Steve Morison

A great servant to our club and we would not be where we are now without his goal at Wembley. He played his heart out for us and scored some great goals along the way. However, I am not sure he has the right man management skills to be a manager. He can be very abrasive when things don’t go his way and I think that alone precipitated his downfall at Cardiff. That was a while ago now and nobody in the EFL has been tempted to offer him a way back into the league. Whether this appointment could be a pathway back to league management is anybody’s guess. I wish him the very best in this new endeavour.

Great players don't always make great managers, look at Harris, even Bobby Charlton failed at Preston

Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard etc... I have the theory that good players make shit managers because they wernt tactically managed themselves. They were told just to go out and play, where as players with limited skill had to make up for their faults through tactical awareness. They know how to read a game better because of it.

Hornchurch are playing a Friendly at Barking on 8th July. Literally a 2 minute walk at the end my road. Might have to pay a visit.

Hornchurch only up the road from me might have to give them a visit. I watched the video of their chairman talking about getting Steve and he kept going on about the Millwall connection, anyone know what that’s about?

He pretty much summed up the Blackburn result:

“Once the tide turned you are looking for someone to get hold of it – for someone to be a knobhead. I know it sounds stupid – but for someone to just go and kill the game. Lie on the floor for a bit or do something that calmed everything down. If you look at that squad there was no-one that was really going to do that – everyone just carried on and it got more and more like a basketball game.

“Blackburn probably had players who were slightly more athletic in those moments which took the game away from them.

He pretty much summed up the Blackburn result:

“Once the tide turned you are looking for someone to get hold of it – for someone to be a knobhead. I know it sounds stupid – but for someone to just go and kill the game. Lie on the floor for a bit or do something that calmed everything down. If you look at that squad there was no-one that was really going to do that – everyone just carried on and it got more and more like a basketball game.

“Blackburn probably had players who were slightly more athletic in those moments which took the game away from them.
Another often unnoticed quality that Morison had was what he explains above. He competed for everything, constantly in the refs ear, riling his marker, winding up defenders. Anything that would gain him an advantage/ upper hand over his opponent he saw as fair game. We clearly miss a wiley old pro like him , we are a bit too naive and honest at times.

Good article here from the man himself. Have nothing but respect for him, he's a tough honest pro that gave his all on the pitch.

Spot on with his assessment of the Blackburn game and the Wigan result. I will watch out for Hornchurch’s results. Good luck to him.