Seating

The Den

Pissed me off in a way today. I bought 7 tickets for my lot and my youngest boys mate, all together. 5 youngsters and 2 adults. One of my boys broke his foot yesterday at football. Went to take our seat at the game, people was sitting in it, which left my lad with a broken foot in the gangway stairs with the mrs. My daughter started crying as she wanted mummy to sit next to her. So I asked the people in our seats whether they could move to their own seats, a fella and 2 of his mates in front (perhaps dad's?) mentioned that someone else is sitting in there seats and these are the ones that was left and i should find somewhere else.

Now, I don't blame the fellas for saying this as people was sitting in there season ticket seats. But when I buy 7 tickets together with young kids I kind of expect to sit where I've bought.

It was kind of resolved in the end, as i sat in 2 spares in front of where i bought, ironically next to the fellas. But as I mentioned to them, they should've fucked the ones off who nicked there season ticket seats in the first place as it wasnt my original problem but made out to be. It just has a knock on affect for everyone else.

As mentioned to them, not there for a row whatsoever, but I would've just liked to sit where I've bought tickets with my kids, and not leave mrs and eldest with broken leg in gangway for 10 minutes during the first half.

Some may have differing opinions, and as mentioned it was resolved as there was 2 spare when others moved about for us, which I admired. But if someone is sitting in your seat, especially holding a season ticket and it's a full house, tell them to piss off where they should be sitting?

And I'm still fucked off with our 2nd half performance.

When I had a season ticket it was front row, block four with my two young lads.
There would often be people in our seats when we arrived.
They always got asked to move out. Usually their seats were at least 10 rows back.
It’s a pain in the arse.

When I brought my grandson a ticket he couldn't get a seat next to my season ticket seat so the girl in the box office suggested he just sits next to me in someone else's seat as everyone just sits where they like anyway!!

Anyone who sits on the wrong seat is just a moron. You wouldn't do it anywhere else (plane, concert, theatre etc) because you'd get moved.
We buy front row in the Kitchener for a reason, because that's where we choose and want to sit, and also for the extra leg room for my dodgy knees.
Earlier this season, we get a bloke is sitting in our seats with his daughter. Ask him to move and he starts getting lairy and starts with the "It's sit anywhere" bollox. No, that's why your ticket has a row and seat number on it.
And as the OP said its the knock on effect. You sit on the wrong seat and that affects someone else, they then seat in the wrong seat and on it goes causing mayhem. Just sit in the correct seat, it's really not hard, or get an adult to help you.

Anyone who sits on the wrong seat is just a moron. You wouldn't do it anywhere else (plane, concert, theatre etc) because you'd get moved.
We buy front row in the Kitchener for a reason, because that's where we choose and want to sit, and also for the extra leg room for my dodgy knees.
Earlier this season, we get a bloke is sitting in our seats with his daughter. Ask him to move and he starts getting lairy and starts with the "It's sit anywhere" bollox. No, that's why your ticket has a row and seat number on it.
And as the OP said its the knock on effect. You sit on the wrong seat and that affects someone else, they then seat in the wrong seat and on it goes causing mayhem. Just sit in the correct seat, it's really not hard, or get an adult to help you.
Playing devil's advocate, if you have your match ticket registered on your membership card, you don't actually have any written note of your allocated seat number, unless you wrote it down at the time of booking or printed out a confirmation email.

Playing devil's advocate, if you have your match ticket registered on your membership card, you don't actually have any written note of your allocated seat number, unless you wrote it down at the time of booking or printed out a confirmation email.
You can just check the confirmation email on your phone

You can just check the confirmation email on your phone
Yeah I know you can, but I'm a part time luddite and don't necessarily check or save emails, and you don't need it to enter the ground so no reason for having that info on you, that's what I mean.

Yeah I know you can, but I'm a part time luddite and don't necessarily check or save emails, and you don't need it to enter the ground so no reason for having that info on you, that's what I mean.
I still haven't worked out how to get emails on my phone.
I've tried, way too complicated. I have to stop before I throw the thing out of the window.

It makes me laugh watching fans holding there ticket in one hand and a pint of beer in the other hand at 2/45 thinking there seat will be nice and empty for them to sit in

You don't actually need the email. Just log into your Millwall ticket account.it shows you what tickets you've bought.
I don't use it. They started asking me to 'set up a profile'. I didn't want to have a profile. Why should I have to have a profile to buy a ticket to go to a football match?
I buy tickets either in person or I bell the ticket office.

It makes me laugh watching fans holding there ticket in one hand and a pint of beer in the other hand at 2/45 thinking there seat will be nice and empty for them to sit in
Doesn't make me laugh pal. Think it's a bit of a liberty in all honesty. Why make it someone else's problem when clearly I've booked in with my kids sitting with me? And leaving Mrs and one of my boys in sitting on the steps blocking exits for people squeeze past as they was in the way?

If you can't sit where you've been seated then tell them to move, and not pass the buck elsewhere and refuse to move... anyways..

Any other game there would've been plenty of seats to sit about in and for it to be not so much of a problem, being it was so packed that option wasn't available.

That is the thing. Normal game it's not such an issue if someone is in your seat, sit nearby. If the game is sold out, people should sit in the seat they bought. Write down what seat number you have when you buy it, it's not that hard.

That is the thing. Normal game it's not such an issue if someone is in your seat, sit nearby. If the game is sold out, people should sit in the seat they bought. Write down what seat number you have when you buy it, it's not that hard.
I had the tickets in my hand, still no joy with that mate. Been and done and gone now, but in future reference for others, when it's busy sit in your own seats and don't make it another man's problem with his kids.

Doesn't make me laugh pal. Think it's a bit of a liberty in all honesty. Why make it someone else's problem when clearly I've booked in with my kids sitting with me? And leaving Mrs and one of my boys in sitting on the steps blocking exits for people squeeze past as they was in the way?

If you can't sit where you've been seated then tell them to move, and not pass the buck elsewhere and refuse to move... anyways..

Any other game there would've been plenty of seats to sit about in and for it to be not so much of a problem, being it was so packed that option wasn't available.
I am a season ticket holder in the CBL block 7,normal games I have to be seated at 2 but for the Blackburn game I was in my seat at 1/45 just so I don't have to ask someone to move,I don't want to get in my so so early but it's what I do

I am a season ticket holder in the CBL block 7,normal games I have to be seated at 2 but for the Blackburn game I was in my seat at 1/45 just so I don't have to ask someone to move,I don't want to get in my so so early but it's what I do
Did the same thing myself. The club would probably make a bit more money at the food and drink kiosks if they reverted to unreserved seating, it’s just an added unnecessary hassle now because most people don’t give a crap about having the same seat including me but some do and that sets up a potential issue. Previously I’d only go into the block early if I was with a lot of my “glory hunter“ mates and want to sit together. Now with this allocated seat crap I skip the food and drinks and just take my seat.

Members online