Rowett

Well, yesterday‘s win has put us 6 points ahead of QPR, who are 3rd from bottom, and they’re playing away to Ipswich on Friday, so barring a miracle, they will still be 6 points behind us come 10pm that night!

And who knows, we might be 7 or 9 points ahead of QPR at the end of our game, so no need to press the panic button just yet!
Half a season to go and we have a team that will graft every game so I see it as Edwards needs to learn quickly what works for us and yesterday was a big improvement so hopefully that is the start of it.
I think the single most defining part of the relegation battle this season is whether Rooney stays in his job until May.

Half a season to go and we have a team that will graft every game so I see it as Edwards needs to learn quickly what works for us and yesterday was a big improvement so hopefully that is the start of it.
I think the single most defining part of the relegation battle this season is whether Rooney stays in his job until May.
Agreed.

The new manager’s bounce hasn’t worked for Rooney, and after a good start the manager’s bounce hasn’t continued for the QPR manager, either!

Stoke were poor against us in Schumacher’s first game as Stoke manager, and even though they beat Brum yesterday, there are a lot of Stoke supporters who weren’t convinced about the ex Plymouth manager’s credentials when he signed for the Potters, so think the jury’s still out as far as many of them are concerned!

Stoke’s next two are away to Watford and away to Ipswich, so here‘s hoping they don’t get any points from those games and it sucks them back down towards the relegation spots, and we end up going in the opposite direction!

Two or three losses on the bounce and I feel that clubs as far down as Plymouth in 16th place (on 28 points) could all find themselves in or close to that last relegation spot which QPR currently occupy!

Last edited:
Well, yesterday‘s win has put us 6 points ahead of QPR, who are 3rd from bottom, and they’re playing away to Ipswich on Friday, so barring a miracle, they will still be 6 points behind us come 10pm that night!

And who knows, we might be 7 or 9 points ahead of QPR at the end of our game, so no need to press the panic button just yet!
Yes all true, I am delighted and relieved as anyone else on here that we picked up 3 long overdue points. My serious personal reservations about Edwards doesn't mean I want him to fail, all I want is for Wall to do as well as possible. But 36% possession at home to that shower of shite and that performance doesn't inspire my confidence in him. Loads fans saying give him a few trabsgwe windows coz none of these players are his. Yes they ate they ate all his to cisco, improve and organise. We ain't a club that can go out and buy a new team for a new manager, we need any new manager first and foremost to be able to get the best out of what we've got

Yes all true, I am delighted and relieved as anyone else on here that we picked up 3 long overdue points. My serious personal reservations about Edwards doesn't mean I want him to fail, all I want is for Wall to do as well as possible. But 36% possession at home to that shower of shite and that performance doesn't inspire my confidence in him. Loads fans saying give him a few trabsgwe windows coz none of these players are his. Yes they ate they ate all his to cisco, improve and organise. We ain't a club that can go out and buy a new team for a new manager, we need any new manager first and foremost to be able to get the best out of what we've got
So QPR had 64% possession!

Big deal, most of that was spent knocking it between the GK and CB's. Only one team was gonna win that game, and it weren't QPR!!!

But Edwards has only managed 8 out of 23 league games this season (almost one third), and the rot had already set in by the time of his appointment (otherwise he wouldn’t have been offered the job!) Rowett was manager for 11 of those games beforehand and many of those new additions (as well as last season players) had played in them and we still weren’t getting the results, so I don’t think you can lay the blame at the feet of Edwards. Its just unfortunate for him (and us) that this season we still have an ageing squad with no pace and hardly any flair players (who aren’t always played) who can provide the odd flash of brilliance which can sometimes change games in our favour.
Great points to raise! 👍 What I can’t tolerate are those who can’t face up to misfortune but like to gloat in success. Life is up and down and football no different. What is key is to ask ourselves what can I learn from the experience and apply that learning going forward otherwise we carry on making the same mistakes i.e. our behaviours and attitudes don’t change so we always get what we always got!
I’m essence take the rough with the smooth and man up. Our forefathers in the WW1 didn’t whinge in the awful trenches- they just got on with it and supported each other through thick and thin and aren’t we blessed they did!?

Don’t know about you but saw him on TV last night as a pundit on Sky Sports and he’s never looked more relaxed.
No stress, no one c***ing him off & he seems to know what he’s talking about.
For now, he’s fallen on his feet

To be fair to Edwards, apart from The QP Haha game, his possession stats are up on GR's average stats. We keep the ball more (we can all see that).

Against that mob, he would of factored in that they like holding the ball and doing fuck all with it while they tire themselves out. It worked, both our goals came at the end of each half in stoppage time.

I think Edwards knows what he's doing, as did GR - It's just they both work and think in different ways.

Don’t know about you but saw him on TV last night as a pundit on Sky Sports and he’s never looked more relaxed.
No stress, no one c***ing him off & he seems to know what he’s talking about.
For now, he’s fallen on his feet
I've seen people saying on a Millwall facebook group that Rowett must have been shit cause he isn't with a club

HittingHitting

A nice break, no personal and verbal abuse and easy money from sky and can spend time with is family at the same time. Any manager taking over a team at this stage in a season won't be getting a top six club but one that's got one foot in the brown stuff.

I am thinking of starting a Benny Fenton thread. GR is no longer a Millwall manager. Its finished, done, in the past, history and old news.
It's a Millwall forum mate and GR is still very much part of the debate. More so when we lose, i'll give you that and fans will defend him which i think is fair enough. Anyone reading some of the stuff written about him would think he'd had us relegated. No doubt it'll be his fault of we do go down.

The way i see it is Edwards knew what he was coming into. He has said a number of times that he'd watched us more than few times and knew what he had to work with. So he knew our limitations. He'll also be aware of what money is available to him in January. He's obviously been given the job cause of what he has said, promised and impressed the board with. If we fail it's on him and nobody else. He came because he felt he could improve us so it's up to him to do so. It's the same team plus additions that were 45 minutes away from a play off spot.

My point is, GR was slated for stats like that with such low possession

Indeed, and I could never understand why. Didn't Leicester win the Premiershit with hardly any possession, beating all the sideways, sideways, back to the goalie, sideways... ' teams into a cocked hat?

I was very impressed with how JE came across in his first few interviews. He knows that he can't tear the team and tactics up straightaway. However, it's true that he has zero experience as a manager, and there is no doubt he will make mistakes.

However, his biggest strength, as I see it, is his coaching experience with young players. How many times have we seen youngsters leave for pastures new? Perhaps his reputation in the football world will persuade some of the less greedy to stay and learn from him. We've always had a great youth set-up, but very few of our prospects have turned into first-team players. Perhaps JE can make a difference?

I don’t understand the need to keep comparing Edwards with Rowett? Lots is going to be the same, it’s the same fucking players. David Blaine couldn’t get some of our lot to play beautiful football. The players that do that cost more than we’ll ever pay.

It had gone stale under GR and a change was needed. Both GR and the club knew that hence the amicable split.

In Edwards we hired the manager we could afford (none in the betting list filled many with excitement) and I would have thought a club like ours would rally behind him. Some of the social media against Edwards is pathetic and in years gone by, if shouted out would most likely have earned a slap.

Back the manager, back the players or it’s a fucking long slog in league one especially as the money changes are historic from next season.

Come on you lovely lions!

However, his biggest strength, as I see it, is his coaching experience with young players.
Perhaps JE can make a difference?
That was my thinking when i heard he'd got the job. Maybe not so much short term and in current circumstances but given his record and experience working with younger players i'd like to think he'll improve the likes of Emanku, Esse and Mitchell.

I don’t understand the need to keep comparing Edwards with Rowett? Lots is going to be the same, it’s the same fucking players. David Blaine couldn’t get some of our lot to play beautiful football. The players that do that cost more than we’ll ever pay.

It had gone stale under GR and a change was needed. Both GR and the club knew that hence the amicable split.

In Edwards we hired the manager we could afford (none in the betting list filled many with excitement) and I would have thought a club like ours would rally behind him. Some of the social media against Edwards is pathetic and in years gone by, if shouted out would most likely have earned a slap.

Back the manager, back the players or it’s a fucking long slog in league one especially as the money changes are historic from next season.

Come on you lovely lions!
Difference i see is although the style has'nt changed a massive amount i think the players are putting in a lot more effort,
Rowetts football left me cold,but apart from little digs on here i never slated the man who was a genuinely sincere and honest man,never once since he left has he said a single negative thing about the club.
I feel he and the club realised things had run there course and change was required.

Apparently being lined up for “caretaker manager” at Birmingham after Rooney gets the tin tack today