Relegation - the upsides

When did we last get decent money for a player to help fund the club. Morison? Help my memory
We had a history of selling our best players and not being able to replace them from 1990 onwards.
Since Harris took over we havn't had to sell anyone and only lost Wallace out of contract.
There aren't many of the current squad we could afford to keep if we get relegated and Esse and Emakhu will be on their way if they have any sense, the future isn't bright in Div 3.

I was in the company of Kavanagh last year and you take people as you find them. He came across as a total tool. Gave the impression he was long time Millwall but his knowledge only went back 10 years. Sussed him out in 2 mins. Don’t worry, if we drop he’ll apply for CEO at fucking primark .. ta ta ..

We must be the only fanbase in the world who have a large chunk of our own support willing us to get relegated. Jesus Christ.
I don't really 'want' us to get relegated, more like I can see how it might not be the disaster I was envisaging earlier in the season, as there would be positives to trade off against the negatives.

Relegation would be a financial disaster. A few years back I read that if you are a championship club then payments from the EFL and TV money add up to £8/9m each season. If you drop down to L1 then you only get £300k. Plus all players have it written into their contract that if you get relegated then you have to accept a 10% or maybe even 20% cut in your pay. Add to that to get out of L1 is one heck of a task.
They are my club and I will be there regardless of our status but it would be great to stay in the Championship

So it's Edwards, Aldridge, Kavanagh, the board since Morison was sold, the players, the foreigners, the day-trippers, the stewards, Lurch, the woman selling the German Sausages... etc.
If you hate everything about our club, just stop going ffs

We must be the only fanbase in the world who have a large chunk of our own support willing us to get relegated. Jesus Christ.
Not willing, possibly expecting. I personally don’t want relegation, I think the championship is a fantastic division. The downside is the have and have nots. Teams relegated have such an advantage it’s totally unfair.

With Kavanagh we've seen epic promotion of grassline, all this 'hate' nonsense, microphones in the east upper, increase in CCTV, then all the statements he's released over the last few years where he has stated Millwalls' disgust or dismay with our behaviour, be it booing all that kneeling bullshit or 'homophobic' abuse of the Chelsea rent boy when we played the Nigels. If it's not all down to him then I stand to be corrected. I think the bloke dislikes real Millwall and would happily remove us all - again I stand to be corrected if others have different experiences as I have never dealt with him personally.
I think you are 100% correct ,wants a luvey dovey club & supporters as he strives to climb the FA ladder using us as a stepping stone , looks like a creep and behaves like one ,cut through all t his bullshit and you will see the real man I beleive

Can't disagree with anything you say, and I understand exactly where you're coming from...... especially as you're a stalwart supporter.
I'll always support 'Wall, no matter what league we're in.
I just think it's a real shame how we've went from being close to the play offs last season, to the position we're in now of having think of the prospect of relegation.
At least we've still got our sense of humour.

Don’t have a big issue if we were relegated, but it would financially and playing wise wreck the club. De norre, Fleming, Esse, Danny and Emakhu would likely be sold, probably cheaply, to balance the books. The out of the contract players we couldn’t afford (Bradshaw, hutch etc). The loan players would be gone as well.

We would be left with sarkic, Murray, cooper, Mitchell, mayor and the under 23s.

With Kavanagh we've seen epic promotion of grassline, all this 'hate' nonsense, microphones in the east upper, increase in CCTV, then all the statements he's released over the last few years where he has stated Millwalls' disgust or dismay with our behaviour, be it booing all that kneeling bullshit or 'homophobic' abuse of the Chelsea rent boy when we played the Nigels. If it's not all down to him then I stand to be corrected. I think the bloke dislikes real Millwall and would happily remove us all - again I stand to be corrected if others have different experiences as I have never dealt with him personally.
very good post mate. we have lost alot of backbone as a club.Like so many i have followed the club for years and we suffer no fools but have big hearts and i have witnessed the good but it wont make the press and as for kav hes a back stabbing c...t,who should be held to blame for some of the things like support poor mangers and helped employ them.

At least the late jb loved us as he knew the score however he has a judas in the background