Team v Burnley

silverlion

Staff member
A tough game with a long journey beforehand which could put us on the back foot from the start. However, we have much to prove following a lacklustre performance on Saturday. It is clearly taking us time to formulate a new system of play without Jed and also to get our new signings to adapt to our way of playing. It will take time but a good time to start would be tomorrow against the Clarets. They will be confident following their demolition of the Latics on Saturday but sometimes that can work against you as you think that you only have to pull your shirts on, run out onto the pitch and we will roll over and let you win. That is just not what we do and if they think we will be a soft target then they are in for a shock. I can confidently predict changes as there were some who were just not up to the mark.

One of them is not Bart who should wear the gloves. He could do little to stop the goal he conceded but the save he made from Hendrick in the second half was top drawer. Danny did not play his best game with a really wayward pass in the second half but he did hit the bar too. Leonard is crocked so does not offer an alternative but Shack could play there if needed. Danny either needs a friendly arm around the shoulder or a kick up the rear but, whatever, I think he will start. I think the same about Hutch who offers leadership on the field. Cooper could have been concussed in the second half following a clash in our box so maybe there is a doubt there. Cresswell is ready and waiting. Murray was caught out a little with their goal but I still think he will start. Molly is a question in doubt on here but I am not sure whether Topalloj could slot in yet. It is a tough call.

Billy should return to give us more energy and determination in the middle and I thought that Sav had a reasonable game. Honeyman was muscled out so does he make way for Flem as a ten? It could happen. Shack was busy but not really effective so maybe he might drop,to the bench.

Benik has his doubters on here so maybe he should start on the bench too. Bradshaw ran hard and was very disappointed to be withdrawn so maybe he should start. Vogi should definitely start to give us a target with energy down the middle.

My thoughts are,

Bart
Danny Hutch Cooper Murray Molly
Billy Sav
Flem
Bradshaw Vogi

Subs Long Cresswell Shack Honeyman Evans Burey Benik

Might be a bit controversial but I thought Evans done well on Saturday when he came on. He seemed to give us a bit of presence in the midfield and is much stronger physically than either the lightweight Shackleton or Honeyman.

I don’t get why he gets so much stick from some fans, I’ve seen certain players play much worse than him and not get anywhere near as much stick.

I'd like to see Cresswell return at centre defence and push muzza out to wide left, drop molly.

Bart
Mac, Cresswell, Hutch, Cooper, Muzza
Mitchell, Saville
Honeyman
Dutch, German

Might be a bit controversial but I thought Evans done well on Saturday when he came on. He seemed to give us a bit of presence in the midfield and is much stronger physically than either the lightweight Shackleton or Honeyman.

I don’t get why he gets so much stick from some fans, I’ve seen certain players play much worse than him and not get anywhere near as much stick.
Evans had more drive about him than pretty much every other player. Not his biggest fan, but credit where it's due

Bart nailed on,but his distribution is woeful. Needs to improve his kicking. I would lose Cooper, for Cresswell, sure he made a few screw ups, but he can
kick with both feet and pick a pass.
Malone has to be benched..
I'd bring back Mitchell gives us endeavour right up to the last minute
Lose afobe and start with Bradshaw and Volkswagen..
My team
Bart, Danny, Cresswell, Hutch, Wallace
Honeyman, Mitchell, Savile, Fleming in the hole, with Bradshaw, Voklslsmmer
Not a chance but think that's our best 11 at the moment

And before anyone asks, I'd bring Burey on later as the impact sub, he doesn't stick his foot in which we will need against Burnley in the first half

Cooper n malone need to know they are not guaranteed places- now
All of the players need to know they are not guaranteed a starting place!

One of the problems last season seemed to be that when some subs came on, they rarely played better than those they replaced!** This season seems to be the opposite! New players like Vogi and Flemming are sitting on the bench, but when they come on, we look a better side!

The worry is, if they get a start but have an off game, their replacement subs will probably be technically worse than them, thereby weakening the team instead of improving it!

** Evans on Saturday being the exception - he looked like he had a point to prove (as all on coming subs should be!)

Thought that as well re Evans.
Bart
Danny, Hutch, Wallace
Shackleton, Saville, Evans, Burey
Flemming
Bradshaw, Vogl

What is the obsession with five at the back, wing backs? It just doesn’t work and deprives
Us of anything up top. Flat back four and play Burley our wide.

Bart, Shackleton, Cresswell, Hutch, Wallace, Topalloj, Honeyman, Saville, Flemming, Vogl, Bradshaw or Burey.

No idea how good Topalloj is but Malone (or Wallace) haven't offered much this season at LB/ LWB.
@ParisWall rates Topalloj, dunno if anyone has noticed ?

Time for Malone to be dropped IMO, done fuck all since he has had he's new contract.

Don't mind what team we play so long as Afo be and Malone don't start.
We need to pack the midfield to disrupt their prem. Passing game, and make them play round us by not having our wing backs hugging the touch line.
3-5-2 with pace up front. This game is tailor-made for plan A from GR.

From what I saw on Saturday don't fancy us one bit, to predictable to other teams and dead slow in all departments. Had done my football bet before the game and actually backed reading on pure analysis of their last two games of dispatching good teams.

Bart
Danny Mac. Cresswell Hutchinson Wallace

Saville Evans Mitchell

Flemming
Vlogslammer Bradshaw

Staff online

Members online