Style of Play

No point in wingers as Afobe & Bradshaw cannot get on the high ball in anyway. Those 2 should run the channels and leave Vlog to lead the attack.
Don’t have to be high balls into the box just quality, the six fingered ones scored from a decent cross yesterday as did others.
Plus, corners are just floated into the box, none are hit in or out swinging with pace.
Don't get me started on our free kicks, no imagination.

It was noticable that when the ball was fed out to Cooper Reading midfeilders moved to the wings. This left a large space in the middle of the pitch that I would expect Cooper to move forward into. Instead the obvious ball was played out wide into a congested area. This happened at least four times. Taking the ball forward 10 yards would have bypassed the Reading mid fild and allowed through balls to Brads and ben.......God knows why ben stayed on and brads got subbed.

Last edited:
It was noticable that when the ball was feed out to Cooper Reading midfeilders moved to the wings. This left a large space in the middle of the pitch that I would expect Cooper to move forward into. Instead the obvious ball was played out wide into a congested area. This happened at least four times. Taking the ball forward 10 yards would have bypassed the Reading mid fild and allowed through balls to Brads and ben.......God knows why ben stayed on and brads got subbed.
We’ve no threat through the middle which means invariably the ball is played to Danny or Malone wide on their respective touch lines,

Opposing managers have sussed this out and close down the wide space leaving Danny and Malone with little option but to play the ball back to the back 3 who, more often than not, launch it forward.

I understand why Malone gets stick on this forum but it’s very rare his receives a pass in a position where he can be a threat 🤷‍♂️

Until we become a threat through the middle I fear it will continue to be more of the same 🤦‍♂️

We said the same , it's so easy to nullify us. Stop the wide men getting space to go forward and let Cooper have the ball as much as he wants. He won't keep coming with it and draw the opposition in creating space . He'll pass it sideways a few times then backwards then hit a long ball. I'm sure we all did it when playing, Let the centre half have it, he won't do nothing with it.

We’ve no threat through the middle which means invariably the ball is played to Danny or Malone wide on their respective touch lines,

Opposing managers have sussed this out and close down the wide space leaving Danny and Malone with little option but to play the ball back to the back 3 who, more often than not, launch it forward.

I understand why Malone gets stick on this forum but it’s very rare his receives a pass in a position where he can be a threat 🤷‍♂️

Until we become a threat through the middle I fear it will continue to be more of the same 🤦‍♂️
Malone does have very poor positioning though throughout games. Seen far too often that he's standing completely off the pitch waiting for the ball to be played to him. Really doesn't seem to be a tactic working in his favour.

Reactions: Owl

The YouTube video of Fleming showed a lot of his goals coming after he had made forceful runs through the middle. Hopefully, he can do the same for us.