Re name the ground

I'm sorry but renaming the stadium Is ridiculous and Is massively over the top. I know It's an emotional time but a bit of perspective wouldn't go a miss. It would be like renaming God after a Saint.

So far we've had the ground, a stand, the new training ground, roads, the youth centre, sponsorship and his name on the back of the shirt Instead of the players. Next we will be renaming the club and only signing players with the Initials J.B.

For what It's worth I think there are some good Ideas there (apart from the ground and his name on the back of the shirt) to honor his legacy, but It needs to be done In a proper, dignified Millwall way that honors him for posterity but also doesn't make him bigger than the club Itself or Indeed weekens the tribute due to his name being everywhere.

To me naming the ground after him Is utterly rediculous and Isn't the Millwall I know. Naming the new training ground would be fitting after all the work he did to achieve It but that Is maybe too Isolated a tribute where his name Is only heard and seen In a limited capacity. The stand would be a great Idea, the downside being that would leave us with no stands left to name In the future should we want to. A statue, as long as It was done properly, would be magnificent and would stand the test of time. Does anyone care about the youth centre? I really like the Idea of his name or boat as the sponsor but the reality Is can we afford to turn down the money and would J.B, being the shrewd multi millionaire businesses who loved the club and run It astutely, want the club to forgo Important dosh for a season of sentimentality? The road Is already named Zampa Way and renaming It would, although touching, overwrite another part of the clubs Identity.

For me the naming of the North stand and a statue outside would be perfect along with a retiring his seat from the directors box If he had one.

So far we've had the ground, a stand, the new training ground, roads, the youth centre, sponsorship and his name on the back of the shirt Instead of the players. Next we will be renaming the club and only signing players with the Initials J.B.
I think your comment is a bit harsh mate. It's an emotional time and people are still processing what has happened. I reckon the idea would have crossed many peoples mind. It's a nice reasonable thought and no doubt comforting for some.

I think your comment is a bit harsh mate. It's an emotional time and people are still processing what has happened. I reckon the idea would have crossed many peoples mind. It's a nice reasonable thought and no doubt comforting for some.

It obviously is a sensitive issue right now but I do get where Stompie is coming from mate. Some of the ideas I’ve seen on social media are a little bit OTT for want of a better phrase although I fully understand where they are coming from and as you rightly imply all of us are still coming to terms with what has happened. I know from bitter experience, like many of us do, how hard it is to deal with the sheer shock of sudden loss and how difficult it can be to overcome that grief.

I think first and foremost the family and their wishes must come first in how we mourn the loss of JB. Also in my opinion JB was very much a dignified man who was happy to stay out of the limelight and going forward we should remember that and apply that in how we mourn his passing and eventually celebrate his life. I think a period of dignified reflection and black armbands up to and including the Bristol City match would be fine then further down the line put it out there to the fans with the permission of his family how best to remember the great man and do his legacy justice, be it naming a stand, a road or my preference a statue that we can all contribute to. All that though is for another day, right now the important thing is we stick together while we come to terms with the loss of such a wonderful man who played such a huge part in our lives.

For what It's worth I think there are some good Ideas there (apart from the ground and his name on the back of the shirt) to honor his legacy, but It needs to be done In a proper, dignified Millwall way that honors him for posterity but also doesn't make him bigger than the club Itself or Indeed weekens the tribute due to his name being everywhere.

I agree, mate.

No doubt is all very sensitive and what has happened will leave many different views and opinions floating around. For me, 'The Den' has many memories... Football, friends, family, good times, bad times etc... These memories all go back many, many years (and three family generations). I associate all this with The Den.

I'm not one for renaming The Den but, regarding the new training facilities, I think it would be very fitting to be named after him. After all, most of that is all down to him. There is room for both JB and The Den.

We have an end with no name. You get to see this every home game, the training ground you dont. This could be done & be ready for our first home game.

We certainly do have an 'end' at the ground with no name, and yes, it's a good idea to name it after JB. But what's the problem with naming the new training facilities after him as well? After all, the training ground is a big part of his work to bring Millwall into the 21st century and attract staff, players and sponsors to the club.

We certainly do have an 'end' at the ground with no name, and yes, it's a good idea to name it after JB. But what's the problem with naming the new training facilities after him as well? After all, the training ground is a big part of his work to bring Millwall into the 21st century and attract staff, players and sponsors to the club.
No problem with the end & training ground being named. Just not keen on the stadium name changing. At the end of the day its "the lions den".

Like Kavanagh said, whatever will be done the family will be consulted first and foremost and will be done with dignity and integrity and with supporters in mind.

Personally I would like to see a kit dedicated to JB for the whole season, like the commemorative kit the club did for injured service men and women, then something more permanent, a bust of JB in the garden of remembrance for instance.