Murray Wallace

Voted player of the season a few year ago. He hasn't pushed on from there. Dependable but this league requires a bit more than that. Whatever becomes of him i'll always be thankful and remember him for this below. Life long memories and days like the Everton one are why we go and why we love them so much.

Biggest small team in the world :bow::bow::bow:

That header from Greggory, I really thought he was going to be the best striker since Bomber when the looney signed him. Had the guile and movement but was never the constant finisher. Great player though.

Danny Mc could have got red carded for that challenge on John Swift, seen them given. He not Murray Wallace is a liability, I know he’s one of own but becoming more hot headed everytime I watch him.
Happened right in front of me. Was a stone wall red.

Danny Mc could have got red carded for that challenge on John Swift, seen them given. He not Murray Wallace is a liability, I know he’s one of own but becoming more hot headed everytime I watch him.
Danny‘s timing in a tackle is normally very good, but lack of game time could be an issue, I would imagine difficult to put in those sort of tackles on the training pitch

I remember when a challenge like that would've been thoroughly applauded. He's actually the only player with any real bollox in our side. There was a thing during the lockdown with Rowett and that Paterson knob from Sheff Wed's I think. It was getting very heated until Danny Mac stepped in. No other player went near. Millwall team wise a quite soft now, not really a physical side at all. Whenever it does kick off a bit, Danny Mac is always the first in there. We used to love that. Now it seems we prefer to play someone who goes past 2 players, into a dead end, loses the ball and who can't defend at all. When did this all change?

I remember when a challenge like that would've been thoroughly applauded. He's actually the only player with any real bollox in our side. There was a thing during the lockdown with Rowett and that Paterson knob from Sheff Wed's I think. It was getting very heated until Danny Mac stepped in. No other player went near. Millwall team wise a quite soft now, not really a physical side at all. Whenever it does kick off a bit, Danny Mac is always the first in there. We used to love that. Now it seems we prefer to play someone who goes past 2 players, into a dead end, loses the ball and who can't defend at all. When did this all change?
Similar happened against Leeds. Something flared up and Leonard squared up to a Leeds bod whilst the rest of our team just stood where they were and watched on.

I’ve got nothing against Murray and have a long memory. I would ms say though, he was lucky not to get hauled off at half time. The first half he made at least 3 bad errors. He also kicked the ball at players rather than passing it. He’s not alone, some of our players seem to want to hit a pass so poorly that the player receiving it has to take two touch’s to get the ball back on the deck.

That said, he was immense in the second half and probably gave hisself a bollocking at half time because he’s that honest the gaffer wouldn’t have need to say much.

My summary of Mr W is that he lacks ability with the ball and sometimes looks very clumsy, but his defending prowess and ability to win challenges headers etc is top drawer - and after all he is a defender.

He’s not a full back or wing back, and should never be played there unless the very last option.
Glad you picked up on that, our passing sometimes is terrible. The receiver either needs to go backwards when running forwards or take 2 touches to control the ball. In effect it slows down our attacking intentions. Love to see us go back to front in 5-6 one touch passes. Speed of passing/attacking wins games.

Murray Wallace is a cb. Been played out of his position for years. He showed today what he can do.
shows he cannot pass a decent ball ,gets caught with the ball and his first touch is awful leading to desperate last ditch tackles and the Titanic turned faster then him , great 2 years ago but now past his sell by date

It isn't...
Practise doesn't make you 'perfect', it makes you better.
The more you practise, the better you get.
If you reached perfect, you would't need to practise anymore.
:grinning:
Imo practice makes you better up to a certain point at which you plateau. That level obviously differs for each individual. You then need to practice to remain at that level.

From the little I know about him, Murray Wallace behaves like a good, diligent professional footballer - which is probably why he has been very consistent throughout his career - but with the best will in the world he's not and never will be as good as, say, John Stones no matter how long or hard he practices.

MY gut feeling is that it will be Murray that makes way for Hutch in a couple of weeks time. We are well served by left sided defenders with Longman and Joe and on the right we have BNC and Danny. So, when Hutch is fit and slots back into the defence it will be Murray that makes way unless, of course Leonard is crocked. Who knows?