Rowett

superlion

How many people would have him back tomorrow .
Even with his style of football we created chances & while we might have overacheived last year we always thought we was getting better year after year.
This year was always going to be a test especially after the disappointment of last year but I never thought in a million years that we would be fighting relegation .

It’s a results business and based on that I’d have him back, in hindsight his negative style of football doesn’t look too bad now looking on our current position in the league, didn’t want him to go in the first place . Fair play to him if he felt he’d taken us as far as he could . This is largely the same group of players from last season with what I consider some decent additions so what’s gone wrong under a Coach that has supposedly come with a very good pedigree?

Under GR the football at times was predictive & boring but we somehow got results ,the new man has his work cut out to mould the players to his way of playing the game , some are to set in their ways and are finding it hard to adjust while others just ain't good enough with this brand of football , January is the key , if he gets the right sort of players in then we will hopefully see a change in fortunes otherwise it will be a dog fight at the bottom, at the moment our style is not one thing or another and the results are there for all to see, keep the faith and I'm sure we will get away from the bottom and a mid table finish will do this season and build for another crack in 2024/25

It’s a results business and based on that I’d have him back, in hindsight his negative style of football doesn’t look too bad now looking on our current position in the league, didn’t want him to go in the first place . Fair play to him if he felt he’d taken us as far as he could . This is largely the same group of players from last season with what I consider some decent additions so what’s gone wrong under a Coach that has supposedly come with a very good pedigree?
But Edwards has only managed 8 out of 23 league games this season (almost one third), and the rot had already set in by the time of his appointment (otherwise he wouldn’t have been offered the job!) Rowett was manager for 11 of those games beforehand and many of those new additions (as well as last season players) had played in them and we still weren’t getting the results, so I don’t think you can lay the blame at the feet of Edwards. Its just unfortunate for him (and us) that this season we still have an ageing squad with no pace and hardly any flair players (who aren’t always played) who can provide the odd flash of brilliance which can sometimes change games in our favour.

Things went sour back end of last season. Is Edwards the man, only time will tell but Rowett's ship had run his course which is why he left.
Edwards was a brave and innovative appointment so whatever happens we've got to back him. We aren't Watford who would have sacked Edwards by now and would have got rid of Rowett ages ago.
Merry Christmas everyone see you Boxing Day

I’m sure GR had a plan he brought in a fair few players, and every season we started slowly then would go on a long run grinding out results, shit it was to watch but we weren’t fighting to stay up
And going down would fk us big time,

Before clamouring for Rowett to come back, just think about the legacy of his 4 years in charge with the highest spending budget any Millwall manager has ever had. 5 of that first 11 yesterday were here under Harris. Of the 6 he had signed, Sarkic (hardly convincing), Harding (looks ok), Nisbet (yet to really prove himself, Honeyman (is ok, nothing more), Flemming (half a season wonder), Cuffy (a loan player). Even the bench had another 4 Harris players and a youth on it.
The real fact is that if it wasn't for the Harris core of the defence over the last 4 years (Bart, Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Murray) keeping the goals conceded down, we would have been in big trouble well before now, because he certainly didn't really sort out the midfield or the forwards. Now that the defence is aging and not so reliable, we're starting to struggle.
Hardly a great legacy of players he's left behind is it, after 4 whole years!

Before clamouring for Rowett to come back, just think about the legacy of his 4 years in charge with the highest spending budget any Millwall manager has ever had. 5 of that first 11 yesterday were here under Harris. Of the 6 he had signed, Sarkic (hardly convincing), Harding (looks ok), Nisbet (yet to really prove himself, Honeyman (is ok, nothing more), Flemming (half a season wonder), Cuffy (a loan player). Even the bench had another 4 Harris players and a youth on it.
The real fact is that if it wasn't for the Harris core of the defence over the last 4 years (Bart, Danny, Hutch, Cooper, Murray) keeping the goals conceded down, we would have been in big trouble well before now, because he certainly didn't really sort out the midfield or the forwards. Now that the defence is aging and not so reliable, we're starting to struggle.
Hardly a great legacy of players he's left behind is it, after 4 whole years!
Peckham (Who I'm convinced is Rowett's agent) will have a coronary reading this!*

But Edwards has only managed 8 out of 23 league games this season (almost one third), and the rot had already set in by the time of his appointment
More bollox and lies that do nothing to support another one of your crackpot theories. We were a point better off than we were at the same point last season when Rowett left. 14pts and 11th this season- Last season 13 points 13th in the table. You know absolutely fuck all about what goes on behind the scenes. The devastation that rocked our club and more the players is not being considered one bit. Believe me it had a profound affect on the players, many who had a very close relationship with Mr Berylson. He wasn't just any old chairman. He took interest in all the players and helped and advised them on all manner of things and especially what they do when there careers in football comes to an end.

How do you explain Rowett taking over a team full of shit that was in 17th place but finished 8th? The rot had well and truly set in after finishing 21st the season before.

Its just unfortunate for him (and us) that this season we still have an ageing squad
More lies.

Sarkic- 26- Rowetts

D. Mac- 23

Harding- 27- Rowetts

Cooper- 28

Hutchinson-33

Wallace- 30

---------------

Flemming-- 25

De Norre -26

Esse- 18

Campbell-25

All Rowetts

--------------------------------------------------------

Mitchell-22

Saville - 30 one of our best players of late

Leonard-31- Same as above when fit

------------------------------------------

Nisbett- 26

Watmore--29

Emakhu- 20

Longman- 23

All Rowetts

I know you don't respond to me or Ildertons posts cause your a disingenuous crank but i know you read them.

You write more lies about us than the fucking press.

Peckham (Who I'm convinced is Rowett's agent)
:grinning:

Not at all but i do and am entitled to challenge utter bollox when it's written. I agree with most of Poplars post.Most I watched most our games under Rowett so am under no illusions about the style. What i do know is that it was effective and suited to the teams capabilities. It was never going to be pretty.

Stability and becoming an established championship side with a more honed and effective version of what we'd watched for the previous 4 yrs, 6 months and 24 days is what i expected from Rowett. The stage i'm at following our club means stability in such a tough and money driven league is more important than how we achieve it.

Like it or not Rowetts legacy is two 8th placed finishes, one 9th and one 11th. Gates up by a few k and no fear of relegation but yeah Harris. Now i see it's being credited to Harris's Defenders
:grinning:
The ones that finished 21st the season before- so how do you work that one out? Last season Hutchinson played 24 times. We had Cresswell , Ballard and Long who replaced Bart cause he was shipping goals at the start of the season. Shackleton who also played at left back.

Last edited:
It started going wrong around a dozen games before the end of last season and continued this season before JE arrived.

Okay, JE hasn’t set the World alight but he’s had absolutely no luck with refereeing decisions and injuries and a few individual errors that nobody can legislate for 🤷‍♂️

Got to give JE the time and hopefully some money for him to get 2-3 players in this transfer window.

The manor of our 4-3 loss last game of last season hurt the team club and supporters add to that the terrible loss of JB senior this season was always going to be tricky.

JE has had some poor performances granted but the luck we have had would see us fall into a barrel of tits and come up sucking our own thumbs.

Blatant penalties not given to us last minute injury time penalties given against us some fucking atrocious referees

GR stabilised us and got us terrific finishes and had us punching above our weight but in my opinion it was the time for him to go.

I think JE will turn into a great hire and when he gets the players he wants we will see football we ain’t seen since Bruce Rioch and Big Mick before he fucked off

JE celebration today shows he buys into our club and he is very honest in his post match comments and does not hide win lose or draw which I personally find very refreshing.

Great win today and hopefully the stepping stone to a run of results that moves us up the table

Merry Christmas everyone COYL

More bollox and lies that do nothing to support another one of your crackpot theories. We were a point better off than we were at the same point last season when Rowett left. 14pts and 11th this season- Last season 13 points 13th in the table. You know absolutely fuck all about what goes on behind the scenes. The devastation that rocked our club and more the players is not being considered one bit. Believe me it had a profound affect on the players, many who had a very close relationship with Mr Berylson. He wasn't just any old chairman. He took interest in all the players and helped and advised them on all manner of things and especially what they do when there careers in football comes to an end.

How do you explain Rowett taking over a team full of shit that was in 17th place but finished 8th? The rot had well and truly set in after finishing 21st the season before.

I don't think the terribly sad passing of our Chairman has been taken into account enough. For everyone. Players, staff, fans. I think it must have had a devastating effect on Rowett and although it may not have been the sole reason for him leaving, I bet it played a part.

Rowett was a fkg genius with this lot. Who the fk jedward. Nobody And he's taking us darn ....
Well, yesterday‘s win has put us 6 points ahead of QPR, who are 3rd from bottom, and they’re playing away to Ipswich on Friday, so barring a miracle, they will still be 6 points behind us come 10pm that night!

And who knows, we might be 7 or 9 points ahead of QPR at the end of our game, so no need to press the panic button just yet!

Staff online

Members online