Quotes from the Charlton no life forum

He's supposedly worth between £330m-£400m. Dubious electrical medical supplies. He'll get them into the Championship. But as Wippa says, not the top tier.

• se9addickse9addick
    3:59PM
    Dreadful performance.

Imagine being in the same league as Lincoln and then losing to them, embarrassing on both counts.

Yeah imagine that, everyone knows they should have been 3-0 up at Anfield.

AdTheAddicKAdTheAddicK
7:10AM
So sad the end is near for the thread. Remembering waking up at 3am in a cold sweat having to check to see if there was any updates, and the 2 min toilet break which would result in half hour. Scanning through for kiwi and Dubai's input.

Even analyzing ollys rainbow (which in truth probably had some meaning now?)

What happens now?

As Wippa says, the Nigels have been out cringed in the art of oddballery

CAFCsayerCAFCsayer
10:18AM
Mr Sandgaard, build me a team,
Make it the greatest one I've ever seen,
Go put a smile, on Gallen and Bowyer,
Tell 'em that our league 1 days are over

Sandgaard, show us your dream,
Of taking Charlton to the Premier League,
Please turn on your magic beam
And Sandgaard, show us your dream!

:ROFLMAO:

' Please turn on your magic beam ' :rotfl:
That looks like the restaurant in the Waldorf.
I think I recognise the cock on the sideboard.

He's supposedly worth between £330m-£400m. Dubious electrical medical supplies. He'll get them into the Championship. But as Wippa says, not the top tier.

In the past, I would have agreed. However, I wonder how much this wage cap will affect League One in terms of promotion.

I would imagine that unless they bounce back straight away, it will get harder and harder. Because, if you think about it, if you can only earn x amount in wages, then it may make more sense to not join a London club and have to pay a premium for living in commuter belt Kent, Essex or Surrey. Especially when the likes of Sunderland, Hull City, Peterborough United, Doncaster Rovers and Ipswich Town can offer as good a chance of promotion, if not better.

Also, I think it will create a ever widening gap between relegated Championship clubs and their new League One rivals. Say Charlton fail to win promotion this season (I know, hard to imagine when they have Lord Bowyer), and Sheffield Wednesday and Preston North End go down... well, they’ll still be able to retain a number of their players, players Charlton (and others) could not meet the wages for.

Charlton could offer big wage increases on promotion to tempt players... but it’s still a bird in hand and all that. As again, Sunderland, Portsmouth and Ipswich could do the same and whilst current wages are going further in L1 too.

I wonder if that’s why there’s been so much talk about their academy... ie that’s what will be the focus on trying to help them thrive. However, as a League One club they are now less attractive for young players to join, as well as for young pros to stay at, especially when bigger clubs come calling. It’s not as simple as just keep producing good young players. Millwall, twice FA Youth Cup winners, would know!

Also, whoever ‘Millwall Fan’ is that goes on
there... you can reassure one of the anoraks who asked, that yes, the Millwall v Sporting Lisbon to open the new stadium was a sell-out - restricted to 18,000 I think, due to safety tests. In fact, it is the only time I have sat in the North Stand.

Good game too...

I think Danish Dave has over stated his 'Rock Star' status slightly.
:smoke:

This is where I think our dear cousins from the suburbs are deluded...

1192C129-624F-45A3-A4B8-CE940BACE9E7.jpeg

Because they believe it’s about ‘getting back to the PL’... Not making it to the PL... getting back... as if they belong there.

Look at those clubs they are alluding too (sunk to L1 and got ‘back’)...

Brighton & Hove Albion - huge and affluent catchment area all to themselves. A regional following and able to get 20,000 plus in L1.

Wolverhampton Wanderers - a big, one club city. Won every domestic honour. A rich and full top flight history. A regional following. Able to get 25,000 plus in L1.

Southampton -a big, one club city. A rich and full top flight history post war. Won something in recent history. A regional following. Able to get 25,000 plus in L1.

Leicester City - a big, one club city. A rich and full top flight history. Won something in recent history. A regional following. Able to get 25,000 plus in L1.

Sheffield United - from a football mad city. Very rich and full history. A regional following. Able to get 25,000 plus in L1.

Leeds United - the biggest one club city in UK. History of winning honours, including in recent memory. A national, even international level following. Able to get 35,000 plus in L1.

Where do these office workers from Sidcup etc get off equating their never sold out a London derby outside the PL, cheap ticket giveaways, can’t get past the 1st round of cups mediocre football club with the above?!

I’ve got a feeling that unless Charltons results don’t turn around quickly and they have a sustained run at the top of league one it won’t be long before they turn on Bowyer.