Match thread Sunderland v Millwall

Talk about a game of two halves! We dominated the 1st half without taking our chances and 2nd half we started as we carried on until the final whistle: no pace, no energy, no drive! Sunderland were up for it as the 2nd half began, and we suddenly found ourselves 2-0 down within the first 15 minutes!

GR made the changes in the 66th minute, bringing on Bennett, Shacks and Styles for Honeyman, Saville and Volkslammer, but the changes made no difference to our play - we were still lacking the energy and drive needed to get back into the game. Sunderland continued to press and we had no response to it. 82nd minute GR brought on Evans and Malone for Wallace and Danny, but apart from winning a couple of corners, and a decent distance shot from Mitchell easily saved, we never even looked like getting a consolation goal! In injury time, a Cresswell mistake let in Sims for a simple tap in, to make it 3-0 and our misery complete!

Should GR have started with Hutch instead of Cresswell? He was on the bench so he must have been fit. Personally I think he should have. Long was at fault for their 2nd goal and I think now is the time for GR to bring Bart back between the sticks! He’s a better shot stopper than Long and I think he would have saved their 2nd. Keeping the score at 1-0 we might have galvanised ourselves to get an equiliser, but it wasn’t to be! Thankfully, we’re still in the 6th position, but next weeks game against Wigan is a must win if we want to keep in the play offs!

Oh, and one more thing: I fucking hate that Tony Mowbray!!!

Talk about a game of two halves! We dominated the 1st half without taking our chances and 2nd half we started as we carried on until the final whistle: no pace, no energy, no drive! Sunderland were up for it as the 2nd half began, and we suddenly found ourselves 2-0 down within the first 15 minutes!

GR made the changes in the 66th minute, bringing on Bennett, Shacks and Styles for Honeyman, Saville and Volkslammer, but the changes made no difference to our play - we were still lacking the energy and drive needed to get back into the game. Sunderland continued to press and we had no response to it. 82nd minute GR brought on Evans and Malone for Wallace and Danny, but apart from winning a couple of corners, and a decent distance shot from Mitchell easily saved, we never even looked like getting a consolation goal! In injury time, a Cresswell mistake let in Sims for a simple tap in, to make it 3-0 and our misery complete!

Should GR have started with Hutch instead of Cresswell? He was on the bench so he must have been fit. Personally I think he should have. Long was at fault for their 2nd goal and I think now is the time for GR to bring Bart back between the sticks! He’s a better shot stopper than Long and I think he would have saved their 2nd. Keeping the score at 1-0 we might have galvanised ourselves to get an equiliser, but it wasn’t to be! Thankfully, we’re still in the 6th position, but next weeks game against Wigan is a must win if we want to keep in the play offs!

Oh, and one more thing: I fucking hate that Tony Mowbray!!!
EDIT: just seen we’ve dropped a place due to conceding 3 goals! Fuck me, QPR move into the play offs without even playing! :censor:

Very disappointing performance and inevitable result. Mowbray is too clever for Rowett. We were way too casual and missed what opportunities we did create. Some strange team selections not helping. You have to feel for those who made the crazy journey only to watch us give such a flat performance. We know how good Flemming can be, but would you pick him for the next match? Or Cresswell? Seville has one great foot,so why does he consistently move to his right which forces him sideways or back. So frustrating, so Millwall!

We can always dominant but we
Are pussys in front of goal, you have to go back to Sherrington and cascarino when we where a goal threat.

Very disappointing performance and inevitable result. Mowbray is too clever for Rowett. We were way too casual and missed what opportunities we did create. Some strange team selections not helping. You have to feel for those who made the crazy journey only to watch us give such a flat performance. We know how good Flemming can be, but would you pick him for the next match? Or Cresswell? Seville has one great foot,so why does he consistently move to his right which forces him sideways or back. So frustrating, so Millwall!
disagree with some of that but to each their own on a different day we are 3-0 up
i have seen us get beat 6-0 and 6-2 up their that journey home is no fun

Mowbray is too clever for Rowett.
I don’t think it was that - more a case that we didn’t take our chances in that 1st half, and in the 2nd half they did!

You can blame GR for not replacing Long and Cresswell with Bart and Hutch today, but he can’t be blamed for the chances our players missed in that 1st half! That’s down to the players!

For some strange reason, we never started the 2nd half playing as we did 1st half! Mowbray must have put a rocket under the arses of every Sunderland player at half time, because 2nd half they controlled the game and their chances went in!

A bad day at the office today, but we move on to Wigan at home next week, and 3 welcome points to get us back in the play offs!

COYL!

We are Millwall, we have our way, got to accept the occasional reverse so long as we get another positive run. 2 wins and 2 draws from the rest of December are achievable and will suit. This league is so open. We have just come through a run of 5 points from a possible 15 so would not expect to be still vying for play off places, so 7 or 8 from the next possible 12 should see us back in there. KTF COYL

How is one of the worst keepers we have ever had keeping one of the best keepers we have ever had out of the starting 11?
long is fucking useless!!!

Staff online