Relegation - the upsides

King of The Jungle

After having the state we are in going round and round in my mind over the weekend I have come to the conclusion that if we were to be relegated it might have some positives:

1) If he's still there surely we will get rid of JE.
2) With a bit of luck we will get rid of Kavanagh - he has been poison to our club.
3) All these new bell end supporters we seem to have who think we should be the new Man City will disappear.
4) Very few tourists.
5) We might just become Millwall again.

Millwall has completely gone down the khazi for me during the last 5 years. I don't really enjoy it anymore aside from seeing mates. I honestly think I'd probably go more again in the third tier with most of the bell ends and tourists gone.

Obviously I realise this would be a massive financial hit for us, and we might not get back to the second tier for years, if ever; but Millwall might become a bit more like Millwall again, because Millwall is becoming a non-descript, socially acceptable, virtue signalling platform of a curiosity business.

A month ago I'd have said that relegation would be a disaster. But now it is a real possibility, having thought about it, it might not be such a terrible thing.

I was saying similar to my boy on the way home on Saturday.

I told him that rather than be surrounded by foreigners and premier league types, we'll have more seat space... and those near us are more likely to proper Wall. How it used to be, where you spent 15 minutes before the game chatting to different faces you've met over the years.

I’ve had debates up here with my mates on this, when you watch your team play you want to see em win. To me it don’t matter what division they are in a winning feeling is all the same. Might be stupid to some but to me Millwall winning is a nice feeling.

we as supporters cannot change anything , we will continue supporting. But to except failure to realign in what league?
No sack the clueless at the club and fight for your status.

In the past relegation has basically been that the club went as far as it could whilst selling the top players that got us there along the way only for us to no longer afford the players needed to keep us there.
This time is different, we have been able to turn down offers whilst improving the squad each season, that musn't be thrown away because of one person.

I don't see any positives in relegation, not sure we can get back to being a Championship club again.
Why has Kavanagh been poison?
With Kavanagh we've seen epic promotion of grassline, all this 'hate' nonsense, microphones in the east upper, increase in CCTV, then all the statements he's released over the last few years where he has stated Millwalls' disgust or dismay with our behaviour, be it booing all that kneeling bullshit or 'homophobic' abuse of the Chelsea rent boy when we played the Nigels. If it's not all down to him then I stand to be corrected. I think the bloke dislikes real Millwall and would happily remove us all - again I stand to be corrected if others have different experiences as I have never dealt with him personally.

With Kavanagh we've seen epic promotion of grassline, all this 'hate' nonsense, microphones in the east upper, increase in CCTV, then all the statements he's released over the last few years where he has stated Millwalls' disgust or dismay with our behaviour, be it booing all that kneeling bullshit or 'homophobic' abuse of the Chelsea rent boy when we played the Nigels. If it's not all down to him then I stand to be corrected. I think the bloke dislikes real Millwall and would happily remove us all - again I stand to be corrected if others have different experiences as I have never dealt with him personally.
Fair enough but isn't what has been done the right PR thing to do?
In this day and age, whoever is doing that job has to do those things, not really a club decision but an EFL one.
I don't like them either but it's not as though he thought it up and implemented it whilst all the other clubs done nothing, it's the way of the world and more harm would be done by refusing to do so.
He would of been instrumental in stopping us taking the knee when others carried on doing so.
With his position on the EFL board and his obvious friendship with JB I think he is playing a very important role at the moment.

In the past relegation has basically been that the club went as far as it could whilst selling the top players that got us there along the way only for us to no longer afford the players needed to keep us there.
This time is different, we have been able to turn down offers whilst improving the squad each season, that musn't be thrown away because of one person.
When did we last get decent money for a player to help fund the club. Morison? Help my memory

Fair enough but isn't what has been done the right PR thing to do?
In this day and age, whoever is doing that job has to do those things, not really a club decision but an EFL one.
I don't like them either but it's not as though he thought it up and implemented it whilst all the other clubs done nothing, it's the way of the world and more harm would be done by refusing to do so.
He would of been instrumental in stopping us taking the knee when others carried on doing so.
With his position on the EFL board and his obvious friendship with JB I think he is playing a very important role at the moment.
I don't think he was instrumental in stopping us kneel at all. In fact I remember he said that he was dismayed because of all the letters he was getting about the booing. I spoke with the club when they started doing it, and I was told, directly, that the players didn't actually want to kneel.
Fuck what the 'right thing' PR wise is. Try siding with your clubs supporters or if you can't do that then just keep schtum.

Going down would be a disaster financially but I agree with pretty much every other point on the positives. At the end of the day we are a league one club given our size and finances, just being in the championship is us punching. I hate what Millwall is at the moment, a while in the third tier would definitely cleanse the club a bit.

Members online