Should Edwards Go?

Should Edwards Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Saturday at HT I felt for the first time that he may not make it to the end of the season, it wasn’t the score, I didn’t expect anything from this game anyway but it was how poor we were and the lack of fire in our belly’s from the whole squad and back room staff.
I was angry and wondered if JB felt the same , he is here is he loading his gun ready to fire JE if we fail to beat SW on Saturday?
He has at times had us playing fantastic football, the Leicester game was great if only individual mistakes had not happened it may have been a different result, we played well in a few games after but lost then played shit one game I thought ok it’s a ploy play bad and win but it wasn’t we still lost, the players confidence is shattered and it’s been missing since the last six or so games last season something is wrong, we don’t have a mister Millwall, Robbo, Craig, Harris , ect , it’s time to scrap the revolution,442 4411 whatever v SW and for the rest of the season is a must, move Fleming to the second striker role if OB1 and Bradshaw aren’t both available, he is wasted atm in midfield, I would like to see Lenny play in midfield with Casper Honeyman and another if your reading this Jedward, Cooper is a liability in defence and attack ( although any other player would have won many penalties) ,he has been a good player but time to move on or warm the bench mostly next season ,
SW will park the bus and we don’t have the nous to break teams like that down but however we do it we need to win , will that save his job ? Probably, I want him so succeed but he needs a massive clear out in the summer to play his way that costs money which we don’t have and we ain’t going to sell anyone for millions to bank roll it . JB has a lot to think about in the near future for sure .

On Saturday at HT I felt for the first time that he may not make it to the end of the season, it wasn’t the score, I didn’t expect anything from this game anyway but it was how poor we were and the lack of fire in our belly’s from the whole squad and back room staff.
You're right, he does seem a bit timid come Boy next door persona about him... which might be the reason that some of the team disrespect him maybe?... Someone with a bit of fire like a young version of Neil Warnock would straighten their backs up a bit... however, we do need a change I think and not just rely on teams below us losing points too!

If we don’t win on Sat, he has to go, because I’m not sure where another 3-4 wins will come from. If you want a leader, who the players will respect,who will dish out a bollocking alright and knows our club inside out and the way we should be battling……pick up the phone and put Steve Morison in until the end of the season.

I was angry and wondered if JB felt the same , he is here is he loading his gun ready to fire JE if we fail to beat SW on Saturday?
He has at times had us playing fantastic football, the Leicester game was great if only individual mistakes had not happened it may have been a different result, we played well in a few games after but lost then played shit one game I thought ok it’s a ploy play bad and win but it wasn’t we still lost, the players confidence is shattered and it’s been missing since the last six or so games last season something is wrong, we don’t have a mister Millwall, Robbo, Craig, Harris , ect , it’s time to scrap the revolution,442 4411 whatever v SW and for the rest of the season is a must, move Fleming to the second striker role if OB1 and Bradshaw aren’t both available, he is wasted atm in midfield, I would like to see Lenny play in midfield with Casper Honeyman and another if your reading this Jedward, Cooper is a liability in defence and attack ( although any other player would have won many penalties) ,he has been a good player but time to move on or warm the bench mostly next season ,
SW will park the bus and we don’t have the nous to break teams like that down but however we do it we need to win , will that save his job ? Probably, I want him so succeed but he needs a massive clear out in the summer to play his way that costs money which we don’t have and we ain’t going to sell anyone for millions to bank roll it . JB has a lot to think about in the near future for sure .
Unless they get there noses in front I can't see Wednesday parking the bus , maybe they will be cautious, no real benefit for them just sitting back . We have to get ahead , draw them out. Imperative we take any chances that come our way.

No.

He’s getting things wrong but injuries are hurting and he’s being let down by some rank poor defending🤷‍♂️
No senior player Leonard aside when fit - has stood up. Cooper is becoming a pastiche and joke. Re anyone with pace. He and harding have worse distribution than the post office -1 0 passes a game min to Wallace who is utterly boxed on a sideline. Sav has been poor honeyman buzzes but has low creativity Fleming is a waste of a place- low mobility n pace and not a ball winner either beds n whatmore are pretty on the eye but cannot deliver goals. Let them off the hook and we end up caning kids- tanga BNC Esse. I know managers must motivate what they inherit but JE has Ben dealt a shit hand. If the players don’t get off their area I wd rather see all those older ones out the door before JE

This is a good summary of why we are where we are.
Re Flemming, I think the club were between a rock etc. Do we sell him cash in , or as we came so close to making the play offs. it wouldn't be unreasonable to think he and the rest could kick on and have an even better season. The loss of JB didn't help. There is obviously something wrong with Flemming in particular, not half the player he was last year ,whether he's been spitting his dummy or another problem,will we ever find out .Playing him further forward would certainly help I think.

I'm not going to vote for JE to stay or go, but from the poll, it seems like a lot of supporters have no faith in his abilities to get us out of this current crisis.
It will be a case of him either walking, or getting sacked, if he can't get the squad to start getting the results we desperately need.
I really want him to succeed, not just because it's JE, but because he's the manager. I would want anyone to succeed, as it's our beloved club's standing in the Championship that's at stake.
The board had their reasons to appoint JE, and despite us at the time being off our game, results-wise, there was obviously a method in their madness. His first game filled us with hope, but not long after, the momentum seemed to leave the team. I get where he's coming from, with wanting to change the style of play, but was it the right time, with results not going out way, injuries, suspensions and other obstacles in his way?
A wiser man on another forum made the comment, " right manager, wrong time".
I have to agree that now is not the time for him to be experimenting with our club, especially with were we are in the table, with some tough games ahead, but something has to change.

Robbo is still at the club, maybe he can have a word in JE ear, take the senior players to one side and give them a Tony Craig style bollocking!!

I quite surprised that (as it stands) Over half of the voters are quite willing for nothing to be done about us getting relegated... Joe just hasn't got what it takes.. it's Holloway all over again but worse.

I can only assume that the majority of them must have been the ones calling for Rowett to go.

This is a good summary of why we are where we are.
After watching this and thinking about leaders at the club. Who gives Aldo information on targets? I remember last season watching a Barnsley game on tv and everyone ranting about a centre half (anderson?) who went to Luton. I actually said that liam Kitchen should be signed as he was at ease.on the ball and pressed forward and suggested a double bid for him and callum styles. I noted how good he was by watching one game, so have our scouting team got blindfolds on. Our ageing defence was boosted over the last 2 seasons by ballard and Cresswell but nothing this season.

What would a very good championship striker cost? 8 to 10 mil? That ain't gonna happen. We splashed out (for us) on Nisbet but spending a couple of mil doesn't get you a prolific striker evidently.
At the end of the day if you're not scoring goals, for whatever reason, you need to make bloody sure that you're tight at the back and not conceding.
Totally agree, hopefully JE can make something of one of our academy products and save a fortune. I think building from youth could be interesting and maybe successful.

No point sacking him unless there is someone waiting to take over. A chance was taken on him. Now the pressure is on let him stay and see what he can do. If he gets us relegated get rid of him and give ourselves plenty of time to find a replacement.

No point sacking him unless there is someone waiting to take over. A chance was taken on him. Now the pressure is on let him stay and see what he can do. If he gets us relegated get rid of him and give ourselves plenty of time to find a replacement.
The thing is Art, we have a slim chance of avoiding relegation if he goes now. I'm sure they must have had a few other applicants after Rowett went that had 'fair' previous experience, why not ask them if they are still interested and get them in fast, rather than going through the interview stages again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online