Strange coincidence about Brum's goal scorer today.

BigPaul

During today's match I was chatting with our erstwhile correspondent, AKA Whiskylion.
He sends his regards to everyone on here, as he is apparently still unable to log on.

I reproduce below the message he sent me just after Stansfield scored for Brum today...

"Like father, like son.
He's the son of the late lower league striker, Adam Stansfield.
I was at Exeter that stormy night in 2009 when he (Stansfield) crossed the ball from about 40 yards out.
The ball bent like a boomerang in the gale and beat Fordey all ends up for the freakiest late equalizer you'll ever see.
Made it 1-1, the final score.
It was one of the last goals he was ever to score. Adam died from cancer 8 or 9 months later, I think. Tragic."

The coincidences mount after that. I told Jim that Exeter was my Dad's team and I was born there.
He then told me that he has in his programme collection the programme from Exeter's first ever professional game.
The opponents that day? Millwall, of course.
Funny old life, innit?

During today's match I was chatting with our erstwhile correspondent, AKA Whiskylion.
He sends his regards to everyone on here, as he is apparently still unable to log on.

I reproduce below the message he sent me just after Stansfield scored for Brum today...

"Like father, like son.
I was at Exeter that stormy night in 2009 when he (Stansfield) crossed the ball from about 40 yards out.
The ball bent like a boomerang in the gale and beat Fordey all ends up for the freakiest late equalizer you'll ever see.
It was one of the last goals he was ever to score. Adam died from cancer 8 or 9 months later, I think. Tragic."

The coincidences mount after that. I told Jim that Exeter was my Dad's team and I was born there.
He then told me that he has in his programme collection the programme from Exeter's first ever professional game.
Funny old life, innit?
Pass on my regards to my old sparring partner please mate. It's Whiskey that helped turn me into a complete statwanker. It's bloody addictive once you start digging. Well 8 times out of 10 it is

:sorry:

There's a geezer on HOF looking to sell a healthy collection of wall programs for a very reasonable price. If Jim is interested i can pass on the details.

There's a geezer on HOF looking to sell a healthy collection of wall programs for a very reasonable price. If Jim is interested i can pass on the details.
Jim says he would be interested to know what is in the collection. If you PM me the detail, I'll pass them on.

Jim says he would be interested to know what is in the collection. If you PM me the detail, I'll pass them on.

Ask him if he's still interested in completing his collection with the match programme against The Locos.

£1,000 + VAT

:thumbup:

Merci mon pote

IMG_1310.JPG

Last edited:

"Like father, like son.

Funny old life, innit?
It is a small world BP but I wouldn’t want to paint it.

He says it seems way too cheap. He's suspicious it's a forgery.

I bought in good faith from Phil McCavity, Chaiman of Inverurie Locomotive Works Football Club 1965-66 - comes with full Provenance and ticket stub.

If he's not interested, then it will be sold online by Charlie Hanson at the end of the month.

Talking about programmes, you reckon there is still a lot of Ferencvaros at home been kept. Sure it will be worth a few bob in years to come.

I bought in good faith from Phil McCavity, Chaiman of Inverurie Locomotive Works Football Club 1965-66 - comes with full Provenance and ticket stub.

If he's not interested, then it will be sold online by Charlie Hanson at the end of the month.

Whisky wishes you all the very best for the sale. Furthermore, he says that if you get more than a tenner for it he will skateboard naked from his home to yours to congratulate you in person.

This Phil McCavity, is he Ben Doon's mate.?