Team for Friday

There second goal was very poor on our part, Honeyman just let their player cruise through unchallenged. Early days and i trust Rowett will know our short comings and sort them. Flemming coming back will hopefully take the pressure off our defence and give us more time on the ball and further up the pitch.
this was the same last season thou , we don't want to put a tackle in allowing them to get nearer our box then it's all hands to the pump, the midfield is not or does not move as a unit just individuals.....Will flemming change this ? it's a big ask

Our midfield were non existent last night as a unit and Swansea just cruised and passed them by all game ....we don't put a tackle in till the p!aged gets near enough in our penalty box allowing countless shots to rain down ,, need to push higher and try and close them down
Swansea were playing neat quick one two's and triangles all game which should have been addressed by the players or GR at some point..

There second goal was very poor on our part, Honeyman just let their player cruise through unchallenged. Early days and i trust Rowett will know our short comings and sort them. Flemming coming back will hopefully take the pressure off our defence and give us more time on the ball and further up the pitch.
I agree Peckham and it seems Honeyman is more circumspect since his red. Mind you three defenders around Obafemi and they just watched him without putting a foot in. Obviously mesmerised by his swivel! 😂

There seems little point in starting a whole new team thread so I’ll just tag my thoughts onto this thread.
This will not be easy and we shall need all that we have got and more to get something out of this one. According to Fat Dan we have not beaten this mob at their place for 65 years so things are well overdue for a change in fortune at Carrow Road They have turned the corner with a midweek win over the Terriers but we have much to be pleased about after taking four points from the last two games. Don’t shout this too loudly but a win would put us top! I‘ve taken off the rose tinted spectacles to gave a realistic view of the game.
I can confidently predict changes and I am sure that GR has been hammering on at them all about making a positive start. Central to that thought must be the reinstatement of Hutch. The lad has been a driving force in our defence for many seasons and his return would be very welcome. Norwich have been laughing their heads off watching the starts of the last two games and working out that if they get at us early we will crumple like a pack of cards. I am hoping that won’t be the case with Hutch back in the team.
Bart should wear the gloves as he adds stability in the defence. Likewise Danny starts on the right and the aforementioned Hutch should be in the back three. The first big question is who should be the other two in the back three. Leonard gave himself every chance of being one of them with his late tackle on Obafemi on Tuesday. If he is nailed on then probably Cooper should be the third as he plays better with Hutch at his side. The next question is whether Murray or Molly slots in on the left. It’s a tough call.
Billy was pulled off at Swansea so does that put his starting position in doubt? Or was it just tactical to give Vogi a game? For me he is a starter. Likewise Honeyman in a ten role with Sav playing alongside Billy.
There are many on here who wouldn’t give Benik a start but I think he should play and Burey should be his partner and use the big German as an impact sub.

My thoughts are

Bart
Danny Leonard Hutch Cooper Murray
Billy Sav
Honeyman
Benik Burey

Subs Long Cresswell Molly Shack Evans Olaofe Vogi

Think Murray is carrying a knock, was doubtful for Cov but played. Why we are supposed to be after a LB. Would give him a break friday.
Bart
Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Topol
Leonard, Honeyman, Saville, Burey
Afobe, Vogl

Murray (fairly) shoulder charged one of their players into the next earthly dimension when we were 2-0 down and is included for this reason alone.

I reckon Murray will start in place of Cooper and Malone will play. Apart from that I think your team is spot-on @silverlion. Malone is incredibly frustrating at times, some of his shots, passes and crosses are sloppy, ill-timed and directionless. But in the 97th minute he put in that cross with his wrong foot for the leveller.

We are going to have to be very disciplined, to stay in shape and make no mistakes. The longer we keep it 0-0, the more frustrated the crowd will get. I would take a point right now.

According to Fat Dan we have not beaten this mob at their place for 65 years
We last won there in 1968. Posse and Weller with a brace saw us win 3-0. We completed the double over them at the Den later in the season, coming from a goal down Posse, Dunphy and Kitch helped us to a 3-1 victory. Dans got a bit of form when it comes to adding and subtracting. No research either, not his strongest points!

:slap:

Last edited:
Reactions: Owl