Stoke City V Wall match thread

When Emakhu was in on goal for that chance, let's not forget that the keeper closed him down and narrowed his target. So not such a bad miss but a good save.
Disagree mate. A poor finish from a raw kid. A more accomplished forward would have chipped the keeper or took it round him.

When Emakhu was in on goal for that chance, let's not forget that the keeper closed him down and narrowed his target. So not such a bad miss but a good save.
Easy to criticise I know especially with his youth and inexperience, but my Nan would have gone round the keeper and tapped it into an empty net. Can anyone remember the last time one of our players went round the keeper and scored. Pete expect you to know.

Easy to criticise I know especially with his youth and inexperience, but my Nan would have gone round the keeper and tapped it into an empty net. Can anyone remember the last time one of our players went round the keeper and scored. Pete expect you to know.
Your last but one sentence tells you all you need to know about the quality of service in the team Mark.

For all their attempts they didn’t really have any good chances. The best chance fell to us in the last minute.
I didn't realise they had so many foreigners at the club, some agent has really conned them. One of them embarrassed himself just before half time, holding his face for ages waiting for the ref to allow his mum to come on and how many of them were wearing gloves?

Exactly mate! 👍

I won't criticise him though as he did more in his short time on the pitch than some of the more senior players.
This. He scares oppo defenders with his pace. Get him on for last 20mins, the boy is a threat, if he can hone his finishing then all the better. The fact he was started in a game gives me more concern than not being given a regular start from the bench with a bit of time to make an impact.

After all the slagging Sarkic has had he deserves praise for his performance yesterday just balance things up. 😉 Notice how he catches shots and is very coming out and collecting corners and free kicks. Bart would have parried away most of those shots.

He is literally the only player on the pitch who is quick enough to make the chance out of absolutely nothing, we are ponderous all over the pitch, most of our players look like they are towing a caravan!!!
JE has to balance Emakhu’s ability to create and worry opponents against his poor defensive work and finishing (I’ve now seen him shoot wide from a 1v1, yesterday’s effort and side foot wide of an open goal (in the Development Final).

Tough one 🤔

The thing that disappoints me most about yesterday is that Joe seemed to be more than happy to accept a 0-0, even as early as half time.
That can be the only explanation for not making attacking changes at HT.
Schumacher did, and whilst they didn't score, the subs injected some pace into their play.
I can't help thinking that game was there for the taking at HT if only Joe had really wanted it.
His reluctance to make a change at HT says to me he preferred not to lose to going for the win.
Oh well, it is where we are.

What was telling yesterday was that our game against Stoke was the only game in all four divisions (PL, Championship, leagues 1 & 2) that ended goal less!

Schumacher showed that by making the right subs, 8 minutes into the 2nd half, you can change a football match to your advantage.
I must have missed Stokes goals when their perfectly timed subs came on. Any good? who scored for them?

:bounce:

Yes, Emakhu could have won the game in the dying seconds, but bringing on a player with 5 minutes left is asking a lot. Had he been on earlier, he might have done better!
Playing in the equivalent of a pub league in Ireland and for much longer than five minutes per game saw the grand total of one goal in 21 games. But it's good to see you're practicing what you preach and beiung patient and having faith in the managers decisions :clap: :clap: