Scottish league a joke

They used to own hampden but sold it to sfa a couple years back. Spent the money on football squad. They will be okay for a couple years til.money runs out then f@ck off back to the bottom league.

Queens Park are currently playing at Stenhousemuir (about 30 miles away) whilst their ground (Lesser Hampden) is modernised with new stands. They have a multi millionaire (Lord Haughey) subsidising all this investment, he was previously a director at Celtic. The strange scenario is if they do get promoted next season they will not be able to play at Lesser Hampden in the top division, they will have to rent Hampden from the SFA because Lesser Hampden is too small for visits of Rangers, Celtic and a few others.

Heres an old photo of Hampden Park (which once had crowds of 150000) with Lesser Hampden to the left behind the traditional Rangers End of Hampden. Also at the top of the photo is Cathkin Park, which used to be home to Third Lanark (which went defunct in 1967).

Queens Park are currently playing at Stenhousemuir (about 30 miles away) whilst their ground (Lesser Hampden) is modernised with new stands. They have a multi millionaire (Lord Haughey) subsidising all this investment, he was previously a director at Celtic. The strange scenario is if they do get promoted next season they will not be able to play at Lesser Hampden in the top division, they will have to rent Hampden from the SFA because Lesser Hampden is too small for visits of Rangers, Celtic and a few others.

Heres an old photo of Hampden Park (which once had crowds of 150000) with Lesser Hampden to the left behind the traditional Rangers End of Hampden. Also at the top of the photo is Cathkin Park, which used to be home to Third Lanark (which went defunct in 1967).

Incredible crowds back then.
Imagine how long it took to drive out car park.

I love this photo, thousands of Rangers fans (obviously late out the pubs) queuing to get into Hampden for the 1963 Cup Final replay. This is minutes before kick off and most would miss an early Rangers goal. The crowd for the replay was 120,000 (130,000 at first game).
Thing is it looks already packed inside how on earth did they manage to get in🤷
Health and safety non existent back then it seems.

Thing is it looks already packed inside how on earth did they manage to get in🤷
Health and safety non existent back then it seems.
All of my football books growing up in the early 60’s always listed the capacity of HP as 120000. What’s another 10 thousand between friends?
People were slimmer in those days.
Anyone who has been at Wembley in the days of 100 thousand capacity will tell you that was not exactly comfortable either when full.

All of my football books growing up in the early 60’s always listed the capacity of HP as 120000. What’s another 10 thousand between friends?
People were slimmer in those days.
Anyone who has been at Wembley in the days of 100 thousand capacity will tell you that was not exactly comfortable either when full.
I was at Hampden in 1969 for the Cup Final. 134,000 tickets sold. I didn’t pay as my dad lifted me over. Kids who got lifted over coupled with fans who doubled up at the turnstiles meant the Crowd would realistically have been around 150,000.
Below is official attendances for Scottish Cup Finals from 1960-1970

My earliest memory of going to football was my old man lifting me over the turnstile.
Every youngster got lifted over not just by family members but you could ask someone and they did it.
Absolutely, if I went with my mates we never paid in. It was always finding some drunk guy (which wasn’t hard to find) and saying “give us a lifty over Mister”.

For anyone that’s interested Inverness v Kilmarnock Scottish cup quarter final is on Friday night bbc iplayer or bbc sports.
I’m sure you mentioned you don’t mind watching Scottish football BigPaul.

For anyone that’s interested Inverness v Kilmarnock Scottish cup quarter final is on Friday night bbc iplayer or bbc sports.
I’m sure you mentioned you don’t mind watching Scottish football BigPaul.
Aye, I like a bit of och aye the nicky nacky noo, the noo.
I’m out tomorrow, but being an hour ahead, it should still be on when I get home.
Inverness for me! The book I’m reading at the moment is set in Inverness.