Rowett out

We definitely haven't got the players to play more attacking football. For a start, if you do that you really need to have a high line defensively and all our central defenders are slow. Also, if you attack a team you leave spaces and if the opposition have players with pace up front we will get picked off easily, much like Fulham did against us at home earlier this season.

We also have a relatively low budget and a thin squad. To win four games against decent teams with the current squad and injuries is, to be frank, incredible.

I criticise Rowett because I am irrational when it comes to Millwall. My heart rules my head. But if we won one game in every five 3-2 and lost the other four getting battered 4-2, 5-1, would we all be happy? I wouldn't. I recognise what Rowett is doing. We stay in the game, be hard to beat and try and score on the break or at set-pieces. When it works, as it has the last four games, it's great. When it doesn't, it can be very frustrating to watch.
A very balanced view mate.

GR is very stubborn, when the 5 at the back didn't work, he kept with it, when we had Mahoney, Ferguson, Smith Etc... Players who would all play better in a 4-4-2.

My point was that a defensive midfield player on for a forward, Mahoney or Lovelace would have been a more like for like.
And my point was that Jed replaced Bennett (ie switched from an attacking midfielder to a forward - a role he’s played many times before), Saville replaced Jed (ie switched from a central midfielder to attacking midfielder) and Evans replaced Saville as a central midfielder (a role he’s played several times before) so, in effect, it was more like for like 🤷‍♂️

And my point was that Jed replaced Bennett (ie switched from an attacking midfielder to a forward - a role he’s played many times before), Saville replaced Jed (ie switched from a central midfielder to attacking midfielder) and Evans replaced Saville as a central midfielder (a role he’s played several times before) so, in effect, it was more like for like 🤷‍♂️
At the start of the game, we had 2 forwards, one player behind them, an attacking midfielder and one holding midfielder, after Bennett went off, we had 2 forwards, one player behind them and 2 holding midfielders.

We definitely haven't got the players to play more attacking football. For a start, if you do that you really need to have a high line defensively and all our central defenders are slow. Also, if you attack a team you leave spaces and if the opposition have players with pace up front we will get picked off easily, much like Fulham did against us at home earlier this season.

We also have a relatively low budget and a thin squad. To win four games against decent teams with the current squad and injuries is, to be frank, incredible.

I criticise Rowett because I am irrational when it comes to Millwall. My heart rules my head. But if we won one game in every five 3-2 and lost the other four getting battered 4-2, 5-1, would we all be happy? I wouldn't. I recognise what Rowett is doing. We stay in the game, be hard to beat and try and score on the break or at set-pieces. When it works, as it has the last four games, it's great. When it doesn't, it can be very frustrating to watch.

Spot on.