New Signings

If we could get a full season out of Leonard we'd be a better side. He's only ever completed a season three times in his career. Only once have we had more than 20 games out of him during a season. It's a shame because i think he's one of the best footballers we have.

Rowett has a conundrum to work out with our central midfield and how to accomodate Flemming. If he plays Saville and De noore and goes two up front where does Flemming play? I don't think the wing suits him or is his best/ favoured position. He shouldn't be picked to play wide just for the sake of shoehorning him into the starting eleven.

Then there is Watmore to consider. I'd like Rowett to pick and stick with a settled midfield rather than chop and change in respect of who our next opponent is. It seems to be a regular occurrence in todays game.
He could play Flemming in the middle of the 5,with Sav and Casper either side. Or just in front of those 2 in a 4, behind Bradshaw and Niblet.
Always providing Leonard stays fit, for the back 3. Lets not forget Danny if no Leonard, with Cuffy in front of him to help if necessary. IMHO 🦁

Last edited:
To play the diamond we would need a competent midfielder to play at the base of the diamond.

At present, I think Leonard is the only player who fits the bill which would mean he wouldn’t be able to play in the back 3/4, a role he performed brilliantly on Saturday 🤷‍♂️
Mitchell, Saville, De Norre and Honeyman could play there depending on what they were asked to do, I know we are always hoping for an upgrade in each position but it's what we have for the season, just because it would be a diamond formation it doesn't mean everyone would be asked to play in the same way as we used to use it, just realised that we used it at the old place and can remember it like yesterday May, Rae, Kerr and Allen as the diamond?

Last edited:
Mitchell, Saville, De Norre and Honeyman could play there depending on what they were asked to do, I know we are always hoping for an upgrade in each position but it's what we have for the season, just because it would be a diamond formation it doesn't mean everyone would be asked to play in the same way as we used to use it, just realised that we used at the old place and can remember it like yesterday May, Rae, Kerr and Allen as the diamond?
And under McGhee with Livermore, Cahill, Reid and Ifill.

I feel our squad is set nicely to play 442 with the diamond midfield, like we use to in the days of Andy May.
Not saying we should use it but everyone in our squad can play in one or two of those positions.
And it’s a lot easier for someone to step into those positions when injuries occur.
If a wingback gets crocked we are screwed as no one else can play there.

Mitchell, Saville, De Norre and Honeyman could play there depending on what they were asked to do, I know we are always hoping for an upgrade in each position but it's what we have for the season, just because it would be a diamond formation it doesn't mean everyone would be asked to play in the same way as we used to use it, just realised that we used it at the old place and can remember it like yesterday May, Rae, Kerr and Allen as the diamond?
I honestly forgot about Honeyman. When is he due back?

Is Burke resigning tomorrow?
Chatter on Twitter. He is leaving Werder Bremen by all accounts, but it’s not been reported who he is speaking to. Birmingham were linked earlier in the window.

I would have him back based on his form at the back end of last season. He seemed settled. The Mrs being able to come to all the home games, etc.

He’s obviously on decent money at Bremen, money we couldn’t match. But he needs a home, I think he’s played more games for us than any other club which sounds mental.

Who knows. I think a centre half is more of a priority though, but maybe Harding can be that missing piece.

May, Rae, Kerr and Allen. Excellent players for us. There was some goals in that lot.
We've not had many as skilful as those four in recent seasons.

sorry been our worst player ,the friendlies and the first 3 games he as been awful...1 game and everyone forgets our bad news been

I completely agree mate, he had been woeful prior to Stoke and was very frustrating to watch a player of his calibre just fade away in games. But he pulled his socks up on Saturday, to be fair to him.

& I can low-key understand why his head hasn't fully been in it. With the amount of bids we received for him, I'm surprised we never let him go... As usually the 'Wall way is to sell and get bumped out of a good deal.

Once the window is closed, I think we will start to see a more settled squad.

Why would he want to come to us?

Played 17 games for Bournemouth last season and, if he can’t get another loan to a Premiership team, I’m sure he could join a Championship team closer to his home.
I like Phillips, but he has been linked with Celtic on loan. Apparently.