Neil Harris Miracle Worker

Harris was brought in to keep us up and he will. Next year he has to turn us into a side that can compete for the play-offs and that's a whole new challenge. I hope he can do it.

Unbelievably we still have some suggesting if we stay up we should get rid of Bomber because they don’t like his football (that was at the Den today🤦🏻‍♂️). Surely he gets a shot at next season if he achieves his objective this season. I just cannot fathom some of our fans.
The playing style and tactics he employs are out of necessity and what’s more they’re fucking working so you can’t argue with that! If he stays next season there will be much more fluidity and variation in play.

I'd like to know where this sudden need from some of our fanbase to see expansive and progressive football. When has that ever been our way?

I'm currently watching the Liverpool v Man City game. Some truly fantastic technical football played at a breakneck pace by some of the best players in the world.

1-0 to City right now. Guess how it was scored? From a corner.

Last edited:
At the moment it's a results business and nothing else so everyone is delighted.if we carry this style of play into next season we'll end up with another situation which saw the end of harris before and rowett
But if we employ the same style as Edwards we’ll get relegated next season. We simply cannot afford a squad of players with the attributes to play that way. We have to be different to the big time charlies to survive.

I'd like to know where this sudden need from some of our fanbase to see expansive and progressive football. When has that ever been our way?

I'm currently watching the Liverpool v Man City game. Some truly fantastic technical football played at a breakneck pace by some of the best players in the world.

Haven’t got Sky but watching at my son’s.

Fabulous game 👍

City scored from a corner, like us yesterday 👍

Scored by a CD, like us yesterday 👍

From a set play with movement by at least 3 players to create space and without the ball getting any more than 12 inches off the ground, unlike us yesterday 🤔

And that is one of the reasons I’d prefer a new manager with more imagination 🤷‍♂️

But if we employ the same style as Edwards we’ll get relegated next season. We simply cannot afford a squad of players with the attributes to play that way. We have to be different to the big time charlies to survive.
I think with some astute signings in the summer we could be manage a mixture of the 2.

If JE hadn’t persisted with 3/5 at back and gone to a flat back 4 I think the results would have been better. But totally academic now🤷‍♂️

Got to take my hat off to Neil Harris , I must admit I was a bit apprehensive when he came back Four games ago . Thought it was a very , very big gamble by the board . Must’ve been very difficult to motivate an ever decreasing squad with injuries picked up by key players and a squad that must’ve been devoid of confidence under Edwards . It’s all too easy to criticise as I have done in the past his style of football etc but as I’ve said before it’s a results business and Harris has definitely delivered so for that he fully deserves all the plaudits coming his way . Well done Neil 👍👍👍

Not sure there was much choice when you consider things had to happen quick. Harris is so much Millwall he was willing to resign at Cambridge from one day to the next, and all credit to them for accepting. The better option than hiring some unemployed journeyman of a manager.

I think Edwards has taught us that you need to be one of the best teams in the division to play that way and we can't afford to be one of those teams but if we are to keep our Championship status we do need to improve our squad each season and if that happens we should see better football as a result of it.
As good as the last 4 games have been, it is obvious there is room for improvement and I think a lot of our out of contract players won't be able to provide that improvement.

Nail on the head Robbo,The expansive flowing football was sending us down, the football under chopper is never going to be slick and free flowing but for where we are we just need the points, if we stay up through a load of ugly games like the Watford & Brum games then so be it, worry about our playing style once we know what division we're in...

I thought we played some excellent football against Brum. I really don't understand some people's obsession with possession and little triangles - it doesn't do a lot for me. I much prefer to watch a physical game than a pretty one.

I actually think some of Edwards passing and using the ball coaching has hit home with some. We actually looked quite good at times, although still a bit powder puff upfront, but we all know that will be something to be looked at if/when we retain our Championship status. I think Harris has tried to stop the lumping anywhere from the likes of Cooper and it has started to show.

I actually think some of Edwards passing and using the ball coaching has hit home with some. We actually looked quite good at times, although still a bit powder puff upfront, but we all know that will be something to be looked at if/when we retain our Championship status. I think Harris has tried to stop the lumping anywhere from the likes of Cooper and it has started to show.
Harris in a interview has said that but for now he's got to play to the players strengths and it's a pre season project not during the season. It could be the reason de-norre isn't getting time ,he's a level above with his vision but with lack of quality up top he's probably struggling to fit him in to the current style of play.