Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Might have been sharing the same surname but my old man said the Brady brothers were both good players more so Pat i seem to recall,
Anyone on here see them play,appreciate your thoughts.

Might have been sharing the same surname but my old man said the Brady brothers were both good players more so Pat i seem to recall,
Anyone on here see them play,appreciate your thoughts.
Both were good players, Ray probably the better.

A fellow golf club member knew Pat well. Apparently he was a teacher near Tunbridge Wells and died quite recently.

For some reason, I can remember Pat charging fully 15 yards back at the Ilderton Road end towards his own goal line, after our goalie had gone down at the feet of a Walsall striker, and clearing the ball off the line 👏. Don’t know why, it’s always stuck in my mind 🤷‍♂️

Ray Brady originally joined Millwall as a full-back, but was converted into a very successful centre-half, a bit like Colin Cooper had been. Ray went on to play for his country, the Rep. of Ireland. Pat came to the club following a trial period around Christmas 1958. Ray was dominant in the air a formed the backbone of the team in the early 1960s. Reg Davies in goal, Ray at centre-half and Pat Terry at centre-forward. Mess with them at your peril. Pat was gifted and possessed a cultured left-foot, a trait younger sibling, Liam would inherit.

Ray and Pat were chalk and cheese, Ray a combative type and Pat more reserved in his manna. I think is was against York City at home, a City player fouled or took a liberty with Pat, over went Ray to give the miscreant a 'dig'. A perfect example of the younger brother looking out for the older one, instead of the other way round. Ray became a publican and Pat a teacher/lecturer.

Both were good players, Ray probably the better.

A fellow golf club member knew Pat well. Apparently he was a teacher near Tunbridge Wells and died quite recently.

For some reason, I can remember Pat charging fully 15 yards back at the Ilderton Road end towards his own goal line, after our goalie had gone down at the feet of a Walsall striker, and clearing the ball off the line 👏. Don’t know why, it’s always stuck in my mind 🤷‍♂️
Pat Brady was my careers teacher at Paragon school. On the old Kent road

Tep.excellent servants for the 'Wall. Never forget at Lsyer,.Colchester Ray getting sent off.with their centre.forwRd for fighting g on our goal line and I mean fighting not "Handbags" they were still at it going down.the tunnel with the police trying to intervene
As someone.said, you didn't mess with That team and you forgot Des Anderson.the toughest player in a 'Wall shirt

Tep.excellent servants for the 'Wall. Never forget at Lsyer,.Colchester Ray getting sent off.with their centre.forwRd for fighting g on our goal line and I mean fighting not "Handbags" they were still at it going down.the tunnel with the police trying to intervene
As someone.said, you didn't mess with That team and you forgot Des Anderson.the toughest player in a 'Wall shirt
Love reading your "Memoirs" of wall games in times gone by Obes.
Just a couple of years before my first game that one I think.
When you get time post some more please.

Des Anderson used to train us at school. Nice bloke.

Those Spotter's love a late goal beating. Oxford scored their winner on 85 minutes today...The Samaritans are hoping their switchboard goes down over the bank holiday weekend.

It's looking decent at the moment, chaps:
:grinning:

9.JPG