Should Edwards Go?

Should Edwards Go?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just watched the goals back. It is individual mistakes AGAIN. Sloppiness, no organisation whatsoever.

First goal - Harding’s man goes towards McNamara, McNamara switches off for a split second and allows his man to get half a yard on him to nod the ball back in to the net. Very weak.

Second goal - they play a ball over the top in to the half space between our CB and RB. Harding runs back in to a space, rather than touch tight to the runner (Moore). Leonard goes to ball but doesn’t do enough to stop the cross. If Harding isn’t there, the ball rolls across harmlessly to Cooper. Because of his shit positioning Harding then he feels he can cut the cross out, lunges at it and it’s an own goal. Calamitous.

Third goal - Murray gets beaten all ends up after being too narrow in his starting position. Flemming is just in the way, not offering anything defensively. Then the ball comes across and it’s absolutely AWFUL defending. Kieffer Moore, the biggest aerial threat in the division bar none, is completely unmarked in the box for a free header.

I noticed our wing backs were tucking in a lot to try and pack the midfield out which just wasn’t working, however we are just not doing the basics of defending when the threat arises.

Marking men, stopping crosses, going towards the danger, clearing your lines, we’re failing to manage it every week. It is baffling. Leonard I can half let off because he is a midfielder, but even still…

I’ve just watched the goals back. It is individual mistakes AGAIN. Sloppiness, no organisation whatsoever.

First goal - Harding’s man goes towards McNamara, McNamara switches off for a split second and allows his man to get half a yard on him to nod the ball back in to the net. Very weak.

Second goal - they play a ball over the top in to the half space between our CB and RB. Harding runs back in to a space, rather than touch tight to the runner (Moore). Leonard goes to ball but doesn’t do enough to stop the cross. If Harding isn’t there, the ball rolls across harmlessly to Cooper. Because of his shit positioning Harding then he feels he can cut the cross out, lunges at it and it’s an own goal. Calamitous.

Third goal - Murray gets beaten all ends up after being too narrow in his starting position. Flemming is just in the way, not offering anything defensively. Then the ball comes across and it’s absolutely AWFUL defending. Kieffer Moore, the biggest aerial threat in the division bar none, is completely unmarked in the box for a free header.

I noticed our wing backs were tucking in a lot to try and pack the midfield out which just wasn’t working, however we are just not doing the basics of defending when the threat arises.

Marking men, stopping crosses, going towards the danger, clearing your lines, we’re failing to manage it every week. It is baffling. Leonard I can half let off because he is a midfielder, but even still…

Our entire team played narrow. Esse and Flemming were tucked in too. Obviously it was to stop them building up in midfield. But as I said before, their manager spotted this. When their player went down injured (real or fake) he took that opportunity to change things and started using the wide areas to drag Leonard and Cooper out of position and isolate them. And yet again we didn't react and we were 2-0 down in a matter of minutes.

I've given myself time before replying. Basically I think he should go. Don't like to see such a quick turnround but the Team is in desperate need of direction and confidence and I don't think Edwards is giving either.

What he and any other manager should realise is we support the 'Wall because they are our team and we come to matches to see them win, but, if.they lose then go down fighting not merely.cave in when the going.gets tough. It is not on our.nature
and that makes us unique. We Don't want. A manager with sophisticated ideas and tactics,nor do we want a manager to use us as a test bed. From a side hard to beat we have become pu nch bag for this division and franklyI will not accept it. Forget the tippytappy football.

Some of the individual mistakes happening right now at the back are cringe worthy. Harding started this season okay, now looks like a League 2 defender in the space of 5-6 games. Confidence is absolutely shot to bits.

When your game plan relies on building from back to front, but your defenders don’t even trust themselves to walk without tripping over their own feet, you’re bang in trouble.
Sensible post

Needs replacing pronto. If we wait until we are in the bottom 3 I doubt we will turn it around. We are not going to get out of this mess by playing pretty football. We simply don't have the players for it. Time to end the JE experiment (which is exactly what it is), bring some experience in (if we can?) who will realistically assess what we have to work with and dig in for the rest of the season, keeping it tight at the back and grinding out results.
We miss too many chances not clinical. For instance look at last nights stats. We need a minor miracle in the way of a striker. Give JE one and we might win.

After watching the Sky interview after the game my answer is No:
Injuries, loss of form, lack of confidence and individual errors is out of his hands.
He must however make some brave decisions and drop one or two big names and try to get some points out of this lot. This falls down to his motivational and managerial skills because one thing I can guarantee is a couple more defeats and he will be gone.

Goal 1. Flemming too slow spotting the danger ,and getting out to the player " injured" earlier.
Goal 2. He had to play it, Ipshit player between him and Cooper.
Goal 3. Just shit fucking defending pure and simple.
Goal 4. Not a pen. Al hamadi leg position almost identical to Tanganga's tackle Saturday. So in effect he brought Wallace down if anything.
Doesn't take away from the fact it was a piss poor performance after the first 15/20 mins.
Although the highlight compilation would make you think we created fuck all, yet had more shots than Ipshit and the same number on target ,yet they scored 4 times. Says a lot.

Can we actually afford to pay off Edwards and then offer the likes of ugly face Cooper the job on another 3+ year contract
Think our overdraft could be at it's max

I've always stuck by the manager. I did with Rowett and could not believe the shit he was getting.

But with Edwards? Nope, bin the cunt now before it's to late and beg Rowett to come back...

Can we actually afford to pay off Edwards and then offer the likes of ugly face Cooper the job on another 3+ year contract
Think our overdraft could be at it's max
It will cost more than his pay off if we go down.

After watching the Sky interview after the game my answer is No:
Injuries, loss of form, lack of confidence and individual errors is out of his hands.
He must however make some brave decisions and drop one or two big names and try to get some points out of this lot. This falls down to his motivational and managerial skills because one thing I can guarantee is a couple more defeats and he will be gone.
Totally agree, only thing is he hasn’t got loads to choose from. As you say injuries illness etc. he’s not having 1 ounc of luck. In his first job.

Well stay up - just , why all the hysteria? People are saying that them idiots at Clownton Pathetic are having a meltdown on their tedious site , they must be on here pi$$ing themselves at our plight here . Relax all and enjoy the rollercoaster. Fortunately there are at least Three worse sides in this league than us . Don’t matter whether Joe , Buster or Jimmy Edwards is in charge we’ll be ok .

Well stay up - just , why all the hysteria? People are saying that them idiots at Clownton Pathetic are having a meltdown on their tedious site , they must be on here pi$$ing themselves at our plight here . Relax all and enjoy the rollercoaster. Fortunately there are at least Three worse sides in this league than us . Don’t matter whether Joe , Buster or Jimmy Edwards is in charge we’ll be ok .
That is my gut instinct in our predicament, but come close season it's an almighty change of personnel required.

That is my gut instinct in our predicament, but come close season it's an almighty change of personnel required.
Definitely Baz , r.e. Massive clear out but whether it’s Joe Edwards overseeing the transition is another thing . Whoever it is has an almighty task on their hands . But like you I’m quietly confident that we’ll be in the championship come next August.

Status
Not open for further replies.