Should GR get time till Xmas

Do we give GR time till Xmas

• Yes,

• No,

• Not sure

• Go now

Results are only viewable after voting.
Excellent post.

I'm in a dilemma about Rowett leaving (immediately at least). On the one hand, I get the impression that 1) he has taken us as far as he can and 2) the majority of the fans (and squad?) are turning on him. On the other hand, I still don't think that we will be relegated under him.

Moreover, any potential new manager will have to work with the current squad until, at least, January and possibly until the summer. With the best will in the world, even Pep isn't going to turn Murray into John Stones, Billy into De Bruyne and Bradshaw into Haaland and have us playing Man City style football.
Brussels, we don’t need to play like Man City, we just need a team that can pass to each other without giving the ball away all of the time. A new manager will hopefully come in with better tactics and find a way to get the team playing together. We have the players at the moment, but we don’t have the confidence that the players need, a new boss might give them that.

Brussels, we don’t need to play like Man City, we just need a team that can pass to each other without giving the ball away all of the time. A new manager will hopefully come in with better tactics and find a way to get the team playing together. We have the players at the moment, but we don’t have the confidence that the players need, a new boss might give them that.
Re the quality of football. Personally, I can't remember the last time we were 'easy on the eye'. Maybe Jackett's era? However, I was prepared (like most others?) to sacrifice a certain amount of excitement/ entertainment for stability and progress (in terms of league position). Up to now imo that's what we have got both under Rowett and Harris. However, we now seem to have stalled.

Is it confidence or are some players simply not up to it? Imo probably a mixture of both. Esse, Emaku, Fleming, De Norre are all technically very good. On the other hand, the backs are limited. As someone pointed out those seated in the top tiers are often in danger of getting hit by a stray pass from one of our defenders. The other squad members probably fall somewhere in between.

To state the obvious: Whether we do or don't replace Rowett, there are risks. Do nothing and the current malaise may get worse. Replace Rowett and things may get worse e.g. Beale at Rangers. Who'd be a football club chairman?🤷

Very sensible post. Like you all, I detest the negativity of our boys performances, and the uncertainty it has created amongst the supporters.
It's a shit situation we're in so early in the season, and I can understand some calling for GR to walk, BUT.......but such action would be a massive gamble whichever way we look at it.
If the team just can't play well together, then what new manager is going to come and get immediate results?
If it's definitely GRs tactics and stubborn mindset, then surely a total revamp of our approach to matches would make all the difference?
I've watched GR during matches, on his feet, frustrated, instructing players and remonstrating with the 4th official. We can interpret that as passion, frustration or desperation.
Don't see AB show any similar reaction to how games progress.
I'm not a gambling man (unless I'm taking a chance with a sort behind Mrs Ulster's back 😉), and a strong advocate of being careful what you wish for, so as a less radical suggestion, could we get in an out and out attack minded coach to get our strikers firing on all cylinders?
Such a move would need to come from the board, letting GR know that the overall wellbeing of the club is more important than his ego or stubbornness.
Unless something is done soon in this regard, I fear we won't be a strong enough side to replicate our last few season's finishing positions.
......Or you can just ignore me, as I know nothing about football.

I'm not one to clamour for the head of a manager after a few dodgy results and performances, but after yesterday it confirmed to me that GR & AB need to go.At the start of the 2nd half, the ball was played back only to be smashed up to not Watmore or Nisbet, but fucking Cooper, this alone showed me that the management team are desperate and devoid of real plans B,C,D etc.

NH took charge and restored some much respectability and Millwall ethos with little management ability, but I can remember some good games (not just the cup runs!), before eventually coming up way short and with some dignity left to be replaced by a 'proper' manager, now I feel we are at that point again and to be honest, I can't remember more than half dozen standout games under GR.

I think we were all honest enough to say that NH had run his course, so I find it difficult to give a manager who has more to spend than any other more time and I don't think Stoke City, Derby County and Birmingham supporters got it all wrong surely!?.

Time for a new manger with a more dynamic fresh approach to football and not go for some old cunt on the manager merry go round.

But hey, wtf do I know!.
Agree totally, just my opinion too

Ok a few shit results more to come but we will probably stay up ,
But personally i am completely fed up with the shit served up,
I still live in Bermondsey the mates i go with having departed to the outer hebrides ( may as well be it aint South London) and come back for home games,
The home games have become a 2 hour fucking borefest that are spoiling a good day out with my mates.
So we stay up ,wont go down,next season more of the same under GR???
Not for me.
Can anyone hand on heart say they would be happy to carry on putting up with this shit for another season,
Definition of insanity " doing the same thing over and over again and hoping for a different outcome"
Something needs to change

could we get in an out and out attack minded coach to get our strikers firing on all cylinders?
Such a move would need to come from the board, letting GR know that the overall wellbeing of the club is more important than his ego or stubbornness.
Unless something is done soon in this regard, I fear we won't be a strong enough side to replicate our last few season's finishing positions.
......Or you can just ignore me, as I know nothing about football.
This is what people have been crying out for the last couple of years but the clubs done nothing about it.

Struggling with this at the moment. I’m not one to call for a manager’s head although there have been exceptions. I get people’s frustrations and dislike of the playing style but it’s the inconsistency that’s driving me mad. Played well at Middlesbrough; Ok against Stoke and Rotherham; good first halves against B’ham and West Brom although struggled second halves both times but awful against Norwich and Reading; poor against Bristol City.

I try and convince myself that it’s the nature of a weird league. We could/should have beaten West Brom if we built on the 1st half and then they go away to Preston and win 4-0. There are numerous other examples but my biggest worry is we looked flat both times against Leeds and Swansea after they had scored that goes against the individual errors made. Beginning to wonder if all managers have a limited shelf time and, maybe, GR is coming to the end of his at wall. It seems a bit like the atmosphere towards the end of Kenny’s time and Bomber/Chopper/Neil’s.

However, I don’t see many out of work exciting managers waiting for the call. Nor do I think that the owners/board will go with someone untried at this level now that we seem to be a stable, established Championship side. So if GR does go – walks or is pushed – I would expect more of the same – a manager who will keep us in this division with the occasional promise of more!

Vassalswall I except that’s what we have to expect from any manager, as they want to keep their job, only exception would be one of our own (hopefully).