New Home Kit

Would prefer it without the effect. Then again if i had my way i'd still have us wearing the LDDC kit from 84/85. Loved that one and the colour, it's what i grew up with. I know our colours are Dundee blue but i'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Harris out.
For me, the SLP kit, for much the same reasons. I was still young and going regularly with my brothers. That and I still think it’s the best design we’ve had, even the sponsor obviously represented the area. That and the Lewisham and Capt. Morgan kits take some beating.

Thegeezer that had TD sports on Walworth road said the same to me. Reckoned he would sell twice the amount without a sponsor on them but contarctual stuff prohibited them from doing so. Funny enough he didn't do wall kits cause he said he had to take a thousand at a time with no sale or return so he swerved it.
Typical bullying of the small trader. I bet if JD Sports or Sports Direct wanted to sell Millwall shirts there wouldn't be a minimum order.

Typical bullying of the small trader. I bet if JD Sports or Sports Direct wanted to sell Millwall shirts there wouldn't be a minimum order.
I remember years ago seeing Sunderland shirts in sports direct- Oxford street for forty notes, they got relegated and the shirts were reduced to a quid. They probably still made a profit on them!

Loved the red away one we had at the time.
You know i've never taken to away kits. I just love the blue shirts and is what i identify with. Seeing us in red or yellow just don't seem right. Blue home and white for away is what does for me.

Ha, was going to add that one. The LDDC one stands out for me cause we had such memorable seasons in that one. The cup run 85 being the stand out period. I was 16 and couldn't believe what was happening. George Graham and Theo Foley

:bow::bow:
Yeah, and the SLP year was shit. Relegated to the third tier. Still, it didn’t deter us, loved it all the same. Maybe more so than now with our relative success. Could be rose tinted, could have been just being about 20 years old and smoking weed in the stands. Probably it was the youth, everything being an experience, seemingly enhanced.

On the OS it is interesting to see the other two shirts hanging up just behind the new home kit. I assume they are the second and third kit. The second kit looks a bit like the Newcastle home kit with black and white vertical stripes. The third kit looks like a similar version of last years third kit with red and black stripes. Sadly not quite as good as the the red and black kit with Captain Morgan on it but there we go. It also says on the OS that the new kit will not be available to order until next Wednesday online but I wonder some enterprising wannabe Delboy Trotter will already be printing the new kit as we speak. And will somebody be wearing it amongst the 2,000 wall fans at the Priestfield tomorrow? I shall be there but not wearing the new kit! I’ll write a Just Back after we have been to the pub afterwards.
I think the stripes is our blue and white Errea shirt Morison got us promoted in and the red and black actually is the Capttain Morgan. Looks like 90s baggy cut.

Thegeezer that had TD sports on Walworth road said the same to me. Reckoned he would sell twice the amount without a sponsor on them but contarctual stuff prohibited them from doing so. Funny enough he didn't do wall kits cause he said he had to take a thousand at a time with no sale or return so he swerved it.
Was that the place that had all the football shirts downstairs, had to go behind the counter. Swear it use to be like 50p a letter, £1 a number prints on the shirt.

Could be rose tinted,
Of course it is mate, everything was great when was young when we look back. Truth is the Den was a dump and often half empty. I started going in 77/78 when theree was no more than two thousand in attendance at times but we tend to forget that and focus on the good stuff and why not!

could have been just being about 20 years old and smoking weed in the stands.
I remember my first time in the main stand seats, block next to the CBL. It was basically a mass puffing session. The plume of smoke and smell of rocky was all i could see and smell. Was sitting next to this fella who was a bit older than me- mid twenties and he rolled five skinner after five skinner and passed them along once he'd spark it and got it burning. I was out of me nut by half time and left the ground in the same state. Had to check Sundays paper for the result

:smoke:

Was that the place that had all the football shirts downstairs, had to go behind the counter. Swear it use to be like 50p a letter, £1 a number prints on the shirt.
Yes mate. He had all the kits and football boots downstairs. Big chubby geezer with bins and afew younger bods. Nice bloke and very friendly who'd look after if you were spending a few quid which i did on a regular basis cause my son was at the age for school football team so boots and goalie gloves bless him.

The geezer ( Steve) ? was Chelsea but had a soft spot for us. Once sports direct came to Walworth road he was gone within six months after a long stint in that shop. The other sports shop further towards the elephant and next door to the post office also went around the same time. Both family run independents and stalwarts of the community blown away by cheap and shitty sports direct.

We got fifteen grand from LDDC for the shirt sponsor. They also had two advertising hoardings in the ground. For younger readers LDDC was the London docklands development coperation. I think i'm correct i saying that LDDC was our first shirt sponsor.

Last edited:
It's fucking piss poor release of a kit.

No Image of the shorts or socks but they give you a description. What's that about? The shirt Itself Is folded over In parts because they have just left It hanging against an old Anderson shelter so It's not a full view of It.

Then have even give the release a tag line 'Moving through time' with through In small scribbled letters so you really only see the words moving time which Is a terrible choice of words considering what's happened. Anyway they have failed to actually explain what 'Moving Through Time' actually means or what significance It has to design of the the new kit.

But hey, they give us a biography of the Errs so that's brilliant.

Our commercial team really are fucking useless. I also think It's a piss poor looking shirt and our training kits are poor too. The most generic and basic of early 2000's design with little effort Involved. It feels like Errea have done us a favour by letting us have their reject stock for a price.

It's fucking piss poor release of a kit.

No Image of the shorts or socks but they give you a description. What's that about? The shirt Itself Is folded over In parts because they have just left It hanging against an old Anderson shelter so It's not a full view of It.

Then have even give the release a tag line 'Moving through time' with through In small scribbled letters so you really only see the words moving time which Is a terrible choice of words considering what's happened. Anyway they have failed to actually explain what 'Moving Through Time' actually means or what significance It has to design of the the new kit.

But hey, they give us a biography of the Errs so that's brilliant.

Our commercial team really are fucking useless. I also think It's a piss poor looking shirt and our training kits are poor too. The most generic and basic of early 2000's design with little effort Involved. It feels like Errea have done us a favour by letting us have their reject stock for a price.
It's funny how something as simple as a kit can clearly annoy people.
Personally, unless it is pink with rainbow sleeves, I can't get worked up about it.
It's a shirt, get over it.
As for the training kit, I actually quite liked that.
You can't please everyone.