Millwall v Crystal Palace KO 12-45

Billy was good at times but I thought he showed a little inexperience too. A great learning experience for Billy and a match like this will really stand to him. Another player who gives you confidence about the future for Millwall.
Got a needless booking and pulled out of a challenge,fearing another one, they broke and got their 2nd. In saying that, there was a long way to go. Who was Hutchinson marking? Mr Invisible Man

Mitchell didn’t have his best game today. Looked nervous on the ball, even more so when kieftenbeld came on. I’m not sure Kieftenbeld should be playing again for us. A lengthy spell of inaction and he suddenly looks about 50 on the pitch…

Serious thought, can we get Jack Wilshere on a pay as you play deal? He doesn’t need the money nor care about it, and he’s very very pally with Benik. He fits the exact type of player I think we need in the middle, someone who is comfortable on the ball and progress forwards rather than sideways or back.

Billy worries me as he barely makes a forward pass and looses possession in dangerous areas far too often. Kieft was dire when he came on. Ojo had a very good game as did Danny , even though he was eased off the ball far too easily in the build up to their first goal…. Decent overall performance though and a good cup tie.
That’s because he was fouled

Got a needless booking and pulled out of a challenge,fearing another one, they broke and got their 2nd. In saying that, there was a long way to go. Who was Hutchinson marking? Mr Invisible Man
Billy didn't have his best game today but he has huge potential and days like today are exactly what somebody of his age needs. He's been good so far this year for us but this was his first time up against Premier League opposition. All part of the learning curve.

Serious thought, can we get Jack Wilshere on a pay as you play deal? He doesn’t need the money nor care about it, and he’s very very pally with Benik.

Good point and I was only thinking about this the other day...
I wonder how much Wilshere is prepared to pay 'Wall to let him play?
Let's face it, we could do with the money.
:grinning:

Another enjoyable trip down to the Den yesterday. Disappointing result obviously but with a little luck we’d have took them to extra time. Danny Mac MOTM. Poor defending allowed them to score. I’d like to see more of Burey, he looked decent when he got on.
Great atmosphere in and around the ground. I hope it gives the team a boost getting back to league business next week.

COYL

Billy didn't have his best game today but he has huge potential and days like today are exactly what somebody of his age needs. He's been good so far this year for us but this was his first time up against Premier League opposition. All part of the learning curve.
To be honest, I thought Billy played well until the ref stitched him up with the booking. After that he couldn't tackle because he knew they'd be diving to get him sent off. GR should have hooked him when he was booked

I wonder if we could utilise our youth in the league games going forward? We’re crying out for an attacking midfielder, and Sean OBrien in the U23s is someone that gets talked up a lot. I believe he trains with the first team most weeks? Why not give him a go. I don’t think we give our youngsters enough credit, and personally we loan them out at too low a level. Burey is too good for League 2 for example.

looking forward to forest.

if we can give a team a good go who are about ten times our value, we shold take confidence from that.

it really wouldn't have looked out of place if we had won that, too.
That’s the problem, though.

We follow one great performance with one shit performance! Consistency is the key!

Hopefully, we’ll have another full (or nearly full) Den next Saturday, as yesterday’s performance and the playing of Boateng and Burey, will get supporters out and bums on seats!

Serious thought, can we get Jack Wilshere on a pay as you play deal? He doesn’t need the money nor care about it, and he’s very very pally with Benik. He fits the exact type of player I think we need in the middle, someone who is comfortable on the ball and progress forwards rather than sideways or back.
No thanks, he is always injured. Add in his off the field problems with addictions and the fact he hasn';t played for nearly a year.