Match thread Sunderland v Millwall

Hutch back for next game.

Three defensive errors and a lack of composure and a game we should have got something from goes down the pan.

Badly need a central midfielder who can close down opponents, not get caught in possession and can create, which rules out Billy.

I know he’s an acquired taste but I think Evans has the ability to create, perhaps he deserves a chance.

On the plus side, I thought there were signs of our playing more controlled football and as Flemming and Vogl integrate more I think we’ll improve.

Bradshaw worked his socks off, linking well with others. If only he had some more support.

Should Bennett start?

A load of questions and I don’t know the answers 🤷‍♂️

Very poor 2nd half from us. Had our chances to put this game to bed in the first half. Woeful defending again from cresswell for their third goal but the game was done by then. Long too easily beaten for the second.
We looked very uninspired second half dropped off the pace and looked a poor side with no cutting edge

O well onto next week

BBC report
After an insipid, scrappy first-half, Sunderland turn on the style to beat an in-form Millwall side at the Stadium of Light.

Had Millwall's Zian Flemming buried a sitter at the end of the first-half we might be looking at a different game...

...he didn't, Sunderland regrouped, reset and came out firing - scoring three second-half goals to take control.

Just a point off the top six. Three-nil is harsh on Millwall though, who showed plenty of promise.

Members online