midfield, stay in shape and try and hit them on the break. Danny and Murray to stay back at all times unless there's a break on. When we don't have the ball try and drop into a midfield five and make them try and play through us. When we do have it, give it to Flemming and let Burey find the space on the sides and use his pace when their full-backs attack.

With the ball:

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Evans Mitchell
Flemming Saville
Burey Voglsammer

Without it:

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray
Burey Evans Mitchell Saville Flemming
Voglsammer

After much searching online yesterday to find out how to follow tonight’s game I discovered last night that it is on MTV for £10. Hence, I shall watch it and write a Just Back afterwards.

Take out Cooper and put Honeyman or Mitchell in (Leonard would be ideal, but we cannot wait for him) and you have a team there, I doubt he will, but if he doesnt any team will get behind Saville and Shackleton, and are at our back for. The five at the back, also hampers us going forward, as if we commit, there is nothing between the 18 yard line and our non too fast Cooper and Hutchison. You saw this Saturday when they had the second one on one which they should have done better from. So 5 effectively leaves us open . Yes if you have better wing backs it can work.