Next Four Matches

Irish Millwall

A lot of people aren't happy with our performance since the start of the season. We were all very optimistic at season kick off with all the new signings but now some of us are even starting to worry about whether we're going to find ourselves in a relegation battle. Within reason, the controversy about Rowett's style of play isn't going to go away however well our results go . Even if we reach the play-offs, the Gary Rowett "drive with the handbrake on" style of play will lead some to say that we'd have gotten automatic promotion with a more attacking manager. But I'm fairly confident that we'll see a big improvement in results next month. We have 3 home matches coming up against Cardiff, QPR and Blackpool, along with a trip to Sunderland. After a poor start, if we're still serious about the playoff, we'd want to see 10 points from these matches. My guess would be 8 points. Wins against Blackpool and Cardiff and draws in the other 2. It could be a very important month for us. 8 points would have us solidly mid table - not as good as we might have hoped but at least we'd be fairly confident that we'll stay away from the trap door. But anything less than 2 wins and it could be a very long season coming up for us.

So what's everyone else's predictions for points in September?

With away form as historically crap as ours recently nobody should be surprised with the results of the opening away games. They were brutal. I’ll include Sunderland in that as they will be on a promotion high.

that’s not an excuse but we have to be realistic.

it is also realistic to expect more at home and away in the next month or so. The fixtures will be less unkind and rowett will have to have worked out how to get better from the players by then or he never will.

I am I right in saying our forwards have not netted a single goal!?...If that's the case it shows how starved of service they have had and our once tight defence have conceded goals as well as score them (and the midfield).
I know the away games so far has been punishing, but I don't buy into it that's the reason for nonexistent in attack, in fact the last 10/15 mins v Swansea showed that if the team as a whole had a bit more belief it could have been a different result, got to stop showing teams too much respect..

I am I right in saying our forwards have not netted a single goal!?...If that's the case it shows how starved of service they have had and our once tight defence have conceded goals as well as score them (and the midfield).
I know the away games so far has been punishing, but I don't buy into it that's the reason for nonexistent in attack, in fact the last 10/15 mins v Swansea showed that if the team as a whole had a bit more belief it could have been a different result, got to stop showing teams too much respect..
I'd go with that- I do think that Flem's willingness to take some chances yesterday will point toward some raised confidence and aggression- Vlog can bring some of that too, just as Burey at points prior. I think it's a confidence issue.

Glass half full for me subject to playing a settled side including the Vlog, Phlegm and the Honeymonster.
Cardiff 3pts
QPR 1pt
Blackpool 3pts
Sunderland 3pts (we always do well up there)
Hope so as I’m going to the Sunderland game 👍⚽⚽⚽

I am superstitious and always think that if I say we will win games then I am jinxing us and we will lose. Therefore, I predict four heavy defeats and a complete meltdown from everyone.