Relegation - the upsides

Want to see us stand up and show some backbone, tough it out and beg, steal or borrow the points to stay up, BUT....

If we do go down, no more international breaks fucking up the season, extra home games, Sky not bollocking up ko times.

Wouldn't be the end of the world, but financially could cripple us.

Will say it now, with or without JE, I think we'll stay up

I'm not totally sure JB's son's heart is really in this club... hopefully I'm wrong and his intentions are honourable but I cannot see why he is hesitating with the lump of cancer that is destroying our club which is Joe Edwards... we have been MORE than patient but his time really is up!

There are plenty of 'talented enough' managers out there, who are more than able (and willing) to get us out of this mess, we need a quick 'jump start' with new managerial blood to get the team believing again... we do not have to get relegated for our club to be back to the old Millwall we love and know, we just need to be 'stable' in this division and not even have to bother with going for promotion to the Prem... which would do more damage than relegation imo (apart from the financial aspect obviously!).

Also, these 'prem wanting fans' just need to hold their tongue if our players are not performing like Messi, if our team are stable and getting points along the way, we should be OK... I miss Rowett and am grateful for what he was doing at our club... 'greed and want' has come home to roost!

It wouldn't take much to keep us up if they act now.... I just don't want them to say in a few weeks, months, years from now 'oh yeah, in hindsight we should have acted sooner!'... the writing is on the wall... in plain sight... we have time if we act now!

Edwards has had his lawyers looking into it for a few weeks now.
But as a manager, he should have to rely on that, he should be doing his job and getting the players to perform so we don't need that! He sounds like a desperate man if he's relying on 'admin' rather than rolling up his sleeves and doing his job 'properly'!

He's just too weak to take on Millwall imo.... we need someone with grit and gumption.

My guess is that they will wait until after the Saints game. If we get beaten and we do not put up much of a fight and QP ha ha win and we are in the bottom three then I think the club will act. It is no disgrace to accept that you made a mistake and now you are realising your error.
I am not saying I like the bloke or I don’t remember what a pile he left us in last time but I think that big nose Mick could do a job for us. He still has his house in Chelsfield and if I recall correctly Purley met him at Sundridge Park when he played golf there. Picture too I think. He asked him then whether he was likely to manage a club again and he said when a club is in the brown stuff then the phone will ring. Well, Mick, we are deep in it and we do need your help. What about it?

But as a manager, he should have to rely on that, he should be doing his job and getting the players to perform so we don't need that! He sounds like a desperate man if he's relying on 'admin' rather than rolling up his sleeves and doing his job 'properly'!

He's just too weak to take on Millwall imo.... we need someone with grit and gumption.
He's joking John.

Oh and Steve “hear hate don’t hesitate” kavanagh can go fuck himself. FA yes man who would gladly remove every single one of us for German tourists and hippy middle class pricks.
Most chairman or ceo's would and at any club. A tourist with money to spend or a season ticket holder paying less than a score a match? It's a business after all. We've had 7 seasons in this division since. That doesn't happen often and it doesn't come cheap either. We don't chuck money about on transfer fees but we do on players wages. We have to be able to attract players and compete so we pay very well for a club with our turnover.

I'm not totally sure JB's son's heart is really in this club.
Very harsh and unfounded. He has dedicated years to our club. If anything i think he'd want to push us on and succeed even more than ever. He will also take advice from the board. There's plenty going on behind the scenes. I think it's positive that we have a chairman that isn't being swayed by the fans or making knee jerk decisions. Southampton wouldn't be a good place to start for a new manager either. Edwards has a free hit this weekend.

If it was going to be done it needed to be done already, give the new manager a week with the players, Southampton is almost a free hit as we will probably get beat whoever is in charge as they are so much better than us, But at least the work would be stating to be put in place for the Blackburn and Birmingham games which will be vital to our survival.
I fear he is going nowhere now, if he survived the weekend then he can survive anything until its all way too late

I do think people are getting a bit carried away here. As Peckham said, we've been in this league 7 years, not 70. We are punching above our weight, clubs in and around us have bigger gates, more money and in some cases better players.

We need a reboot. To survive in the Championship, we need a better keeper, at least 3 new defenders, a creative midfielder and a goalscorer. Even if options were out there, we can't afford them.

Would we have stayed up this season under Rowett? Probably, but results were poor, so who knows. Will we stay up under Edwards? Looks unlikely right now, but if QPR are hit with a 10 point deduction, we probably will.

Historically, we are a div 3 team. Yes, you can point to Luton and say it can be done, but look at how many clubs beneath us that have 'done a Luton' but are now on their uppers.

We are a well run club, if we go down, we will cut our cloth, if we stay up, JE or not, we need to rebuild. Right now, we need to be strong not hysterical. Sure, make your feelings known, but hard to see how a witch-hunt right now helps. If the board see fit to sack Edwards after Saturday so be it, if not, we go again.

Sneaky feeling Obafemi could be our trump card Saturday.

We are Millwall, let's act like it eh!

I do think people are getting a bit carried away here. As Peckham said, we've been in this league 7 years, not 70. We are punching above our weight, clubs in and around us have bigger gates, more money and in some cases better players.

We need a reboot. To survive in the Championship, we need a better keeper, at least 3 new defenders, a creative midfielder and a goalscorer. Even if options were out there, we can't afford them.

Would we have stayed up this season under Rowett? Probably, but results were poor, so who knows. Will we stay up under Edwards? Looks unlikely right now, but if QPR are hit with a 10 point deduction, we probably will.

Historically, we are a div 3 team. Yes, you can point to Luton and say it can be done, but look at how many clubs beneath us that have 'done a Luton' but are now on their uppers.

We are a well run club, if we go down, we will cut our cloth, if we stay up, JE or not, we need to rebuild. Right now, we need to be strong not hysterical. Sure, make your feelings known, but hard to see how a witch-hunt right now helps. If the board see fit to sack Edwards after Saturday so be it, if not, we go again.

Sneaky feeling Obafemi could be our trump card Saturday.

We are Millwall, let's act like it eh!
Good post mate. Realistic