New Signings

Flemming did go missing at points within the game on Saturday, but one thing I was impressed with, was his work rate.

There where a few times a 'Wall player had won the ball back off of Stoke. Thought it was Saville half the time, turns out it was Flemming!

Plus he also got an assist...

Wouldn't be in the team of the week if his overall stats weren't good enough. Probably averaged a higher rating than other CM/CAM's the weekend.
sorry been our worst player ,the friendlies and the first 3 games he as been awful...1 game and everyone forgets our bad news been

Few days before the deadline. Couple more loans lined up according to carpark man. What do we need? Centre half? Back up keeper?

I could see him picking Olly Burke up again to use him and Emakhu on the counter attack when we are under the cosh.

If Fleming goes I’d like Styles or Esse in that attacking central midfield role.

Mitchell for starters ,closely followed by no nothing Flemming
It’s my understanding Toffolo has only ever played left or wing back, not sure he’s the one to solve our central midfield problem 🤷‍♂️

However, a strong central midfielder to replace Billy has to be our priority as we move into the final days of the current transfer window.

Get Dobson and Leaburn off the trainspotters. We don’t really need them but it would send them into meltdown.

Yes.

If no one arrives I prefer Saville or Leonard.
If we could get a full season out of Leonard we'd be a better side. He's only ever completed a season three times in his career. Only once have we had more than 20 games out of him during a season. It's a shame because i think he's one of the best footballers we have.

Rowett has a conundrum to work out with our central midfield and how to accomodate Flemming. If he plays Saville and De noore and goes two up front where does Flemming play? I don't think the wing suits him or is his best/ favoured position. He shouldn't be picked to play wide just for the sake of shoehorning him into the starting eleven.

Then there is Watmore to consider. I'd like Rowett to pick and stick with a settled midfield rather than chop and change in respect of who our next opponent is. It seems to be a regular occurrence in todays game.

Last edited:
If we could get a full season out of Leonard we'd be a better side. He's only ever completed a season three times in his career. Only once have we had more than 20 games out of him during a season. It's a shame because i think he's one of the best footballers we have.

Rowett has a conundrum to work out with our central midfield and how to accomodate Flemming. If he plays Saville and De noore and goes two up front where does Flemming play? I don't think the wing suits him or is his best/ favoured position. He shouldn't be picked to play wide just for the sake of shoehorning him into the starting eleven.

Then there is Watmore to consider. I'd like Rowett to pick and stick with a settled midfield rather than chop and change in respect of who our next opponent is. It seems to be a regular occurrence in todays game.
I feel our squad is set nicely to play 442 with the diamond midfield, like we use to in the days of Andy May.
Not saying we should use it but everyone in our squad can play in one or two of those positions.

I feel our squad is set nicely to play 442 with the diamond midfield, like we use to in the days of Andy May.
Not saying we should use it but everyone in our squad can play in one or two of those positions.
To play the diamond we would need a competent midfielder to play at the base of the diamond.

At present, I think Leonard is the only player who fits the bill which would mean he wouldn’t be able to play in the back 3/4, a role he performed brilliantly on Saturday 🤷‍♂️

We’ll likely bring in a Centre half who can play a bit.

In an ideal world also a winger, box to box midfielder and a mobile target man.

I don’t ask for much.

Unless it’s a quality player, Cresswell, Styles, or even Dack, I think we have enough, it’s just playing them right, we need three in midfield, and remember we have De Norre available soon and Honeyman, who given a run could be the all rounder we need.

Unless it’s a quality player, Cresswell, Styles, or even Dack, I think we have enough, it’s just playing them right, we need three in midfield, and remember we have De Norre available soon and Honeyman, who given a run could be the all rounder we need.
just don t think our current midfield have the quality to play a passing game , great stoppers but no forward play in their game at present, need a General in there if we are to get the best out of our forwards

A loan of a CB in the Ballard/Cresswell mould would suit me, and if a decent striker who is good with his head should fall off the magic player tree, we ought to nab him quick.