Team for Friday

Get the defenders whoever plays to stop hitting long balls up to our attackers none of whom will win the headers.. GR to remind the players that Matt Smith is no longer with us.

Interview with GR on NAD on Vogi suggests that he will be on the bench ready to make an impact when he comes on rather than start on Friday.

Hopefully not 5 at the back, as I think that just invites trouble, and probably means 4 in the middle and just Afobe up on his own which doesn't suit.
Bart
Danny, Hutch, Cooper
Shackleton, Leonard, Honeyman, Saville, Molly
Benik, Burey. 352
Or
Bart
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Topol
Leonard, Honeyman, Saville, Molly
Benik, Burey.

Vogl given at least 30, 35 minutes ti have an impact. Would like him to start but may not be 'match fit'. Can't think of many if any of our chaps who would have thought of of doing what he did with virtually his first touch.
Lookong forward to seeing a lot more of him and Fleming, when fit.
And not in an Ulster type way.
Despite Murray and his shoulder barge I think he needs a break, can you imagine if Vogl had shoulderd the taffy, they'd still be looking for him in the Bristol channel.

According to Rich Cawley in conversation with GR Vogi will have a couple of games as an impact sub from the bench and then might make the starting line up after that. Good news regarding Bradshaw and Flem. Both took part in some of the training today and could be on the bench for a cameo appearance if needed tomorrow

Rumour in the car park is Rowett is considering playing 6 at the back, after Swansea, he doesn't want to be as attacking and let another first minute goal in

Bart
McNamara Creswell Hutch Cooper Wallace
Leonard Honeyman Shackleton
Afobe Burey

Seeing as I'm finally going to a game I can join in.
I think we need Wallace on the left for his defending and 3 midfielders to constantly be at them seeing as we won't have much of the ball.
They havn't a fully fit LB so that might suit us attacking down the right more.
Heart says 1-0 but head don't, I just hope this is a game that kick starts their season.

Pukki a doubt, but as he didn't play midweek when they won, don't know if that's a good thing or not.
Anyway fuck im, COYL

I just want Rowett to play a consistent solid back four (McNamara, Hutch, Coops, Wallace). Like the old Arsenal one, it’s the sum of the parts that counts and that comes from familiarity knowing what each of you will do in certain situations makes the job easier. Hutch and Cooper compliment each other.
Rowett can do all his tinkering further up the pitch. I’ve given up on him ever using a 4-4-2.

I reckon Murray will start in place of Cooper and Malone will play. Apart from that I think your team is spot-on @silverlion. Malone is incredibly frustrating at times, some of his shots, passes and crosses are sloppy, ill-timed and directionless. But in the 97th minute he put in that cross with his wrong foot for the leveller.

We are going to have to be very disciplined, to stay in shape and make no mistakes. The longer we keep it 0-0, the more frustrated the crowd will get. I would take a point right now.
Cooper out as teams are now focused on him as a weak link in defence.

NAD’s take on the team.

Białkowski; McNamara, Leonard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Honeyman, Saville; Burey; Afobe, Voglsammer

No Billy and Vogi to start?

NAD’s take on the team.

Białkowski; McNamara, Leonard, Hutchinson, Cooper, Malone; Honeyman, Saville; Burey; Afobe, Voglsammer

No Billy and Vogi to start?

Cooper instead of Wallace in a game where we will need to be completely mistake-free is asking for trouble. I don't see the logic in playing Burey as a No.10, where the midfield is crowded and there is little room for him to exploit. He is superb playing slightly wider, isolating the defenders using his pace and cutting inside. I also don't understand why we'd go with only two central midfielders, when they will have three and dominate the ball. Doing that will mean they will outnumber us and make it even harder for us to win the ball back.

I'd play Billy, Saville and Honeyman as a midfield three and Tyler and Voglsammer up top.

I just want Rowett to play a consistent solid back four (McNamara, Hutch, Coops, Wallace). Like the old Arsenal one, it’s the sum of the parts that counts and that comes from familiarity knowing what each of you will do in certain situations makes the job easier. Hutch and Cooper compliment each other.
Rowett can do all his tinkering further up the pitch. I’ve given up on him ever using a 4-4-2.
Good point.