Scottish league a joke

Beaufoyboy

As we have Queen’s Park probably going up next season to the premier league

Saturdays home attendance was a massive 105, yep one hundred and 5

As we have Queen’s Park probably going up next season to the premier league

Saturdays home attendance was a massive 105, yep one hundred and 5
The main reason it is a joke is not the attendance. If you look at these places and how small and remote they are, the small attendances are understandable.

The joke is calling their "top" league the "PREMIER" league.
Their hope is that people will make the association with the similarly named shitshow south of the border.
The truth, of course is that the only similarity is in the name.

I actually quite enjoy watching Scottish football on BBC Scotland. They never have the big two, so it is quite refreshing to watch grass roots football between say, Arbroath and Hamilton Academicals.

Seemingly Scottish football has the highest attendances per head of population than any other league in Europe.
I suppose that was my original point. The attendances are not high in number because the population is not high in numbers.
But relative to the population, you may well be right.
You have obviously been statwanking. :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

As an aside, 1059 sounds quite good for Queens Park (if true).
If a massive sleeping giant like the spotters can't fill their stadium, it shows how tough it is. :grinning:

Gazza ,Queens Park play at Little Hamden right next door to the big stadium. A Mate of mine played for them when he was at Glasgow University from where they recruited most of their players. They didn't get paid. I think the get a few "sheckles" now.

Gazza ,Queens Park play at Little Hamden right next door to the big stadium. A Mate of mine played for them when he was at Glasgow University from where they recruited most of their players. They didn't get paid. I think the get a few "sheckles" now.
Currently playing a Stenhousemuir's ground whilst they are renovating Little Hampden.

Members online