Millwall and the FA cup.

Got in at half time 3-1down Jimmy whitouse volley over Tony macedos head 13 years old at the time can't remember the missed pen but remember the replay two days later think they had a few england international players and our old friend bobby Robson they fuckin melted it was hostile
I went to both games and the return at the Den will live with me to the day I snuff it. I’ve experienced a lot of atmospheres at games but absolutely nothing compared to that night.Pissing down with rain, a typical Old Den muddy pitch and 35000 plus fans roaring them on. If ever a crowd could be credited for »winning » a game, then this was the one. In the Fulham side there was Macedo, George Cohen, Bobby Robson, Johnny Haynes and a young Rodney Marsh. It wasn’t enough because we had Tommy Wilson and Dave Harper!

Not an obvious one but Luton at home in our first year in the top flight, when the floodlights failed in the second half. It was a great game in which we went two nil up early only for Luton to peg it back to two all before Teddy popped up with the winner in front of a delirious CBL and climbed on the fence to celebrate with the fans.

It’s more to do with it being such a memorable time in my life being young and also a great period in the clubs history. If I remember rightly we were playing the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal all around that few weeks, everyone was buzzing. What an exciting and unforgettable era that was, those of us that were there were truly blessed to experience it at The (old) Den. Wish we could go back and do it all again.

Went to most if not all the games mentioned on here. The only one I didn't get in to see was the away to Spurs as I was dragged down by old bill trying to climb the stadium perimeter wall. Apart from the semi, the 2 most enjoyable were the away and home against Fulham. We were 4th division and they were 1st. Happy days.

Oh and the 2 away 2-0 wins against Everton and Arsenal. Very happy days.
Micky,

I’d forgot about the Everton 2-0 victory. We stayed in New Brighton after the game and you drove home in 2hrs 40 mins so we could watch the highlights on the Big Match👍

Yeovil FA Cup trilogy, think Kitch got a late equaliser up there, ( got a photo of it on my wall) finally won 1-0 at aldershot. As a young kid was exciting days.

Surely you would remember, being his biggest fan?😀😀😀
He played for 81 minutes, no wonder we won so easily.

Made his debut the Saturday before at Sheff Utd, I think I was there and was one of those who the hell is he? moments.
Looks like he was signed to replace Richard Cadette who played the first game against Arsenal and had a long term injury.
Also played the whole game against Chelsea and started the replay.
Started in the 2-0 home win vs Grimsby in between the 2 Chelsea games.
Came on as sub against QPR in the 5th round then started in a midweek 4-1 defeat at Barnsley.
His final appearance was as sub in a 3-1 midweek home win against Swindon.
He never scored but I remember him as a forward who never looked like scoring.

and to think of the scapegoats we have had mentioned over the last few years on here.

So many proud memories. Too many to mention, but Tim Cahill's goal, Tops the lot. That for me was our 'Cup Final'. Being the permanent underdog makes each Memory that much sweeter.

So many to judge from Newcastle to Manchester Utd. But it has to be the two Fulham games. game at the.Cottsge and most of us were in the Putney end. Manic second half especially as we got it back to 3 all. The replay.at the at The.Den was absolutely insane.it is reckoned our official attendance of.48 000 was smashed by at least 10,000 as fast as the old.bill chucked them out more came over the 'Wall especially on the Dog Track side.It was such a crush I thought Ivwas going to end up with cracked ribs.

Everton at home 3-2
Chelsea away pens win
Sunderland semi
Tranmere quarters - Harris goal - wow
Sheff Wed 4-4 old den
Arsenal 2-0

Chelsea 2 Millwall 3 1985
Millwall 2 Leicester 0 1985
Chelsea 5-4 penalties 1995
Arsenal 0 Millwall 2 1995
Newcastle 0 Millwall 2 1978ish, but that might have been the league Cup, memory going

Southampton at the Dell 1986. Twelve months after Luton the club only sold tickets if you travelled on the football special from Waterloo.
Massive police presence and Millwall everywhere with it kicking off in various locations and don't think we let up singing the whole game.
0-0 a great result - unfortunately we lost the replay 0-1.
First game a good memory though.

After the schoolboy glories of Fulham and giving spurs a good go ,grown up now and off to villa Park fuckin ell didn't it go off platform 1 Euston the trIan was so long I thought it would reach new street , panorama on the train for the knees up mother Brown me bobby and daisy captured giving it got bused to the holte end and in we went ,the end looked bigger than the den but we were in for two hours off bottles fighting old Bill and taking it then not taking it great turn out

After the schoolboy glories of Fulham and giving spurs a good go ,grown up now and off to villa Park fuckin ell didn't it go off platform 1 Euston the trIan was so long I thought it would reach new street , panorama on the train for the knees up mother Brown me bobby and daisy captured giving it got bused to the holte end and in we went ,the end looked bigger than the den but we were in for two hours off bottles fighting old Bill and taking it then not taking it great turn o

Not one of the big games, I remember 2nd replay in FA Cup against Leyton Orient at Highbury.
That was one fucking cold night.
The floodlights must have cost more than the gate receipts, no more than 3000 there.
I think we won 3-0, no?

Members online