Ollie Burke back at den?

We really lack imagination. We get Ben Marshall on loan twice and now Burke. He is not very good (I hope I’m wrong) as he’s quick but not a very good football player. Flattered to deceive throughout career.

Rather play burey or esse.

We can only go for what's available, it's a panic buy/ sticking plaster. window for every club. It's not lacking imagination, it's being sensible as we know all about Bourke and what he brings. He knows the manager, set up etc so no fucking about trying to settle in. Burey is hot and cold, plus the boo boys are on his case, we can't rely on him at the moment. We have gone for proven experience in Bourke and Watmore, can't ask much more than that.

We really lack imagination. We get Ben Marshall on loan twice and now Burke. He is not very good (I hope I’m wrong) as he’s quick but not a very good football player. Flattered to deceive throughout career.

Rather play burey or esse.
Esse (y)

Burey (n)

Interesting comment from the club that signed Jed Wallace!!
If we hadn’t signed Jed when we did, we’d be playing Charlton in Division One. Then the only players we’d be able to sign would have no pace & no brains! (and the players we’d be re signing would be AOB or Marquis)

We can only go for what's available, it's a panic buy/ sticking plaster. window for every club. It's not lacking imagination, it's being sensible as we know all about Bourke and what he brings. He knows the manager, set up etc so no fucking about trying to settle in. Burey is hot and cold, plus the boo boys are on his case, we can't rely on him at the moment. We have gone for proven experience in Bourke and Watmore, can't ask much more than that.
Exactly this, A sticking plaster for the dilemma we are in. Bourke transition should be pretty seamless was disappointed we didn’t sign him first time around but he will need to do better if he gets game time.

Exactly this, A sticking plaster for the dilemma we are in. Bourke transition should be pretty seamless was disappointed we didn’t sign him first time around but he will need to do better if he gets game time.
I felt with Burke he was one iota short of being a really good player. Every time I watched him I thought today will be the day but it never happened.

Fingers crossed someone will flick the switch and he delivers big time 🙏

Last edited:
I thought Burke had something to offer when he was here last time and we cannot take financial risks with crocks like Rab C if we are spending serious money. I work on the basis that for Millwall, any player with everything won’t stay long anyway. If they put in 110% every game and get stuck in and are either fast or big that’s a bonus. It’s the sum of the parts for us as a team and as long as they fit the group with the attributes they have that will do for me. John Goodman the speedster for Ted, Livermore the defensive midfielder for Cahill and Hutch and Coops compliment each other with the qualities they have are just a few examples.