Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

Will be melt down central there tonight...

Just let in an injury time equaliser at Birmingham City.

I think I’d they’d have won that they would be all but safe now. But, it is going to be seriously close for them now... as can see Luton and Wigan (with deduction) overtaking them.

Will be melt down central there tonight...

Just let in an injury time equaliser at Birmingham City.

I think I’d they’d have won that they would be all but safe now. But, it is going to be seriously close for them now... as can see Luton and Wigan (with deduction) overtaking them.
My mate got Birmingham up and at them tonight.

24 shots at Charlton. A bloody missed penalty and even easier rebound blasted over.

Charlton were very fortunate even to get a point, late goal or not.

My mate got Birmingham up and at them tonight.

24 shots at Charlton. A bloody missed penalty and even easier rebound blasted over.

Charlton were very fortunate even to get a point, late goal or not.

Yes, listening to the radio, that was their conclusion too!

Bowyer should be chipper in the post match interview.

Yes, listening to the radio, that was their conclusion too!

Bowyer should be chipper in the post match interview.
I asked their manager to win it for Millwall, not Birmingham. He said he would - so he's let me down.

I'll give him some stick for that.

Pleased for him really. Birmingham had been in a nosedive and he really got them flying at Charlton. That is some achievement to get a team playing so badly to be so positive.

Just a shame the lad couldn't convert that penalty. Got the feeling the goals would have flown in after that.

Last edited:
Think Hull will go down with Barnsley , Luton have made a good effort to stay up only losing once since the restart ,after Hull they play Blackburn who have nothing to play for ,what a exciting league Charlton are leaving .

If they go down they’ll struggle to get back up for some time. There’s some big clubs in that league and their current predicament is dire. Could be the death knell for them as a club. Double relegation. Would be funny as duck. They still genuinely think they’re a big club. Absolute mugs.

Some hilarious quotes from the highly rated up and coming managerial genius and all round nice chap ‘Lord’ Bowyer after last nights last minute capitulation by the plucky sleeping (former premiership in case you didn’t know) giants.

“There’s no way we should be competing to stay in this league, it should be done, we should be safe. We’ve created enough chances to win two flipping games tonight.”

“I don’t want to talk about Lyle. Lyle isn’t here. There’s no point in dwelling on that. If Lyle was here we would be safe, 100 percent. Lyle doesn’t miss those chances we’re creating. But he ain’t here, so there’s no point talking about Lyle.”

“Everything was good but we didn’t put the ball in the back of the net. It should have been done. Finished. That’s why we’re in this situation, because since we’ve come back we’ve missed too many chances.”

So there we have it, the bright young thing of English managers doesn’t want to blame or mention Lyle Taylor but spends most of the interview mentioning and blaming...............................Lyle Taylor.

What I find odd is the constant blaming of the ex Belgian owner.

He did spend money, but wanted them to be self-sufficient - you’d think the goody two shoes Charlton fans would be all over that.

But, instead he is being blamed for a low budget. However, surely if Charlton Athletic are such a big club, then just like Leeds, Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Forest, their fan base would be happy to pay top prices and come to the Valley in crowds of 25,000+ on average... to give their beloved team the resources they need!

Ah, but they’re not that type of club. They are more like Brighton & Hove Albion. A club with a decent catchment area for floating football fans. In that situation though, you need success to attract floating fans. It doesn’t work the other way around. In fact, at least the armchair Liverpool etc fans of Sussex are prepared to pay good money. The armchair Arsenal fans of NW Kent want to be able to watch top football for a fiver it seems... and get a subsidised bus ride there!!

Our hardcore support has always been more robust than theirs... I even saw one comment ‘I cannot face League One again’. Indeed, they may be about to be tested and we will find out that it is actually ‘plucky little Charlton’ after all - not a club ‘similar in size to West Ham’ that some of the deluded muppets think they are.

No wonder that many of them, who despise us because a few hundred of our fans like a punch up with like minded individuals, were so keen to let a rich Arab with blood on their hands pay for their fantasy!

Last edited: