Rowett Gone

The timing is strange, the dust has only just settled following JBs passing and all of a sudden Rowett is out.

Maybe young JB is not as patient as his father was and wants to move forward quicker, I just hope he has a plan in place to resolve the problem.
my thinking also re Jimbo

Can't agree ,I've been going for over 60+ years and some of the football under GR as been awful and his stubbornness to change until the fans got into him shows he really is a one trick pony....can't fault the man on a personal note but footballing wise he was lacking...good luck to him and the fans he managers next
i don't disagree mate to be honest some of the football from Harris & GR has been awful but i would never give out the type of shit to ether of them they have got form our lot they know far more then we do they know how good this bunch of players are
for some reason if we spend 1m on a player he has to be the dogs bollocks if not it everyone fault we still shop in lidl not Waitrose
what some people expect is way over the top

my question is this if we play a more open game and get beat week in week out would you be happier?

my question is this if we play a more open game and get beat week in week out would you be happier?
If we win 1-0 with next to no possession and playing launch ball we’ll forgive anything but to lose an exciting game 3-4 is totally unacceptable :shake:

Football has always been, and will continue to be, about winning and that will never change! To play attractive football when winning would be a bonus 👍

i don't disagree mate to be honest some of the football from Harris & GR has been awful but i would never give out the type of shit to ether of them they have got form our lot they know far more then we do they know how good this bunch of players are
for some reason if we spend 1m on a player he has to be the dogs bollocks if not it everyone fault we still shop in lidl not Waitrose

I believe with the players in the squad now that put in the right formation & tactics we can win & play a more eye pleasing game ,I just hope we get a manager with amore attacking flair to his arsenal

Don't forget it was only a few seasons back that Leonard was the biggest waste of money since Goddard and Bradshaw was a poor man's Gregory according to some but GR got a tune out of them all right.

The last time we had a manager that left us having built a solid squad without much needing to be done for whoever takes over was George Graham and we all know what happened then.
Another analogy is for whoever takes over is it's like buying a house where you can just move into as not much needs changing.
Except results!
**Apparently** :) both parties started discussions last week about the leaving package...Of course, I have absolutely no idea if that is true or a pile of shite.

:tophat:
ask the man in the car park? 😉

Glad he went on there and put a stop to all the ignorant conspiracy theories that might have started.
It might be the boring story but it's come to a natural amicable end and he hasn't taken us for every penny he could of.

Since holloway got thrown out we have had our most successful period in the club's history and yet the 2 managers aren't respected by a section of fans, I know without the Berylson's it wouldn't have happened but they have played their part in keeping us in the Championship.
Well said and a very honest appraisal by GR. I would like to think he gets a warm welcome on his return.

You'll never get the whole truth. The club and Rowett may have agreed on a no disclosure so we'll just get something short and sweet.
I was saying the same to the Mrs
It will be kept in house, the circumstances of GR leaving.
10-15 years ago I didn't dream of how well the club would be run now.
The better quality of player that GR has brought in has made us a threat in this division. Cheers GR. Good luck in the future!

If we win 1-0 with next to no possession and playing launch ball we’ll forgive anything but to lose an exciting game 3-4 is totally unacceptable :shake:

Football has always been, and will continue to be, about winning and that will never change! To play attractive football when winning would be a bonus 👍
Agree totally.

I was saying the same to the Mrs
It will be kept in house, the circumstances of GR leaving.
10-15 years ago I didn't dream of how well the club would be run now.
The better quality of player that GR has brought in has made us a threat in this division. Cheers GR. Good luck in the future!
I can’t believe you talk to your missus about football, mine knows nothing about football, she supports qpr.

I think most of the fans who wanted him out would be happy for us to lose every week until he goes. But the fans who wanted him to stay will now be hoping we get a replacement who can continue the work he's done. That's the difference

Last edited: