Rare Colour Film of Millwall 1966/67

I'd seen every dog and racetrack in the south of England by the time I was 10.

:ROFLMAO:

My dad was wasn't quite that bad. Although, New Cross and Catford stadiums, along with the original Crayford & Bexleyheath stadium are still firmly embedded in my memory. If I remember right, there was also Speedway racing there as well.

That generation would pull any old stunt for a bet and a beer...
:grinning:

Just found this.

Some chap filmed Wolves' final away games if the 1966/67 promotion season. The sequence starts with film of Millwall in their famous blue and white stripes.

Age has not been kind to the prints and could do with some restoration. But it is film I had never before seen, nonetheless, and a priceless record of our time in our famous old strip.

That’s a great bit of history. I wonder if my Grandad and Uncle were there? Good to see that we held our own against a promotion chasing side. Same old that we pull results off form teams but never really capitalise over a season!

I'd seen every dog and racetrack in the south of England by the time I was 10.
Right D how many games have you seen us play at a dog track my record is Stamford bridge Wembley? And white city in a 3 .2 win still remember the players coming from a underground tunnel behind the goal in red shirts

Right D how many games have you seen us play at a dog track my record is Stamford bridge Wembley? And white city in a 3 .2 win still remember the players coming from a underground tunnel behind the goal in red shirts
You've topped me with White City, Did Eastville have a dog track?, Googled it and it had a dog track, Pretty sure you was on the famous panarama coach, So you must of been there.

Last edited: