Our own lifetime legends

champs08

Born in 77 and going to my first game in 82 (I know, very slack), my wall legends are very few but justifiable IMO -

Hurlock
Rhino
Teddy
Harris
Abdou
Robbo
Rae
Briley
Carter
Cahill

10 absolutely brilliant players for us. In comparison with the playing staff during this time, I’d call them legends, agree / disagree ?

Alan Dunne. 15 years a lion, 341 appearance's and 17 goals. Sent off a record 10 times for us.

Agree, although he could sometimes be a bit of a liability discipline wise Dunney typified what endears certain players to us supporters. Not exactly the most talented player you will ever see but made up for it with determination, heart and effort.

BTW while we’re on the subject, does Jed Wallace make it on the list Peckham?:whist:

For me, a legend to me is someone who was a top player and would want to come back to the club after he has left, in whatever capacity, even as a fan.
Sheringham will probably be the best player ever to wear our shirt but he doesn't care about the club too much, not that he should.

Harris
Rhino
McCleary
Hurlock
Briley
Cahill

Last edited:
For me my first game was in 1951 but I have to be honest and say that I don’t remember much about it!
My all time legends are,
Alex Stepney
Kitch
Hurlock
Briley
Teddy
McLeary
Rhino
Timmy
Harris
Denzil

For me, a legend to me is someone who was a top player and would want to come back to the club after he has left, in whatever capacity, even as a fan.
Sheringham will probably be the best player ever to wear our shirt but he doesn't care about the club too much, not that he should.

Harris
Rhino
Rae
McCleary
Hurlock
Briley
Cahill
Disagree about Ted. Every interview I’ve ever heard of his he always praises the club and fans and says it was the best period of his career, which considering what he went on to do seems high praise to me

Disagree about Ted. Every interview I’ve ever heard of his he always praises the club and fans and says it was the best period of his career, which considering what he went on to do seems high praise to me
I agree with that, I have never heard him say a bad word about us and didn't mean to sound as though I thought he didn't care. It's just I feel that we are just one of many clubs in his career and he doesn't have the same feeling for the club as those I mentioned.

Members online