So who do you want to win the championship play off?

Who do you want to win the championship play offs?

• Total voters
Off topic a bit, because I'm talking about the Super League that The Spotters have been tearing up recently...but these play-offs do turn out mad sometimes...

Posh are 3-0 up against Sheffield Wednesday with twenty minutes left.
Peterborough crept in on the last day because Derby fucked up and lost - They only needed a point. Wednesday missed out on automatic promotion by two points.

There was a nineteen point gap between the two teams at the end of the regular season, yet already, the form book has been turned on it's head.
Mind you, Sheff Weds have just introduced the kitchen sink and a battering ram for the last fifteen minutes...So, who knows how it will turn out.
:grinning:

2.JPG

Off topic a bit, because I'm talking about the Super League that The Spotters have been tearing up recently...but these play-offs do turn out mad sometimes...

Posh are 3-0 up against Sheffield Wednesday with twenty minutes left.
Peterborough crept in on the last day because Derby fucked up and lost - They only needed a point. Wednesday missed out on automatic promotion by two points.

There was a nineteen point gap between the two teams at the end of the regular season, yet already, the form book has been turned on it's head.
Mind you, Sheff Weds have just introduced the kitchen sink and a battering ram for the last fifteen minutes...So, who knows how it will turn out.

View attachment 22537
My mates a Wednesday supporter and just text me that they only got 5 points out the last 18 and totally fcked it up. I then replied - imagine only getting 8 points from 27 and missing out by a point when being 3-1 up at half time. Think that trumps you sir.

Really enjoyed the box set insight on Sunderland. Seemed good down to earth working class supporters. Lov the fact Mowbray done run about like Lee evans on speed on the touch line. They play some nice on the floor football, and have played recently with no centre halves. Been up against it but their very young side have had a good try. Had some up and down results but kept going. In Pritchard and roberts they have arguably the best midfield in the division. Tough call for em but good luck.

Really enjoyed the box set insight on Sunderland. Seemed good down to earth working class supporters. Lov the fact Mowbray done run about like Lee evans on speed on the touch line. They play some nice on the floor football, and have played recently with no centre halves. Been up against it but their very young side have had a good try. Had some up and down results but kept going. In Pritchard and roberts they have arguably the best midfield in the division. Tough call for em but good luck.

Earlier this evening they went into the second leg 2-1 up and on a media backed high. To me, they looked absolute shite tonight. Luton deserved their win and it should have been more.

Earlier this evening they went into the second leg 2-1 up and on a media backed high. To me, they looked absolute shite tonight. Luton deserved their win and it should have been more.
Stone wall pen could have produced a different outcome. Played with no centre halves against a very big side, didn’t think they were shit.

As much as I have always hated Luton, I’m fucking glad they knocked Sunderland out tonight!

Hope that cunt Pritchard is balling his eyes out, and I see this as a kind of pay back for when he took the piss, and for the Sunderland supporters who were revelling in our loss last Monday!

If that makes me look bitter, I don’t care! :grinning:

Sunderland only got into the play offs because we fucked up! Yes, they won their game, but it wouldn’t have made any difference if we had done what we needed to!

Of the two, think I would prefer Boro beating Coventry, then smashing the Hatters in the final!

The look on Pritchards face, and the result tonight. Karma!
As much as I have always hated Luton, I’m fucking glad they knocked Sunderland out tonight!

Hope that cunt Pritchard is balling his eyes out, and I see this as a kind of pay back for when he took the piss, and for the Sunderland supporters who were revelling in our loss last Monday!

If that makes me look bitter, I don’t care! :grinning:

Sunderland only got into the play offs because we fucked up! Yes, they won their game, but it wouldn’t have made any difference if we had done what we needed to!

Of the two, think I would prefer Boro beating Coventry, then smashing the Hatters in the final

Stone wall pen could have produced a different outcome. Played with no centre halves against a very big side, didn’t think they were shit.

Sorry mate, and it's just armchair opinions, of course. But my armchair opinion was they were powder puff. They offered very little and couldn't really cope with an enthusiastic, but average Luton side. Especially the first half crosses... They had one shot on target that was more akin to a back pass to the goalkeeper. A big game like that? come on, they will be pissed off with that performance.

First half Luton could have had a couple more, second half the same and of course, Luton missed a real sitter at the end when the Sunderland keeper decided to go to the pub. So on the same token, yes the score could have been a different outcome. The penalty wasn't given, and if it had of been, no guarantee it would have been scored...so a non starter.

They fucked it...just like we did.

Sunderland bottled it tonight. Luton too physical for them.
And the way Sunderland keeper kept trying to pass out from the back baffled me. His defenders almost always played into trouble.

Luton on a smaller budget than us, playing the football most would love to see are now going to the play off final. Totally blows out the water the “poor old Millwall we should be happy we are even in this division” argument. It can be done, these positive coaches are out here, but another season of negative boring Gary awaits.

Luton on a smaller budget than us, playing the football most would love to see are now going to the play off final. Totally blows out the water the “poor old Millwall we should be happy we are even in this division” argument. It can be done, these positive coaches are out here, but another season of negative boring Gary awaits.
Interestingly, they did not sit back and defend their lead like a certain coach of this parish would inevitably have done.
I detest the scummy little club with a vengeance, but as a spectacle for the neutral, it was a great watch.

Interesting you saying that, as I went on a Sunderland forum last night and read the match thread (well, I wanted some enjoyment :grinning:), and their supporters were really going to Town (geddit?) on them about how boring and shit their football is!

Quite apart from slating the ground and the area (all true by the way), they were less than complimentary about Luton’s hoof ball, and hoped that if they did get to the Prem, their hoof ball would get them instantly relegated with the lowest number of points achieved by a one season (now relegated) club!

Naturally, a lot of their bile and hate in the match thread stemmed from the fact that they could see that they were just not performing, and that they were pissed off that they were going to have to play in the Championship next season, but I did have to laugh when some of them were saying things like, “Their football is all hoof ball and is shit! We are much better than they are, and will win this if we play the ball on the deck and show them how football should be played!”

Thought I was back in the school playground listening to stuff like that!

”My dad is bigger than your dad!”

”Yeah?”

”Yeah.“

“Well, my dad is the heavyweight champion of the world, my dad is! So what you gonna do about that?”

Boy gets poked in the chest, bursts into tears and runs away! *

* (you’re probably only get this reference if you’ve seen the film Kes!) :grinning:

Last edited: