Millwall v Crystal Palace KO 12-45

At least Rowett made a positive sub change, bringing on Boateng, who did really well with the limited time he had on the pitch!

I guess Rowett felt more comfortable bringing on the players who have done it for him before (Bennett, Smith), and whilst there is a case of not wanting to put the fate of a match on the shoulders of a 15 year old boy, it would have been great had Rowett brought Lovelace on - just to see him go at the Palace defence!

First time seen us play sober, thought apart from a 15 minute 2nd half spell by crippled Alice we were the better side, defending well apart from malone, there 1st goal was offside and every 50/50 descion went there way if we keep our youngsters including burey the future is bright, rowett needs to see that we are a much better side when attacking

First time seen us play sober, thought apart from a 15 minute 2nd half spell by crippled Alice we were the better side, defending well apart from malone, there 1st goal was offside and every 50/50 descion went there way if we keep our youngsters including burey the future is bright, rowett needs to see that we are a much better side when attacking
What the feck were you doing watching us sober;)? We always look better after a couple of ciders.
But yes, we do have some decent youngsters.

Lost but not disgraced.

Two moments of class from Olise the difference between the sides.

Hopefully a good learning experience for Danny and Billy. Both played well but their initial mistakes started the moves they scored from, albeit the Ref should have awarded a foul to Danny when he lost ball 🤦‍♂️

I wouldn't say they let themselves down in any way. To be honest they gifted us our goal more than we gifted them. If we played that way in the championship we would win more often than not.
I meant let themselves down by not playing as well as they did in the 1st half. For me, that performance in the 1st half - they did us proud! Felt it wasn’t until the last 10 minutes or so, that we played anywhere near the levels we reached in the first half! Had we kept the 1st half intensity up for the whole of the 2nd half, the result might have been very different!

I can now see why Murray Mint is used at LB/LWB instead of Malone. I like Malone, but I dont believe his defending skills outweigh his attacking skills, I'd even go as far as saying perhaps left back or left wing back isn't the correct position for Malone to be in, more of a left midfielder for me.

We're in need a left footed danny mac.

It's a shame we let them play a bit of football from 30th til half time, might have driven then on a bit more as they was beginning to work us out.

Shit happens. Can't stand losing to the Nigels but at least we didn't roll over. No cup run this year.

Mom, Danny Mac edged it from Billy Mitchell for me.

I thought Ojo did well :clap:

Okay he's a bottle job which will never please many fans but his composure and trickery on the ball displayed something we've lacked this season. Also dovetailed really well with Danny (y)

I'd like to see him play more, especially if the gormless one :whist: is on his way out, and the team learn how to get the best out of him and vica-versa(y)

Dunno about that, he lacks turning speed, that boy will be too quick for a lot of left backs
What he lacks in turning speed is made good by his defensive abilities and intelligence (Malone posseses neither) and would not have let one of the best left footed players in the premier get the ball onto to his left foot when he was on the right wing three times.

Billy worries me as he barely makes a forward pass and looses possession in dangerous areas far too often. Kieft was dire when he came on. Ojo had a very good game as did Danny , even though he was eased off the ball far too easily in the build up to their first goal…. Decent overall performance though and a good cup tie.